Baseball Info Solutions (BIS) is committed to providing the most accurate, in-depth, timely professional baseball data, including cutting-edge research and analysis, striving to educate major league teams and the public about baseball analytics.
We are seeking highly motivated individuals with a passion for baseball to join our team.
Would you like to launch your software development career working with the latest .NET tools and technologies? Would you be interested in working closely with a small team of senior developers to create new products and features in a baseball centric environment? Baseball Info Solutions is seeking a Junior .NET Developer in our Coplay, PA office to help deliver new web-based products to our customers. This is a great opportunity in a casual office environment with one of the leading providers of in depth baseball statistics.
The candidate will develop assist in developing new products as well as help maintain existing products. Strong candidates will possess a self-motivated attitude, great communication skills, and be able to work in a collaborative, team environment or independently as needed.
Candidates must possess:
- Develop new features, applications and maintain existing applications.
- Full life-cycle development.
- Web development in C# and Asp.NET 4.0.
- Full understanding of Asp.NET using a C# object oriented code base.
- Understanding of SSRS.
- HTML and CSS
- In depth knowledge of MS Development tools
- Knowledge of baseball statistics and analytics.
- SQL Server Development is a plus.
Skills and Qualifications:
For more information or to apply, please submit your résumé and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
2014 Video Scouts
BIS Video Scouts watch multiple games per day throughout the season and record their observations for our clients’ consumption. The BIS Video Scout internship is perhaps the best pipeline into a successful career in the baseball industry. Many executives inside major league front offices credit BIS for their first steps into the baseball industry.
- Score and pitch chart MLB games using specialized computer software
- Check the accuracy and validity of data
- Prepare and analyze statistical data for delivery to customers
- Assist with the production of the 2015 Bill James Handbook
- Provide administrative support to the full-time staff
- Demonstrated knowledge of baseball and baseball scorekeeping
- Ability to identify and differentiate between pitch types
- Computer proficiency and the ability to quickly learn new software
- High school or college baseball playing experience is preferred but not necessary
- Must be able to work nights and weekends
- Must be willing to work from our Allentown/Bethlehem, PA office
Interns will begin in either January or March and conclude at the end of the regular season (September 29th), with a possibility of extending through the middle of October.
An hourly rate of $7.25 and/or college course credit will be offered to each Video Scout. Anyone interested in the internship should send a cover letter and resume to Dan Casey at email@example.com.
Research & Development Intern
Baseball Info Solutions is looking for candidates to fill a paid internship in our R&D Department in the spring and/or summer seasons. The intern will work out of our office near Allentown, PA and will assist our R&D team, supporting research for publications and future products, including Stat of the Week, The Bill James Handbook, and The Fielding Bible. Recent R&D interns have landed internships and full-time jobs with major league teams.
The position requires a variety of skills including (but not limited to) an analytical mind, computer expertise, writing ability, and a passion for baseball.
Ideal candidates will possess:
- Knowledge of and familiarity with baseball and sabermetric research
- Analytical/Mathematical ability
- Proficiency working in Microsoft Office programs (or equivalents), especially Excel
- Experience with MySQL, SQL Server, or similar databases.
- An ability to write and communicate effectively with a variety of audiences
- An ability to work both collaboratively and independently
- Experience with other statistical packages, programming languages, and/or graphical visualizations would be a plus.
For more information or to apply, please submit your résumé and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Print This Post