I wrote today’s Roto Riteup while on my knees, worshipping the idol known as Felix Hernandez.
• Felix Hernandez threw a perfect game yesterday afternoon against the Tampa Bay Rays. Felix’s stuff was spectacular, as he was absolutely toying with hitters and forcing them to bend to his will by cranking his fastball up to 95 MPH in the seventh inning of the ballgame and sporting a devastating breaking-ball and changeup. As if a perfect game wasn’t good enough, King Felix has a chance for another one when he goes up against the Cleveland Indians next week at Safeco Field.
Fun fact: I wrote the above note after Felix finished the seventh inning. It was clear to me that he was going to finish the job.
• Second on our list of very important things to talk about is Melky Cabrera testing positive for performance enhancing drugs. The fantasy implications are relatively obvious for Melky owners, as the outfielder will miss the remainder of the 2012 after apparently deciding not to appeal. Gregor Blanco will replace Melky in the lineup, and he’s an interesting get in OBP leagues due to his speed.
• Third on the list is Felix Hernandez. Because he’s the King, that’s why.
• Yesterday’s pick of Bud Norris as my Pitcher for Today really backfired, as the right-hander gave up a trio of homers before leaving in the middle of the fourth inning after his foot was blasted with a batted ball. I blame global warming.
• Oh yeah, and Felix Hernandez. Untouchable.
For those of you who play daily fantasy games like FanGraphs: The Game, or just like to stream players, here are a couple matchups you may be able to exploit.
A Pitcher for Today: Kris Medlen vs SDP
Medlen has been dynamite in the rotation, and it’s the Padres.
A Pitcher for Tomorrow: Felix Hernandez
Felix is going to start against tomorrow, because throwing his perfect game didn’t even faze him.