**Read the information below COMPLETELY. Failure to follow the instructions will affect your candidacy.
• If selected for an interview, you will be asked to come to Minute Maid Park in person. You will be responsible for any travel arrangements you choose to make for interview purposes.
• The Astros offer scholarships to eligible students. The Houston Astros Internship Scholarship Program has been established to increase opportunities for undergraduate students of limited financial means to be able to complete full time internships with the club.
• These are full time, unpaid internship opportunities, which require interns to work a 32 to 40 hour work week. In addition, it is mandatory that the candidate receive college credit for their participation in the internship program.
• Specific duties and responsibilities will vary based upon the department but this is a “hands on” internship opportunity.
• If there is a requirement such as language fluency or computer program knowledge, you MUST meet that requirement before selecting that as a department of interest.
• Energetic and enthusiastic. • Outgoing, positive attitude and personality. • Must be a “team player.” • Interested in more than just working in a high profile environment. • Ability to multi-task and work in a fast paced environment. • Willing to offer ideas and suggestions. • Punctual and professional.
Start date: 5/14
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Develop database-driven applications and reports, using tools such as Visual Studio, C#, SQL Server Reporting and Integration Services, and web technologies.
• Assist the staff by performing occasional reporting, data mining, or other tasks that require advanced technical capability
• Develop and maintain documentation supporting the maintenance of technical systems.
• Partner with Director to develop applications for mobile devices
• Strong knowledge of SQL Server RDBMS systems including: Table definition, data normalization, stored procedures, table indexing, SSIS, and SSRS.
• Experience integrating multiple data sources, formats and media into a single interface
• Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel
• Excellent written, verbal, listening and presentation skills
• Ability to multi-task and manage projects on strict deadlines in a fast-paced work environment
• Possess high degree of discretion, integrity, professionalism, and accountability
• Passion for baseball and the ability to work within a team framework?
• Ability to work flexible hours
Note: When you apply for this job online, you will be required to answer the following questions:
1. I understand that this is an unpaid internship and I WILL receive college credit for my participation in this internship.
2. I understand that I am responsible for my own housing and expenses while participating in the internship.