It is getting into weekly/daily injury report season for each hurt player until the season starts. All of these reports will be in the spreadsheet unless there is a change is status. Otherwise, not a ton of news this week.
• Cory Luebke will miss all of 2014 with Tommy John surgery. Expect longer than a year for him to rehab since it is his second TJS.
• Jesse Crain will probably not be ready by opening day.
• Albert Pujols says he is 100%. Now, I just need to see him run in spring training to believe he is back.
• Grady Sizemore expects to be rusty. I have little faith in his comeback. He just seems to be holding onto the past.
• Often injured Tommy Hanson is looking to come back with possibility the Rangers.
• Ryan Madson is touching 93 mph and looking to join a some team’s bullpen.
• Scott Elbert had appendectomy surgery which will push back his Tommy John surgery about a month. Also, he became the first player place on the DL in 2014.
• Three A’s, John Jaso, Sonny Gray and Josh Reddick, all got a clean bill of health.
Players on or Probably on the DL to Start the 2014 Season
(*) 15 Day Disabled List
(**) 60 Day Disabled List
(***) 7 Day Concussion List
(****) Free Agent
Red colored entries are updates since last report.
Major League Report
Probably on DL
Minor League Report
Jeff writes for FanGraphs, The Hardball Times and Royals Review
, as well as his own website, Baseball Heat Maps
with his brother Darrell. In tandem with Bill Petti, he won the 2013 SABR Analytics Research Award for Contemporary Analysis. Follow him on Twitter @jeffwzimmerman