- FanGraphs Fantasy Baseball - http://www.fangraphs.com/fantasy -
Roto Riteup: September 5, 2012
Posted By Zach Sanders On September 5, 2012 @ 7:15 am In Roto Riteup | No Comments
Roto Riteup in three, two, one…
• Do you all want to know why I love Brett Jackson? Because he plays like himself and never changes. In his first 100 plate appearances, Jackson has struck out 43 times and hit four homers. Jackson has also posted a .224 ISO, the exact same number he ended with at Triple-A this year. I am insanely curious as to how Jackson’s career will play out, because he’s a very strange player.
• The Miami Marlins are going to be rolling with a six-man rotation for the rest of the season. Wade LeBlanc will be the man moving into the rotation alongside Jacob Turner et al, and he started last night against the Brewers. While the Marlins rotation may not be the best in the world, taking away potential two-start weeks from head-to-head owners in the midst of the playoffs is a big deal. Be aware when you’re looking at two-start starters.
• Jorge De La Rosa is starting a rehab assignment, and I really wish it mattered. With the Rockies screwing with their pitching staff, De La Rosa’s value is going to be dead and gone. JDLR has had problems lasting long into games due to his control problems, so expecting more than four innings a start whilst the Rockies are in the midst of their policies is foolish.
• Adrian Gonzalez hasn’t had the immediate impact that owners were hoping for after a move back to the NL. Heading into Monday’s action, Gonzalez was hitting .211 with one homer in his first 38 plate appearances. I truly do feel sorry for NL-only owners who blew their wad on Gonzalez once he was added to their player universe, but hopefully he’ll give the Dodgers a boost down the stretch and reward owners everywhere.
• If you’re looking for a very cheap spot start tonight, look no further than Kevin Correia of the Pittsburgh Pirates. Correia may not be the greatest starter in the world, but he’s going up against the Houston Astros, and they are not a good team.
For those of you who play daily fantasy games like FanGraphs: The Game, or just like to stream players, here are a couple matchups you may be able to exploit.
A Pitcher for Today: Ryan Dempster at KC
Kansas City should remind Dempster of pitching in the NL.
A Pitcher for Tomorrow: Marco Estrada at MIA
There’s only five games on Thursday.
Article printed from FanGraphs Fantasy Baseball: http://www.fangraphs.com/fantasy
URL to article: http://www.fangraphs.com/fantasy/roto-riteup-september-5-2012/
Copyright © 2009 FanGraphs Fantasy Baseball. All rights reserved.