- Adam Eaton's Defensive Numbers Keep Getting Even Crazier
In 2017, I am probably more interested in Adam Eaton than I am any other player in baseball. As the centerpiece of a controversial blockbuster, coming off a monster season where a lot of his value
- Batted Balls and Adam Eaton's Throwing Arm
Adam Eaton, he of 6 WAR, is now on the Nationals and there is a lot of discussion happening regarding that. It would seem that maybe 2 - 3 of those WAR wins are attributable to his robust defensive
- Comparing the Dexter Fowler and Adam Eaton Decisions
Last Wednesday, the Nationals solved their center field problem by trading several of their best pitching prospects to the Chicago White Sox in exchange for Adam Eaton. Last Friday, the Cardinals
- Fantasy Implications: Davis, Soler, Chapman, Eaton, Giolito
, we’re really only focused on the current year. Chapman is a lockdown top-3 reliever and likely the #1 for a lot of folks.
White Sox trade Adam Eaton to Nationals for Lucas Giolito, Reynaldo Lopez
- Projecting the Prospects in the Adam Eaton Trade
Just one day after they dealt away Chris Sale for an impressive crop of young talent, the White Sox continued their tear-down yesterday by flipping Adam Eaton for another nice haul. This time
- Scouting the White Sox' Return for Adam Eaton
The White Sox continued adding to their suddenly robust farm system yesterday, acquiring a trio of pitching prospects from Washington in exchange for star outfielder Adam Eaton. Below are my scouting
- Maybe Adam Eaton Should Stay in Right Field
So the Nationals now have Adam Eaton. Adam Eaton is really good! Last year, after moving to right field, Adam Eaton put up a +6 WAR season, thanks to his defensive ratings going through the roof
- Adam Eaton Is the Nationals' Newest Star Player
office quickly turned to Adam Eaton. You could think of Eaton as being the Nationals' Plan C, and he's not so sexy a splash as the others. And yet he's good, incredibly good, arguably even McCutchen
- Nationals Land Adam Eaton, Quiet Star
A day after the Nationals failed to send a bunch of talent to Chicago for Chris Sale, the Nationals have reportedly agreed to send a bunch of talent to Chicago for Adam Eaton.
- Sunday Notes: Eaton, Liriano, Cueto, Cubs, Postseason Pressure, more
Adam Eaton had an excellent defensive season in right field for the White Sox. The 27-year-old former centerfielder had 20 Defensive Runs Saved, the third most of any outfielder. His 22.1 UZR
- Adam Eaton's Year for the Ages
, and because I need material to write about. Therefore! Take a look at Adam Eaton's player page. There's something kind of weird that might jump out to you. Eaton as a regular last year was worth 3.6
- Field of Streams: Episode 170 - Featuring Yancy Eaton
Episode 170 - Featuring Yancy Eaton
The latest episode of “Field of Streams” is live!
In this episode, Dylan Higgins and Matthew Dewoskin are joined by Yancy Eaton to discuss Matt's sandwich
- Adam Eaton Has Been Baseball's Quietest Superstar
, but is making the case to be tossed into the "star" category. I'm talking about Adam Eaton, who, going back a whole year now, has quietly been one of baseball's very best players.
We talk a lot about
- Let's Watch Adam Eaton Save 12 Runs
this point. All in all, Harper's offensive performance to date has been worth nine runs above average.
Adam Eaton's been better. Not with the bat -- Eaton's just putting up his typical 117 wRC+ again
- Psychological Safety and the Adam LaRoche Saga
Sox in 2015, and had already been a mainstay at the spring training facility in 2016.
Many of the White Sox players, including stars like Chris Sale and Adam Eaton, have publicly displayed
- Assessing a Potential Adam LaRoche Grievance
son could accompany him to games. For instance, on Friday, White Sox union representative Adam Eaton told the media that LaRoche's contract with the team did in fact include a provision regarding his
- Reviewing Adam McFadden's Bold Predictions for 2015
- 12 Players Who Were Better Than You Might Think
total jump last year’s by 44. He’s helped impressively everywhere, like a slightly watered down A.J. Pollock.
Outfield: Adam Eaton
- Fun and Games with Extrapolating Stats
- 13 Predictions for the Rest of the Season
- Bargain Hunting For Speed and Power
- Chris Davis, Possibly Lingering Injuries and Looking Ahead
- Valuing the Young Guys: Buxton, Seager, Gallo and More
- The Daily Grind: Eaton, Salazar, Chi-Chi
Farnsworth on Eaton
Daily DFS - Salazar, Heaney
GB / FB Splits
Tomorrow's Targets - ERod, Chi-Chi, Kike, Miller
1. Farnsworth on Eaton
Adam Eaton is a player
- Sunday Notes: Eaton's Pop, Rules, Brewers, Cubs, more
It's not entirely surprising that Adam Eaton has nine home runs. The White Sox outfielder used to be a three-hole hitter with passable power. He homered 24 times in 434 at bats over his final two
- They’re Not Flashy, But These Guys Just Might Help You Win
- An Overview of Prospect Production by Minor League Plate Appearances
- The Daily Grind: Eaton, Buehrle, Cravy
outfielder Adam Eaton was a regular guest of this column. Then fantasy owners finally caught on to his success, and he was no longer eligible for mention. He's getting the job done with increased power
- Adam Eaton Is Up to Something
Pardon me; I don't mean to interrupt your afternoon. If you're here, though, you might well be a bit curious about Adam Eaton. Which is good, because I am, too! To get started, you know those player
- An Attempt at Figuring Out Carlos Correa, Plus a Pollock Update
their way into consideration.
