Join our team as the Developer of Baseball Applications and take a leadership role in a small, fast moving entrepreneurial company that is breaking new ground in sports.
In this highly visible role you will take ownership of developing applications for controlling, collecting, displaying and distributing data from TrackMan’s 3D radar system, which accurately measures the complete trajectory and spin rate of both hit and pitched baseballs.
Your software will be used by:
- Major League baseball teams and their minor league affiliates for player development and evaluation
- Broadcasters for editorial enhancements
- Equipment manufacturers for R&D and marketing
- Governing bodies for research and compliance.
Working initially as the sole developer in our US office and in close collaboration with a Denmark based development team, you will be responsible for designing, developing and testing TrackMan Baseball products; and as the business grows you will hire and manage a US based development team.
There is no template to follow because in many cases you will be breaking new ground. Your applications will often be used by highly skilled but non-technical people and success requires an attractive user interface that is easy to operate, and intuitive and actionable presentation of data in real-time and through a series of graphic reports.
To gain insights into the market, and all aspects of the practical applications of the software and usage scenarios, you will spend time in the field working with the end user and attending baseball events.
This is a great opportunity for a creative, independent thinker who is ready to grow into a management role.
Skills & Requirements
- .Net programming in C#
- Windows Communication Foundation (WCF)
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF)
- Web Services (SOAP)
- Microsoft SQL Server
- Efficient database design and queries
- Working knowledge of HTML5
- Sound documentation practices and strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently and collaborativly
- Ability to work efficiently with a development team based in Denmark
- Ability to communicate efficiently with non-technical people
- Be comfortable working with and presenting to professional athletes
- Working knowledge of baseball
- Positive attitude and entrepreneurial spirit
- Experience competing at competitive level in at least one sport is a plus
About TrackMan Inc.
TrackMan Inc. is a US based wholly owned subsidiary of Denmark based TrackMan A/S.
TrackMan A/S has developed a range of products for the golf market and is considered the gold standard in measurement of ball flight and swing path. TrackMan’s golf products are used by top touring professionals, teaching pros, broadcasters and governing bodies.
TrackMan Inc., based in Stamford, CT, is responsible for the introduction of TrackMan technology into the baseball market. TrackMan Baseball has developed stadium based and portable 3D radar systems thatprovide actionable information in real-time and through intuitive reports. We have penetrated the highest levels of the game and are now preparing to expand into additional markets.
The culture at TrackMan is casual, non-hierarchical and creative with an open flow of ideas between departments to stimulate entrepreneurial behavior. We have a small and rapidly growing staff dedicated to creating a game changing technology. Our customers are the best in the world at what they do, and we aspire to the same level of performance.
Print This Post