- NotGraphs Baseball - http://www.fangraphs.com/not -
Ranking the MiLB.TV Cameras: Triple-A Pacific Coast League
Posted By Carson Cistulli On April 24, 2013 @ 4:21 pm In Lists and Rankings | No Comments
Yesterday, in these electronic pages, the author published a catalog and ranking of all the main cameras from each International League club’s MiLB.TV feed. What follows is a similar exercise, except for the Pacific Coast League. Posts for the remaining minor leagues will follow in subsequent days.
Note that each club’s main (usually center-field) camera has been evaluated according to three criteria, as follows:
In which more central and lower is generally preferred.
In which closer up and not longer is generally preferred.
In which a higher resolution, nicer graphics, etc., are generally preferred.
The cameras are ranked as follows: the bottom three, the top three, and then the rest. Some brief notes follow the collection of screenshots.
15. Las Vegas 51s (New York Mets)
14. New Orleans Zephyrs (Miami Marlins)
13. Oklahoma City Redhawks (Houston Astros)
3. Memphis Red Birds (St. Louis Cardinals)
2. Sacramento River Cats (Oakland Athletics)
1. Reno Aces (Arizona Diamondbacks)
The Rest (Alphabetical Order)
Albuquerque Isotopes (Los Angeles Dodgers)
Colorado Springs Sky Sox (Colorado Rockies)
Fresno Grizzlies (San Francisco Giants)
Iowa Cubs (Chicago Cubs)
Nashville Sounds (Milwaukee Brewers)
Omaha Storm Chasers (Kansas City Royals)
Round Rock Express (Texas Rangers)
Salt Lake Bees (Los Angeles Angels)
Tacoma Rainiers (Seattle Mariners)
• While there are 16 teams in the Pacific Coast League, only 15 cameras are included here. So far as the author can tell, there has been no feed available yet this season for Padres affiliate Tucson.
• One feed (Sacramento) offers a wider feed than the others, 640 pixels as opposed to 480. Another (Omaha) has a smaller feed — just 315 pixels tall, as opposed to 360. All other feeds are 480 by 360 pixels.
• While only one International League club (Charlotte) lacked a center-field camera, here we find five clubs (Iowa, Las Vegas, Nashville, New Orleans, and Oklahoma City) without one.
Article printed from NotGraphs Baseball: http://www.fangraphs.com/not
URL to article: http://www.fangraphs.com/not/ranking-the-milb-tv-cameras-triple-a-pacific-coast-league/
Copyright © 2011 NotGraphs Baseball. All rights reserved.