Today is Thursday, and that means tomorrow is Friday, which means the day after tomorrow is Saturday. Feel free to daydream about the near future while reading today’s Roto Riteup.
Samuel Deduno and roto rotations
Deduno is getting major press recently for his impressive stint as a member of the WBC champion Dominican Republic. Deduno pitched to an ERA under 4.50 last year as a member of the Twins despite a FIP that scored over a full run higher. During the WBC, Deduno had an ERA below one to go along with an impressive 17/5 K/BB ratio, and his outstanding performance may have vaulted him into the Twins starting rotation. Even if the Twins believe in a new and improved Deduno doesn’t mean you should. Let some other owner waste a roster spot on the 29-year-old, regardless of league format.
Shaun Marcum’s already hurt
You heard that right, folks, the Mets’ right-hander is already experiencing injury problems. Marcum received a cortisone shot in his throwing shoulder. Marcum should still be effective when on the field, but no owner should be expecting more than 150 innings from the 31-year-old in any given year.
Tons of Projections
Over the past two weeks or so, I’ve been published a few of my fantasy projections each day, whether it be in the Roto Riteup or on Twitter. Since most of you will have already drafted after this weekend, I’m putting the pedal to the metal and giving you much more projections than usual.
• Sean Burnett, RP, LAA: 55 IP, 0 SV, 3.30 ERA, 1.27 WHIP, 43 K
• Max Scherzer, SP, DET: 195 IP, 15 W, 3.50 ERA, 1.25 WHIP, 206 K
• Dustin Pedroia, 2B, BOS: 18 HR, 100 R, 85 RBI, 20 SB, .290 BAVG
• Wade Davis, SP, KCR: 180 IP, 12 W, 4.00 ERA, 1.35 WHIP, 130 K
• Phil Coke, RP, DET: 55 IP, 5 SV, 3.90 ERA, 1.45 WHIP, 47 K
• Brett Jackson, OF, CHC: 9 HR, 35 R, 35 RBI, 8 SB, .220 BAVG
• Ryan Howard, 1B, PHI: 25 HR, 50 R, 75 RBI, 0 SB, .235 BAVG
• Rick Porcello, SP, DET: 180 IP, 9 W, 4.50 ERA, 1.50 WHIP, 110 K
• Peter Bourjos, OF, LAA: 14 HR, 65 R, 50 RBI, 16 SB, .260 BAVG
• Jared Burton, RP, MIN: 60 IP, 5 SV, 2.50 ERA, 1.10 WHIP, 47 K
• Trevor Plouffe, 3B/OF, MIN: 24 HR, 60 R, 60 RBI, 5 SB, .240 BAVG
• Casey Janssen, RP, TOR: 60 IP, 25 SV, 2.90 ERA, 1.17 WHIP, 57 K
• Chris Tillman, SP, BAL: 150 IP, 12 W, 4.00 ERA, 1.35 WHIP, 125 K
• Lonnie Chisenhall, 3B, CLE: 16 HR, 65 R, 65 RBI, 5 SB, .265 BAVG