- NotGraphs Baseball - http://www.fangraphs.com/not -
More Slow-Motion Footage of Kenley Jansen’s Cutter
Posted By Carson Cistulli On May 1, 2012 @ 11:32 am In Hot GIF Action | 6 Comments
This is slow-motion footage (courtesy Fox Sports Prime Ticket) from this past Sunday of Kenley Jansen‘s ninth inning cut fastball to Xavier Nady, a pitch on which he (i.e. Jansen) struck him (i.e. Nady) out.
Regarding the feeling that said footage inspires in your bosom, to what degree does it (i.e. that feeling) possess the following four characteristics of a mystical state, as defined by William James in The Varieties of Religious Experience (text from Wikipedia)?
• Transient — the experience is temporary; the individual soon returns to a “normal” frame of mind. It is outside our normal perception of space and time.
• Ineffable — the experience cannot be adequately put into words.
• Noetic — the individual feels that he or she has learned something valuable from the experience. Gives us knowledge that is normally hidden from human understanding.
• Passive — the experience happens to the individual, largely without conscious control. Although there are activities, such as meditation, that can make religious experience more likely, it is not something that can be turned on and off at will.
Article printed from NotGraphs Baseball: http://www.fangraphs.com/not
URL to article: http://www.fangraphs.com/not/more-slow-motion-footage-of-kenley-jansens-cutter/
Copyright © 2011 NotGraphs Baseball. All rights reserved.