- Adam Eaton Is Up to Something
Pardon me; I don't mean to interrupt your afternoon. If you're here, though, you might well be a bit curious about Adam Eaton. Which is good, because I am, too! To get started, you know those player
- Adam Eaton's Year for the Ages
, and because I need material to write about. Therefore! Take a look at Adam Eaton's player page. There's something kind of weird that might jump out to you. Eaton as a regular last year was worth 3.6
- Adam Eaton And Unintended Consequences
Before a game against the Giants, I talked to the Diamondbacks' outfielder Adam Eaton about the first pitch and patience. That conversation may have had some unintended consequences.
- How Good of a Defender is Adam Eaton?
. Clearly, Jose Quintana is a borderline star-level player. And then there's Adam Eaton. Eaton, unquestionably, is a part of the core. But how valuable he is depends on where you're looking.
- Adam Eaton, Healthy and Scoring Runs
It seems so long ago now, but Diamondbacks outfielder Adam Eaton was hyped as a pretty nice sleeper headed into the season. Eaton collected 198 hits and 44 steals to go with a .456 OBP between Double
- Q&A: Adam Eaton, D'Backs Outfielder
Adam Eaton came off the disabled list on Tuesday, which is good news for the surprising Arizona Diamondbacks. It is also apropos. The two are a perfect fit. Few expected the D-Backs to be leading
- Let's Watch Adam Eaton Save 12 Runs
this point. All in all, Harper's offensive performance to date has been worth nine runs above average.
Adam Eaton's been better. Not with the bat -- Eaton's just putting up his typical 117 wRC+ again
- A Little More Butt: In Praise of Adam Eaton
Paul Coro of azcentral sports recently reported on Diamondbacks outfielder Adam Eaton's eight-month-long struggle with hives. Eaton himself surmises that the excessive sweating caused by the hives
- Eaton and Chen
The Phillies released Adam Eaton (finally) after two abysmal seasons in red pinstripes. Unfortunately he still had another quite lucrative year on the deal making it impossible to unload the flailing
- Adam Eaton Has Been Baseball's Quietest Superstar
, but is making the case to be tossed into the "star" category. I'm talking about Adam Eaton, who, going back a whole year now, has quietly been one of baseball's very best players.
We talk a lot about
- Compare and Contrast: Adam Eaton vs. Robin Hood
page -- is of Diamondbacks outfielder Adam Eaton and his Intended astride a pair of horses. The image on the right is of Russell Crowe and Cate Blanchett -- also totally riding horses -- in the roles
- An Attempt at Figuring Out Carlos Correa, Plus a Pollock Update
their way into consideration.
Adam Eaton - A hot streak from Eaton moved him past my criteria for double-digit steals and home runs, and ZiPS now projects 12 home runs and 19 steals on the season. Oh
- 12 Players Who Were Better Than You Might Think
total jump last year’s by 44. He’s helped impressively everywhere, like a slightly watered down A.J. Pollock.
Outfield: Adam Eaton
- White Sox Add Adam Eaton to Long-Term Plan
When the White Sox signed Adam Eaton to a five-year, $23.5 extension over the weekend, the move in and of itself, wasn’t huge news. It wasn’t huge money, and Eaton isn’t a huge player, literally
- Saunders and the Gang: Late Value in the Outfield
average. Steamer and ZiPS expect less, but he should provide at least five home runs and approach 15 steals. The Fan Projections is awfully close to what Adam Eaton provides, at a discount of roughly 100
- Hank Conger, Fernando Martinez, Adam Eaton: Mining the Minors
doesn't make his return to the majors by mid-June.
POTENTIAL FANTASY ROLE: OF5 in NL-only 12-team leagues
Adam Eaton, D-backs OF
MILB LEVEL: Triple
- The Daily Grind: Eaton, Buehrle, Cravy
outfielder Adam Eaton was a regular guest of this column. Then fantasy owners finally caught on to his success, and he was no longer eligible for mention. He's getting the job done with increased power
- The Daily Grind: Hernandez, Conger, Eaton
Alonso, Andre Ethier, Pedro Alvarez, Danny Valencia
Hitters (speed): It might be time to switch Adam Eaton out of the speed category. I'm half kidding, but he's shown surprising pop recently. Over
- Field of Streams: Episode 170 - Featuring Yancy Eaton
Episode 170 - Featuring Yancy Eaton
The latest episode of “Field of Streams” is live!
