I wrote part of today’s Roto Riteup while in the office, and not on my lunch break. Such a rebel, I am. Oddly enough, today’s RR is a little abbreviated due to my overloaded work schedule.
• The NBA draft is today, so get ready to figure out who you want in your dynasty leagues. Wait, wrong website.
A ton of players got hurt during game action yesterday, so it’s a good time to round some of them up:
• Andy Pettitte was hit by a line drive off the bat of Casey Kotchman, and it turns out he fractured his ankle and will have to miss about two months of action. With C.C. Sabathia already on the DL, the Yankees will be looking to youngsters to fill the void left by the previously-retired left-hander. Adam Warren is scheduled to start tomorrow, but don’t be surprised if David Phelps is up and starting games in a little while.
• Andre Ethier is likely going to need a stint on the DL after injuring his left oblique while sliding into second base. Ethier hasn’t played 150 games since 2009, and he’s only reached that milestone twice in his career. Oblique injuries can be very tricky, so make sure that you plan on having Ethier wasting away on your DL for a good chunk of time.
• Brandon Phillips was on the receiving end of a forearm shiver, and while he left the game a few innings later, it sounds like he’ll be fine.
• Kevin Millwood may not be owned in standard leagues, but that didn’t stop him from hurting himself yesterday. Millwood injured his groin and couldn’t get through three innings of work. My starting pitcher in FanGraphs: The Game thanks you, Mr. Millwood. He thanks you very much.
For those of you who play daily fantasy games like FanGraphs: The Game, or just like to stream players, here are a couple matchups you may be able to exploit.
A Pitcher for Today: Trevor Bauer at ATL
Because why the not, is why. Bauer is just tons of fun to root for.
A Pitcher for Tomorrow: Ross Detwiler at ATL
I’m not trying to pick on the Braves. Honest.