- NotGraphs Baseball - http://www.fangraphs.com/not -
Alternative Uses for $162 Million
Posted By Zach Sanders On March 21, 2012 @ 5:36 pm In True Facts | 4 Comments
The Mets’ ownership recently settled the infamous Bernie Madoff-related lawsuit for a reported $162 million. That money could have gone to much better uses, such as charities; or, better yet, the items listed below:
• 3.6 million: clipboards made of body armor.
• 1.62 million: buckets of baseballs
• 269,550: shares of Apple, Inc.
• 27,000: of these $6,000 toilets that include a touchscreen remote control and feet warmer.
• 6.37: seasons of Albert Pujols.
• 3.14159265: Cistullis.
• 1: episode’s worth of FCC fines accrued by Dayn Perry on FanGraphs Audio.
Oh, and a partridge in a pear tree.
Article printed from NotGraphs Baseball: http://www.fangraphs.com/not
URL to article: http://www.fangraphs.com/not/alternative-uses-for-162-million/
Copyright © 2011 NotGraphs Baseball. All rights reserved.