St. Louis (8) at Milwaukee (8) | 20:10 ET
• A number of readers noted (correctly), regarding the recent piece in which I named Clayton Kershaw the Boss of the Strike Zone that, were he qualified, Zack Greinke would actually have a better mark per strikeout differential (K% minus BB%, or K-BB) than Kershaw.
• Regard: Kershaw (28.6% K, 6.6% BB) versus Greinke (31.1% K, 5.3% BB).
• By way of an FYI, let it be known that Curt Schilling‘s 2002 mark (31.1% K, 3.2% BB) is the best in the FanGraphs Era.
• Which, that’s the era right after Postmodernism and right before Hammer Time.
• Um, Neo-Hammer Time, I mean.
Watch: Fox Sports Wisconsin. (Although, listen to Bob Uecker and Cory Provus call the game on WTMJ, if possible.)
Here’s the complete schedule for all of today’s games, with our very proprietary watchability (NERD) scores for each one. The average NERD Game Score for today is 5.8.
|Jair Jurrjens||ATL||5||6||4||3||3||WAS||Livan Hernandez||19:05|
|Carlos Zambrano||CHN||3||1||3||6||3||PIT||Paul Maholm||19:05|
|Josh Tomlin||CLE||6||9||6||5||4||BOS||John Lackey||19:10|
|Javier Vazquez||FL||4||5||4||6||2||NYN||Mike Pelfrey||19:10|
|Bronson Arroyo||CIN||4||7||6||4||8||HOU||Bud Norris||20:05|
|CC Sabathia||NYA||9||5||8||6||8||CHA||Jake Peavy||20:10|
|Chris Carpenter||STL||8||8||9||8||10||MIL||Zack Greinke||20:10|
|Cole Hamels||PHI||10||3||7||4||6||COL||Jhoulys Chacin||20:40|
|Clayton Kershaw||LAN||10||3||8||4||9||SD||Cory Luebke||22:05|
|Trevor Cahill||OAK||5||1||4||1||5||SEA||Blake Beavan||22:10|
|Ian Kennedy||AZ||7||8||7||5||6||SF||Matt Cain||22:15|
NERD represents an attempt to anticipate the watchability of a game for the baseballing enthusiast.
To learn more about Pitcher NERD, click here and scroll down a little.
To learn more about latest Team NERD, click here.
To learn how Game NERD Scores are calculated, click here.
* = Fewer than 20 IP, NERD at discretion of very handsome author.
Pitching probables and game times aggregated from MLB.com and RotoWire.