Table of Contents
Here’s the table of contents for today’s edition of the Daily Notes.
1. Danny Salazar Night in America
2. Today’s MLB.TV Free Game
3. Today’s Complete Schedule
Danny Salazar Night in America
The Purpose of This Post
The purpose of this post is to announce — for the benefit of everyone in America — how young and hard-throwing Cleveland right-hander Danny Salazar is starting tonight against Atlanta at 7:10pm ET.
Regarding Danny Salazar, Some Salient Facts
Some salient facts regarding Danny Salazar, presented by means of unordered list, are:
• He’s got the second-best xFIP- among all pitchers with 20-plus innings recorded as a starter; and
• He’s got the second-hardest fastball, on average, among that same population; and
• He throws a split–changeup that late fifth-century Christian theologian Pseudo-Dionysius anticipated probably in the composition of his Mystical Theology.
Regarding Pseudo-Dionysius, How He’d Describe Salazar’s Split-Change
Were he to describe Danny Salazar’s split-change, fifth-century Christian theologian Pseudo-Dionysius would likely feel compelled to employ some or all of the following phrases:
• “Darkness which is beyond light”; and
• “Unknowing which is enshrouded under all that is known and all that can be known”; and
• “The superessential Radiance”; and
• “A science both vast and minute”; and
• “The summit of the divine ascent.”
Regarding the Present Author, How He’d Describe Salazar’s Split-Change
Were he to describe Danny Salazar’s split-changeup, the author would plagiarize Pseudo-Dionysius, probably.
Action Footage: All of Danny Salazar’s Most Recent Strikeouts
Here’s video of all Danny Salazar’s seven strikeouts from his most recent start, against the Los Angeles Angels:
Today’s MLB.TV Free Game
San Diego at Arizona | 20:40 ET
Ian Kennedy (149.1 IP, 113 xFIP-, 0.6 WAR) faces Undecided. The latter of those names (i.e. Undecided) would almost certainly be forbidden by Danish naming conventions.
Readers’ Preferred Broadcast: Arizona Radio, Perhaps?
Today’s Complete Schedule
Here’s the complete schedule for all of today’s games, with our very proprietary watchability (NERD) scores for each one. Pitching probables and game times aggregated from MLB.com and RotoWire. The average NERD Game Score for today is 5.2.
Note: the following table is entirely sortable.
To learn how Pitcher and Team NERD Scores are calculated, click here.
To learn how Game NERD Scores are calculated, click here.
* = Fewer than 20 IP, NERD at discretion of very handsome author.