- Assist senior developers in the design and implementation of web-based tools and applications for senior baseball operations personnel
- Update existing components to utilize newer client- and server-side frameworks
- Test applications for cross-browser and cross-device compatibility
- Write stored procedures and other database objects for MS SQL Server
- Additional duties as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Experience with database-driven web application development in ASP.NET/C#
- Experience with HTML programming, particularly HTML5-based applications
- An understanding of CSS and cross-browser web development techniques
- Familiarity with Microsoft Visual Studio and source code management tools (Subversion, Git, TFS/VSS)
- SQL skills developing complex queries, stored procedures, functions in Microsoft SQL Server or other relational databases
KNOWLEDGE OF THE FOLLOWING A PLUS:
- Model-View-Controller patterns (ASP.Net MVC, MonoRail, etc.)
- O/R mapping (NHibernate, Fluent, Entity Framework, etc.)
- HTML5 video, video codecs, transcoding, and streaming technologies
- Microsoft SQL Server database administration
- Configuration and administration of Internet Information Services
- General IT technical support and troubleshooting
- Statistical analysis techniques and statistical software
- Baseball knowledge and knowledge of baseball statistics
Note: When you apply for this job online, you will be required to answer the following questions:
1. 1. Yes/No: Do you have experience writing database-driven web applications, using ASP.Net/C#?
2. 2. Describe one data-driven web application you’ve developed and how you’ve utilized ASP.NET/C# and an RDBMS in its development?
5. 5. List any active websites you have developed or contributed a significant portion of the code to that might showcase your work.
6. 6. Describe your involvement in any public open-source projects.
Print This Post