- FanGraphs Fantasy Baseball - http://www.fangraphs.com/fantasy -
MASH Report (2/7/13)
Posted By Jeff Zimmerman On February 7, 2013 @ 3:15 pm In Injuries | 13 Comments
Recent injury data
• Matt Kemp is aiming to be 100% helathy by opening day after shoulder surgery on October 5th. I wouldn’t count on it. I would probably drop him a round when draft day rolls around. As a general rule, I try to start the season with healthy stars.
• Logan Morrison will not be up to strength in spring training and may not be ready for opening day after knee surgery. He played through the injury during 2012 and it really seemed to sap his power with his ISO going from .221 to .169, HR/FB from 18% to 11%, and average home run and fly ball distance going from 292 ft to 270 ft. If healthy, he could be draft day steal as people may shy away from him.
• Anthony Swarzak will be out for a month after fracturing two ribs while “playing around and wrestling” at Twins Fest. Not much value in a pitcher whose career ERA (5.03) is almost the same as his K/9 (5.3).
• Chris Carpenter is almost certainly out for all of the 2013 and he may never pitch again. Michael Barr has covered the injury and the implications in St. Louis here at RotoGraphs a couple days ago.
Player Return Timetables
|Name||Injury||Injury/Surgery Date||Early Return Date||Later Return date||Status||Source(s)|
|Scott Baker||TJS||4/17/12||Start of Spring Training||Opening day||Throwing off mound||(1)|
|Brandon Beachy||TJS||6/21/12||Mid June||Mid June||Playing Catch||(1)|
|Jeremy Bonderman||TJS||04/24/12||Late March||Late March||Healthy||(1)|
|Andrew Cashner||Thumb laceration||1/25/13||May||May||Rest||(1)|
|Carl Crawford||TJS||8/23/12||Early April||Unknown||Throwing||(1)|
|Kyle Drabek||TJS||6/19/12||Mid Season||Mid Season||Unknown||(1)|
|Danny Duffy||TJS||6/13/12||Late May/Early June||All Star Game||Playing Catch||(1)|
|Neftali Feliz||TJS||8/1/12||July||August||Playing Catch||(1)|
|Corey Hart||Right knee surgery||1/26/13||Late April||Late May||Rest||(1)|
|Daniel Hudson||TJS||7/9/12||July||July||Playing Catch||(1)|
|Derek Jeter||Fractured Left Ankle||10/1/12||Late March||Late March||Fielding||(1)|
|Ryan Kalish||Shoulder Surgery||1/25/13||Early April||Unknown||Rest||(1)|
|Matt Kemp||Shoulder||8/1/12||Late March||Late March||Light Training||(1)|
|Francisco Liriano||Broken humerus||12/1/12||Early April||Late May||Rest||(1)|
|Ryan Madson||TJS||04/11/12||Late March||Late March||Throwing off mound||(1)|
|Brian McCann||Torn labrum||7/4/12||Opening Day||Mid April||Running and throwing||(1)|
|Logan Morrison||Knee||9/1/12||Late March||Late April||Light Training||(1)|
|Felipe Paulino||TJS||7/3/12||Early July||Early July||Unknown||(1)|
|Carl Pavano||Ruptured spleen||1/25/13||Late March||Mid April||Rest||(1)|
|Mike Pelfrey||TJS||05/01/12||Late March||Late March||Throwing||(1)|
|Michael Pineda||Shoulder Surgery||5/1/12||May||Early July||Rest||(1)|
|Alex Rodriguez||Hip surgery||1/16/13||Early July||2014 season||Rest||(1)|
|CC Sabathia||Bone Spur||10/1/12||Late March||Late March||Throwing||(1)|
|Joakim Soria||TJS||4/2/12||Late May||Early June||Playing Catch||(1)|
|Eric Surkamp||TJS||07/24/12||Late July||September||Unknown|
|Tsuyoshi Wada||TJS||05/11/12||Late March||Early July||Unknown||(1)(2)|
|Joe Wieland||TJS||07/27/12||Early August||August||Catch||(1)|
|Brian Wilson||TJS||4/19/12||Unknown||Unknown||Not ready to pitch||(1)|
Players Returning From Injury
Information will be added as it becomes available.
Players Playing Through Injuries
Here is the list of players who should exceed their power projections for 2013:
Ryan Zimmerman, Ryan Howard, Cameron Maybin, Trevor Plouffe, Justin Upton, Paul Konerko, Dustin Pedroia, Luke Scott, Matt Kemp, Joey Votto, Mike Moustakas, Pablo Sandoval, Carl Crawford, Giancarlo Stanton, Jacoby Ellsbury, Evan Longoria, and Troy Tulowitzki
Article printed from FanGraphs Fantasy Baseball: http://www.fangraphs.com/fantasy
URL to article: http://www.fangraphs.com/fantasy/mash-report-2713/
Copyright © 2009 FanGraphs Fantasy Baseball. All rights reserved.