1. Under almost no circumstance, fly through O’Hare. It is not worth it.
2. On Wednesday, in his first spring training game, Jonathan Sanchez‘s fastball was off by 2-3 MPH. He may get the speed back. He may not. If a person has a draft before his next start, there is a no need to pick up a below average pitcher with velocity issues. Just go for the below average pitcher with no velocity issues.
More fastball speed updates
6. Why in the hell doesn’t the Dallas Airport have free wireless internet? This article is going to be late and Eno is going to get mad. Hopefully I don’t have to write about the merits of Yuniesky Betancourt.
7. Mike Aviles looks to have the inside track for the Red Sox SS job. After following the highs and lows of Mike’s career as a Royal, here is my 2 cents on him. He is streaky BABIP driven hitter because he rarely walks (4.2% career BB%). He is a high upside, low down side pick at the end of a draft.
8. If a writer wants to infuriate his or her readers, create a list of ranked players. A list is a writer’s way of trolling.
Five sleeper picks I like for 2012.
12. Chris Parmelee – Morneau, Mauer and Doumit are ahead of him. They will be headed to the DL sometime this season. Their owners will be looking for a replacement. Be the owner to hook them up.
13. Zack Cozart – Don’t worry about him dropping out of the Reds #2 spot for the the low walk rate, Dusty won’t.
Why not push it to 6 sleepers
15. Are the Phillies always on MLB Network? Are they the new Yankees?
17. The Phillies 1B job, until Howard returns, is completely up in the air. I would stay away from all the candidates (Wigginton, Thome, and Nix ) because of what seems to be a bad ménage à trois platoon situation.
18. I am sure I will have one of my facts wrong. I just need our readers to point out which one(s) I messed up.
19. Finally everyone behave, us writers on converging in Phoenix this weekend. Nerds Unite.
Print This Post