Vicente Lupo, the Mets prospect pictured in the right part of this picture, is exhibiting considerable emotion. Is it because:
- He realized only after waiting in line at the DMV that he’d neglected to bring either his checkbook or the requisite amount of cash to renew his license; or
- His parents just related, in unnecessarily graphic detail, the circumstances leading to his conception; or
- He accidentally read a James Joyce novel; or
- His hands, which are transplants from a deceased murderer, are attempting to strangle him; or
- His hands, which are transplants from a deceased murderer, smell terrible?
Note, of course, that there’s no correct answer. Indeed, there’s no answer at all. All human endeavor continues to be an exercise in futility.
Credit to handsome entrepreneur Jeffrey Paternostro for bringing this image to the author’s attention.
Print This Post