Free agency begins five days after the end of the World Series. As in other recent offseasons, FanGraphs is facilitating this offseason a contract-crowdsourcing project, the idea being to harness the wisdom of the crowds to the end of better understanding the 2013-14 free-agent market.
Note that, this year, in addition to asking readers to estimate the years/dollars each free agent is likely to receive, FanGraphs is also requesting that readers make note of how much they’d pay each free agent were they, themselves, actual GMs.
In this edition: Adam Lind.
Some relevant information regarding Lind:
- Has averaged 472 PA and 0.6 WAR over last three seasons.
- Has averaged 0.8 WAR per 600 PA over last three seasons.
- Recorded a 1.8 WAR in 521 PA in 2013.
- Is entering his age-30 season.
- Made $5.0M in 2013, as part of extension signed in 2010.
Using the form below, estimate the years and average annual dollar values both likely and ought to be received by Lind this offseason.
Print This Post