In this episode, Dylan Higgins and Matthew Dewoskin are joined by Yancy Eaton to discuss Matt's sandwich
- Eaton & Bourgeois: Deep League Waiver Wire
, these are your guys.
Adam Eaton | ARZ OF | CBS 11% Owned
Eaton has been playing regularly for the D-Backs while Chris Young has been mending, and now that Young has aggravated his quad injury
- Adam McFadden's 10 Bold Predictions
- The Daily Grind: Eaton, Salazar, Chi-Chi
Farnsworth on Eaton
Daily DFS - Salazar, Heaney
GB / FB Splits
Tomorrow's Targets - ERod, Chi-Chi, Kike, Miller
1. Farnsworth on Eaton
Adam Eaton is a player
- Reviewing Adam McFadden's Bold Predictions for 2015
- Sunday Notes: Eaton's Pop, Rules, Brewers, Cubs, more
It's not entirely surprising that Adam Eaton has nine home runs. The White Sox outfielder used to be a three-hole hitter with passable power. He homered 24 times in 434 at bats over his final two
- Sunday Notes: Eaton, Liriano, Cueto, Cubs, Postseason Pressure, more
Adam Eaton had an excellent defensive season in right field for the White Sox. The 27-year-old former centerfielder had 20 Defensive Runs Saved, the third most of any outfielder. His 22.1 UZR
- Psychological Safety and the Adam LaRoche Saga
Sox in 2015, and had already been a mainstay at the spring training facility in 2016.
Many of the White Sox players, including stars like Chris Sale and Adam Eaton, have publicly displayed
- Assessing a Potential Adam LaRoche Grievance
son could accompany him to games. For instance, on Friday, White Sox union representative Adam Eaton told the media that LaRoche's contract with the team did in fact include a provision regarding his
- Strikeout Stabilization: What Did We Learn In the First Month?
by this point.
Adam LaRoche (37.8) - Striking out this much through the first month isn’t a brand new thing for LaRoche. While he didn’t approach this strikeout rate at any point last season, he lugged
- A Closer Look At Six Hitters Off To Unique Starts
to his career mark. He also occupies a favorable position in a decent lineup. Selling high is fine, but I don't think fantasy owners should feel the need to scramble and sell him for scraps.
- Javier Baez and Risk in the Middle Infield
+ last year.
This isn’t to diminish the batting average risk Baez poses. Adam Dunn was the most extreme player who fits into that above group when he put up a wRC+ of 115 while striking out 34.2
- Reconsidering Brett Lawrie and Justin Smoak, Again
with his power has been a tendency to hit a lot of ground balls. While that means he doesn’t fit in with the typical power-hitter profile, he can still develop into a strong power source. Adam Jones
- Who is the Safest Hitter in the First Round?
with his massive power in 2014. He also swung and missed at pitches more often than almost anyone in baseball. That doesn’t necessarily mean he’ll strike out a ton or won’t hit for average. Adam Jones
- When Do Stars Become Scrubs?
- The Chicago Cubs Infield: Things Will Get Interesting
- Carlos Gonzalez and Risk in the Outfield
- The Arizona Infield: Goldschmidt and the Gang
- Picking Non-Obvious League Hitting Leaders
- Five Interesting Things from the First Five Days
- Who’s Seen the Most Left-Handers and What Does It Mean?
- Catching Up With Starling Marte and Joey Votto
- Walk Rate Stabilization: Holy Crap Bryce Harper and More
- Notes on Splits: Is This the Brandon Belt We've Been Waiting For?
- The Curious Case of the Elite Fantasy Shortstop
- Revisiting Second Base Rankings
- Looking Back, and Forward: The Top 10 Players for the Rest of the Season
- What to do With a Few Potential Disappointments From the Early Rounds
- Revisiting and Revising Bold Predictions
- The Biggest Value Gainers From the First Half
- Finding Next Season's A.J. Pollock
- They’re Not Flashy, But These Guys Just Might Help You Win
- Valuing the Young Guys: Buxton, Seager, Gallo and More
- Chris Davis, Possibly Lingering Injuries and Looking Ahead
- Bargain Hunting For Speed and Power
- 13 Predictions for the Rest of the Season
- Fun and Games with Extrapolating Stats
- An Overview of Prospect Production by Minor League Plate Appearances