- NotGraphs Baseball - http://www.fangraphs.com/not -
Make a Million Bucks, The Hard Way
Posted By Leo Martin On January 10, 2011 @ 8:30 am In Uncategorized | 4 Comments
This specific pile of money could be yours.
Remember how last year the company that made the baseball video game “MLB 2K10″ gave $1,000,000 to the first guy to pitch a perfecto in the game? And how this generated publicity?
Well I guess it generated >=$1M worth of publicity, because 2K Sports is running basically the same promotion for this year’s “MLB 2K11.”
I might just feel this way because I’m the restless, maverick, pioneer-vagabond-trailblazer type, but wouldn’t it be cooler if the $1M accomplishment were switched up for 2011?
There must be hundreds of tough goals besides “perfect game” that could decide which unhealthily dedicated gamer gets a huge nonsensical windfall. For example, 2K Sports could give $1M to the first person to:
• Hit an inside-the-park home run with Pablo Sandoval
• Win the NL East in season mode using not-the-Phillies
• Pitch a perfect game with virtual Jim Joyce as part of the umpiring crew (snap!)
• Prevent Adrian Gonzalez from doubling off the virtual Green Monster for a whole game (good freahkin’ luck! Go Sox!)
Article printed from NotGraphs Baseball: http://www.fangraphs.com/not
URL to article: http://www.fangraphs.com/not/make-a-million-bucks-the-hard-way/
Copyright © 2011 NotGraphs Baseball. All rights reserved.