My main goal over the season’s last few MASH reports is to keep a good list of players out for the season, but not officially on the DL. Besides the two DL lists at the bottom, I will look at a few players and updated PAIN and HURT reports.
• Tony Cingrani is out with back spasms. I could see the Reds experiment with him to find out if he is able to contribute in the post season. I would just stay away from him over the rest of the season.
• Ian Kinsler has mentioned he has an injury. Not knowing the full extent of the injury, it does seem to be affecting him. So far in September, he is hitting .217/.217/.283 with a 20% K% (twice his season average). If an owner has another option for 2B or MI, they may want to utilize it.
• Bryce Harper can’t talk about his injury. IMO, I think the Nationals just don’t want to deal with answering why they let him play hurt. The Nationals are again mishandling an injury situation which seems to be a constant theme with them.
• Felix Hernandez is going to miss a start. I have no problem with this decision. Sucks for his fantasy owners in heated end of season battles. He has always thrown a ton of innings. Seattle should not take the chance of their team’s top star getting hurt.
• Clay Buchholz‘s average fastball velocity was not great in his return.
Also, he only threw pitches in the strike zone 40% of the time. I don’t think he is 100%, but his 90% is better than the 100% of the Red Sox’s other options. I think he will continue to throw until the Red Sox lock up the AL East. Once 1st place is secure, I think he will rest.
HURT (Hitter’s Under-performance from Recent Trauma) Rankings (all hitter with at least 200 PA in 2013 and 600 PA from 2010 to 2012)
Any player with a HURT value over 100 (red) has the traits of a batter playing through an injury.
|Name||PAIN||PA (2010-2013)||PA (2013)|
PAIN (Pitcher Abuse INdex) Rankings (min 200 pitches in Sept and Aug, comparing August and September results to the rest of the 2013 season)
Any player with a PAIN value over 100 (red) has the traits of a pitcher likely to be hurt.
|Name||Pain||Velocity (Mar – July)||Zone% (Mar-July)||Velocity (Aug–Sep)||Zone% (Aug-Sep)|
No real movement at the top of the list, but some interesting names a little further down.
• Justin Masterson is seeing a large drop in velocity and will be sitting out a start or two.
Players on the DL
(*) 15 Day Disabled List
(**) 60 Day Disabled List
(***) 7 Day Concussion List
(****) Free Agent
Red colored entries are updates since last report.
Unofficial DL List
Official DL List
Print This Post