One Night Only: Game Previews for September 26th


An example of a famous Russian astronaut, or cosmonaut.

St. Louis (3) at Houston (4) | 20:05 ET
Brass Tacks
What with Atlanta’s loss on Sunday and St. Louis’s victory, the Cardinals now find themselves a single game behind the Braves in the NL Wild Card Race.

In Terms of Percentages
In terms of percentages, that gives the Cardinals a 36.6% chance of making the postseason; the Braves, 63.4% (per Cool Standings).

Meet Some Astros!
Here are some Astros: Brian Bogusevic (173 PA, 118 wRC+, 1.8 WAR), J.D. Martinez (219 PA, 106 wRC+, 1.6 WAR), Jimmy Paredes (172 PA, 93 wRC+, 0.6 WAR).

Meet Some Astronauts!
Here are some current astronauts: Serena M. Auñón, Jeanette J. Epps, Jack D. Fischer.

Some Other Terms for Astronaut
Here are some other terms for astronaut: cosmonaut (a Russian space traveler), taikonaut (a Chinese space traveler), sexynaut (an Italian space traveler).

MLB.TV Audio Feed: Astros Television.

Two Other Games
New York AL (10) at Tampa Bay (7) | 19:10 ET
It’s a battle of aces, as Tampa Bay’s James Shields faces off against New York’s Hector Noesi.

MLB.TV Audio Feed: Rays Television.

Boston (9) at Baltimore (2) | 19:05 ET
Prediction: this game will be “emotionally exhausting” in one way or another.

MLB.TV Audio Feed: Red Sox Radio or Television.

Also Playing
Here’s the complete schedule for all of today’s games, with our very proprietary watchability (NERD) scores for each one. Pitching probables and game times aggregated from MLB.com and RotoWire. The average NERD Game Score for today is 6.1.

The following Game Scores include the new and improved playoff-odds adjustment, which you can learn about in your brain by clicking here.

Away SP Tm. Gm. Tm. SP Home Time
Josh Beckett BOS 7 9 7 2 6 BAL Tommy Hunter 19:05
Ubaldo Jimenez CLE 7 5 5 2 6 DET Doug Fister 19:05
Homer Bailey CIN 7 5 6 3 7 NYN Chris Schwinden* 19:10
Hector Noesi* NYA 6 10 9 7 8 TB James Shields 19:10
Cliff Lee PHI 10 3 7 5 3 ATL Randall Delgado 19:10
Tom Milone WAS 4 5 6 8 9 FL Anibal Sanchez 19:10
Jaime Garcia STL 8 3 10 4 5 HOU Wandy Rodriguez 20:05
Felipe Paulino KC 8 10 6 0 6 MIN Kevin Slowey 20:10
Charlie Morton PIT 4 5 4 8 5 MIL Shaun Marcum 20:10
Dustin McGowan* TOR 8 6 6 2 8 CHA Dylan Axelrod* 20:10
Dana Eveland LAN 4 5 6 9 8 AZ Daniel Hudson 21:40
Casey Coleman CHN 5 4 5 6 8 SD Mat Latos 22:05
C.J. Wilson TEX 6 9 7 5 7 LAA Dan Haren 22:05
Brandon McCarthy OAK 8 1 4 0 3 SEA Jason Vargas 22:10
Jhoulys Chacin COL 5 6 4 3 5 SF Ryan Vogelsong 22:15

NERD represents an attempt to anticipate the watchability of a game for the baseballing enthusiast.
To learn more about Pitcher NERD, click here and scroll down a little.
To learn more about latest Team NERD, click here.
To learn how Game NERD Scores are calculated, click here.
* = Fewer than 20 IP, NERD at discretion of very handsome author.



Print This Post



Carson Cistulli has just published a book of aphorisms called Spirited Ejaculations of a New Enthusiast.


Sort by:   newest | oldest | most voted
TartanElk
Guest
TartanElk

That dog looks as if he’s saying, “Excuse me, Carson. That’s cosmocobakanaut to you.

NOTE: The relaxed paw on the console for emphasis. Emphasis and coolness.

wpDiscuz