- NotGraphs Baseball - http://www.fangraphs.com/not -
I Am Not Brian Wilson
Posted By Bradley Woodrum On June 4, 2012 @ 8:00 am In A Picture and the Amount of Words It's Worth,Investigative Reporting Investigation Team | 6 Comments
On Sunday afternoon, scheduling peculiarities resulted in me missing my fast-pitch baseball game on the south side of Chicago and instead helping out in a slow-pitch softball game for a friend on the slightly-less-south side of Chicago. During the second game of the doubleheader, a slew of little league kids appeared, waiting to take the field from us.
Upon seeing me, many of the tykes began chanting: “Brian. Wilson.” Clapclap, clapclapclap.
This is why:
But I am not, in fact, Brian Wilson, though my face proteins may resemble his. Let us examine the differences:
1) Though the preceding image — which compares my Facebook photo with Brian Wilson’s file photo — makes our beards seem quite similar, mine is in fact quite brown while his is quite black.
2) And there is this matter:
3) And the matter of personal associations:
4) And this horrible matter:
5) And lastly, I am like TOTALLY five years younger than Wilson.
Which brings me to my final topic: The ladies at the game — OH LADIES *a rolling of eyes* — thought those tykes were cheering for the Beach Boys singer, not me, the bearded second baseman. Women!
Article printed from NotGraphs Baseball: http://www.fangraphs.com/not
URL to article: http://www.fangraphs.com/not/i-am-not-brian-wilson/
Copyright © 2011 NotGraphs Baseball. All rights reserved.