Reports to Director, Baseball Analytics
The Kansas City Royals Baseball Club is seeking a highly motivated data architect and systems developer to deliver analytics solutions to both baseball and business operations. While primarily working with baseball operations, this individual will also support projects for broader business operations. The ideal applicant will be able to manage multiple concurrent projects that expand the overall Royals’ information architecture and analytics capabilities.
- Develop interfaces, data imports, and/or other ETL processes for identified data sources
- Apply database design and warehousing best practices to enterprise environment
- Support gathering and implementing data definitions and relationships, analytics requirements and reporting needs from the organization
- Develop organizational collaboration and information delivery tools
- Manage data lifecycle based on retention and storage requirements
- Ensure jobs and processes execute successfully, and ensure accuracy of data
- Understand data and be able to explain data structures and relationships to other members of baseball and business operations
- Ensure that systems and solutions are in line with organizational objectives
- Interface with analysts and staff on creation of optimal data structure for analytical purposes
- Other related duties as assigned
- 4 year degree or equivalent experience is required. Specialized training or certifications are a plus
- Ability to work evening, weekend, and holiday hours during the baseball season is a must
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills and ability to interact and work with staff at all levels
- Ability to recognize and maintain confidentiality of work materials and issues as appropriate
- Experience with the following tools, platforms and business data:
o SQL server 2005 or newer – required (SQL server 2008 preferred)
o SSIS ETL development – required
o Ruby on Rails, AJAX, HTML5 or equivalent technologies – required
o Development of portable platforms (PC, mobile) – required
o Statistical performance data – preferred
o Business intelligence experience is a plus
o Baseball knowledge and exposure to baseball statistics is a plus
Note: When you apply for this job online, you will be required to answer the following questions:
1. Do you have experience with SQL server 2005 or newer?
2. Do you have experience with SSIS ETL development
3. Do you have experience with Ruby on Rails, AJAX, HTML5 or equivalent technologies?
4. Do you have experience developing portable platforms?
5. Do you have a bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience in the field?
6. Are you able to work evenings, weekends, and holiday hours during the baseball season?
Print This Post