While everyone else here NotGraphs is hopping on the Bold Prediction Bandwagon, I’m going to push the envelope by proffering to readers Ten Old Predictions, which is bold in its own right, I think.
Also, in case you didn’t notice, old rhymes with bold, ya see.
- Carl Crawford will win Comeback Player of the Year.
- Jose Reyes, Josh Johnson, Mark Buehrle, and Emilio Bonifacio will lead their team to a division title.
- The Houston Astros will fail to win 60 games.
- Matt Wieters will be the best offensive catcher in the league.
- Spending spree in Los Angeles will be followed up by a disappointing season.
- Ryan Braun will beat his PED charges.
- New place, new faces won’t be enough to raise attendance in Miami.
- Yuniesky Betancourt will fall into significant playing time with a Major League club.
- I will eat a burrito for lunch.
- FanGraphs will acquire an excellent baseball website to add to its team.