- FanGraphs Fantasy Baseball - http://www.fangraphs.com/fantasy -
2B Rankings Using ZiPS ROS
Posted By Jeff Zimmerman On May 16, 2012 @ 3:15 pm In Projections,Rankings,Second Base | 27 Comments
The folks at Baseball Think Factory are kind enough to supply Fangraphs with projected ZiPS values for each player covering the rest of the season. These values take the player’s preseason projection and how they have produced so far in 2012 and then estimate the player’s stats for the rest of the season.
– Cano is the top rated 2B by a bit. Most of his extra value, compared to the 2B ranked after him, is from the extra RBIs he looks to produce.
– Kinsler, Cuddyer, Pedroia and Uggla are grouped closely together. A team could look at moving one of these 4 for one of the others depending on a team’s need. An example would be trading Pedroia for Uggla if a team is in need of a little extra power (HR and RBIs) and can take a hit in AVG and SBs.
– Jose Altuve looks to be the 2B that has moved up the most since the beginning of the season.
– Ryan Roberts looks like he remembered who he was and is now back to being irrelevant in fantasy baseball.
– Jemile Weeks, even though ranked low, will be an option for a team desperate for SBs.
– I am a little surprised to see Mark Ellis so low. He has been a nice source of Runs this season.
Article printed from FanGraphs Fantasy Baseball: http://www.fangraphs.com/fantasy
URL to article: http://www.fangraphs.com/fantasy/2b-rankings-using-zips-ros/
Copyright © 2009 FanGraphs Fantasy Baseball. All rights reserved.