Adam Eaton - A hot streak from Eaton moved him past my criteria for double-digit steals and home runs, and ZiPS now projects 12 home runs and 19 steals on the season. Oh
- Finding Next Season's A.J. Pollock
- The Daily Grind: Hernandez, Conger, Eaton
Alonso, Andre Ethier, Pedro Alvarez, Danny Valencia
Hitters (speed): It might be time to switch Adam Eaton out of the speed category. I'm half kidding, but he's shown surprising pop recently. Over
- The Biggest Value Gainers From the First Half
- Revisiting and Revising Bold Predictions
- What to do With a Few Potential Disappointments From the Early Rounds
- Looking Back, and Forward: The Top 10 Players for the Rest of the Season
- Revisiting Second Base Rankings
- The Curious Case of the Elite Fantasy Shortstop
- Notes on Splits: Is This the Brandon Belt We've Been Waiting For?
- A Closer Look At Six Hitters Off To Unique Starts
to his career mark. He also occupies a favorable position in a decent lineup. Selling high is fine, but I don't think fantasy owners should feel the need to scramble and sell him for scraps.
- Walk Rate Stabilization: Holy Crap Bryce Harper and More
- Strikeout Stabilization: What Did We Learn In the First Month?
by this point.
Adam LaRoche (37.8) - Striking out this much through the first month isn’t a brand new thing for LaRoche. While he didn’t approach this strikeout rate at any point last season, he lugged
- When Do Stars Become Scrubs?
- Catching Up With Starling Marte and Joey Votto
- Who’s Seen the Most Left-Handers and What Does It Mean?
- Five Interesting Things from the First Five Days
- Picking Non-Obvious League Hitting Leaders
- Saunders and the Gang: Late Value in the Outfield
average. Steamer and ZiPS expect less, but he should provide at least five home runs and approach 15 steals. The Fan Projections is awfully close to what Adam Eaton provides, at a discount of roughly 100
- White Sox Add Adam Eaton to Long-Term Plan
When the White Sox signed Adam Eaton to a five-year, $23.5 extension over the weekend, the move in and of itself, wasn’t huge news. It wasn’t huge money, and Eaton isn’t a huge player, literally
- Adam McFadden's 10 Bold Predictions
- Reconsidering Brett Lawrie and Justin Smoak, Again
with his power has been a tendency to hit a lot of ground balls. While that means he doesn’t fit in with the typical power-hitter profile, he can still develop into a strong power source. Adam Jones
- Javier Baez and Risk in the Middle Infield
+ last year.
This isn’t to diminish the batting average risk Baez poses. Adam Dunn was the most extreme player who fits into that above group when he put up a wRC+ of 115 while striking out 34.2
- Who is the Safest Hitter in the First Round?
with his massive power in 2014. He also swung and missed at pitches more often than almost anyone in baseball. That doesn’t necessarily mean he’ll strike out a ton or won’t hit for average. Adam Jones
- The Arizona Infield: Goldschmidt and the Gang
- The Chicago Cubs Infield: Things Will Get Interesting
- Carlos Gonzalez and Risk in the Outfield
- How Good of a Defender is Adam Eaton?
. Clearly, Jose Quintana is a borderline star-level player. And then there's Adam Eaton. Eaton, unquestionably, is a part of the core. But how valuable he is depends on where you're looking.
- Adam Eaton And Unintended Consequences
Before a game against the Giants, I talked to the Diamondbacks' outfielder Adam Eaton about the first pitch and patience. That conversation may have had some unintended consequences.
- Adam Eaton, Healthy and Scoring Runs
It seems so long ago now, but Diamondbacks outfielder Adam Eaton was hyped as a pretty nice sleeper headed into the season. Eaton collected 198 hits and 44 steals to go with a .456 OBP between Double
- A Little More Butt: In Praise of Adam Eaton
Paul Coro of azcentral sports recently reported on Diamondbacks outfielder Adam Eaton's eight-month-long struggle with hives. Eaton himself surmises that the excessive sweating caused by the hives
- Q&A: Adam Eaton, D'Backs Outfielder
Adam Eaton came off the disabled list on Tuesday, which is good news for the surprising Arizona Diamondbacks. It is also apropos. The two are a perfect fit. Few expected the D-Backs to be leading
- Compare and Contrast: Adam Eaton vs. Robin Hood
page -- is of Diamondbacks outfielder Adam Eaton and his Intended astride a pair of horses. The image on the right is of Russell Crowe and Cate Blanchett -- also totally riding horses -- in the roles
- Eaton & Bourgeois: Deep League Waiver Wire
, these are your guys.
Adam Eaton | ARZ OF | CBS 11% Owned
Eaton has been playing regularly for the D-Backs while Chris Young has been mending, and now that Young has aggravated his quad injury
- Hank Conger, Fernando Martinez, Adam Eaton: Mining the Minors
doesn't make his return to the majors by mid-June.
POTENTIAL FANTASY ROLE: OF5 in NL-only 12-team leagues
Adam Eaton, D-backs OF
MILB LEVEL: Triple
- Eaton and Chen
The Phillies released Adam Eaton (finally) after two abysmal seasons in red pinstripes. Unfortunately he still had another quite lucrative year on the deal making it impossible to unload the flailing