FanGraphs Baseball


RSS feed for comments on this post.

  1. I hope those extra sliders aren’t compromising his health. He was in beast mode.

    Comment by AL Eastbound — February 1, 2012 @ 10:37 am

  2. I bet his mom is happier he’s not longer slouching.

    Comment by Chad — February 1, 2012 @ 10:39 am

  3. Curveball won’t bother a shoulder more than any other pitch.

    Comment by Bill — February 1, 2012 @ 10:41 am

  4. I’m hopeful for a healthy JJ in 2012.

    Comment by unenthused — February 1, 2012 @ 11:30 am

  5. Me too, he’s my favorite pitcher to watch. Not a marlins fan either

    Comment by Kyle — February 1, 2012 @ 11:59 am

  6. Thanks for linking up the quote from Chipper, always interesting to see what players have to say about a topic. In this case, the difference was really noticeable not only looking at the numbers but to the people playing the game.

    Any word on how JJ is throwing right now?

    Comment by MustBunique — February 1, 2012 @ 12:08 pm

  7. He apparently started throwing off the mound this week, so it would appear to me that everything is looking to go well, and he’ll be working out with the rest of the team on the same schedule:

    Comment by Albert Lyu — February 1, 2012 @ 1:34 pm

  8. Maybe I’m reading the chart wrong, but it seems to only account for 96% of the pitches he threw to lefty batters in 2010, wheres the remaining 4%?

    Comment by Dan — February 1, 2012 @ 2:29 pm

  9. Usually it’s practice to take out intentional balls from the denominator, but I must have left it in and just simply took a percentage of all pitches (including intentional balls).

    Comment by Albert Lyu — February 1, 2012 @ 5:14 pm

  10. Johnson and Brandon Morrow have a very similar arsenal, and Farrell was saying that developing the curveball even just to flash here and there is an absolute must. Can only hope he takes the same steps as JJ.

    Comment by Brad McLean — February 1, 2012 @ 9:15 pm

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.

Close this window.

0.303 Powered by WordPress