- FanGraphs Fantasy Baseball - http://www.fangraphs.com/fantasy -
The DL on the DL: March 18th
Posted By Zach Sanders On March 18, 2010 @ 7:00 am In Uncategorized | 6 Comments
- Huston Street will be starting the year on the DL, which isn’t a good sign for those of you who decided to select him as a keeper. He had problems with tightness in his shoulder over the past month, and had an MRI done yesterday. Street hasn’t had shoulder problems in the past, so this isn’t too much of a concern. Still, a closer with arm troubles is hard to judge, because missing a few weeks could mean losing their job. I doubt Street will lose his gig, but keep an eye on him.
- The big ball of power known as Mat Gamel has had a hard time recovering from a sore shoulder. Gamel entered spring hoping to win the third base job, but now I’d bet that Casey McGehee will start the year with the job. McGehee may not hit .300 again, but 15 homers and a .275 average are reasonable expectations. McGehee is eligible at second and third base, and is currently the 210th player off the board according to Mock Draft Central.
- A’s closer Andrew Bailey is going to sit out for a couple days due to elbow soreness. Bailey’s rookie campaign was helped by a .234 BABIP against, but his strong strikeout and walk numbers should translate over to 2010.
- Dustin McGowan pitched two innings in a simulated game this week, and the Jays still don’t have a timetable for his return. McGowan had a good 2007 and a decent 2008, but since his progress has been slow he is no longer draftable even in the deepest of leagues with a DL spot.
- Placido Polanco suffered a sprained right knee earlier in the week, and he hopes to return to action tomorrow.
- Rick Ankiel‘s ankle is starting to become a legitimate concern for the Royals, and he isn’t likely to play until Sunday, at the earliest.
Article printed from FanGraphs Fantasy Baseball: http://www.fangraphs.com/fantasy
URL to article: http://www.fangraphs.com/fantasy/the-dl-on-the-dl-march-18th/
Copyright © 2009 FanGraphs Fantasy Baseball. All rights reserved.