- The Park Effect: Ignore Minnesota's Korean Slugger at Your Peril
- The Daily Grind: Final Trades, Ross, Garcia
Final Deadline Deals
Daily DFS - Ross, Nola
GB / FB Splits
Tomorrow's Targets - Garcia, Flande, Lamb, Holt
1. Final Deadline Deals
There were many deadline
- Confounding: Are the Rockies Rebuilding?
- The Rockies’ One Through Eight: the Small Successes and Failures of Lineup Construction
- A Hall of Fame Moment, Parsed and in Context
- Projecting the Prospects in the Andrew Cashner Trade
- Updating Hitter xISO and Second-Half Predictions
spotty injury history, I'm nervous about the second half.
Andrew McCutchen: ISO = .165, xISO = .233
Now, 'Cutch is hitting more popups this year than last year, which
- A New Hitter xISO, Now with Exit Velocity
. Perhaps not surprisingly, I’ll be mostly using it for fantasy. Dedicated FanGraphs readers will also note that Andrew Perpetua has been doing work with Statcast data on “these electronic pages
- Strong Spring Moves Donnie Dewees Into Top Few Rounds
- Missouri State Righty Jon Harris Shows First Round Ability
- xOBA and Using Statcast Data To Measure Offense
- A New BABIP for a Statcast Era
- What exactly do launch angles mean, anyway?
- Eight Players Under Performing their xOBA
- Five batters who are outperforming their xOBA.
- Fitting Running Speed into xOBA and xBABIP.
- A look into the new Marlins Park dimensions.
- Statcast FIP: Estimate The Home Runs
- Cameron Rupp Has Been Red Hot
- Howie Kendrick's Atypical First Half
- Four Yankee Batters Ready to Regress
- A lesson I Learned This Week About Statcast
- Can Statcast Tell Us What is Stranding the Mets?
- Using Statcast and xStats To Value Pitches
- Evaluating Hard and Soft Hit Balls Using Statcast
- Can Extremely Poorly Hit Balls And FIP Blend?
- Harper, Heyward, and Bruce: What Can We Expect From Them?
- Could A High BABIP Be A Sign of Good Pitching?
- Spin Rates, Swinging Strikes, and an xSwStrk Stat.
- 2016's Increases in Batted Ball Distances, HR%, and SLG
- Is Delmon Young About to Break Out?
- Why I Don't Use FIP
- The A's Declining Offense
- Pitches Seen: Baseball's Boring Inefficiency
- The Search for a Good Approach
- Complete Outfield Dimensions
- Juan Nicasio and Andrew Oliver: Mining the Minors
. And Jaime Garcia. At Coors Field. Even if Matt Holliday (quad) isn't back yet, that's a true welcome-to-the-majors setting. If he gets knocked around a bit, it will only increase the already strong
- Freddy Garcia Is Staying Alive
Rare is it when a pitcher’s ERA, FIP, and xFIP are in a state of complete accord. Nearly as rare is Freddy Garcia pitching more than 100 innings in any given season during these twilight years of his
- Cardinals Extend Jaime Garcia
The St. Louis Cardinals moved today to lock up one of their important young pieces, signing pitcher and potential ace-in-the-making Jaime Garcia to a four year contract worth $27.5 million. The deal
- Keeper Question: Jaime Garcia
Garcia missed most of the 2009 season after undergoing the procedure following the 2008 season. In his first full season back, Garcia not only pitched quite well, he did so in the majors, having
- Forgotten: Lefty Jaime Garcia
Cardinals left hander Jaime Garcia almost opted for professional baseball in his native country of Mexico in 2005. But area scout Joe Almaraz convinced Garcia to sign with the St. Louis
- Spoiler Alert: It's Garcia Time
is handing the ball to Freddy Garcia, former Mariners and White Sox great, who won a ring with the White Sox in 2005.
Garcia spent last season with the Phillies, though most of it was not actually
- Avisail Garcia's Uncomfortable Situation
Look at the rumors for the White Sox. They concern a certain part of the team. Though the club is ostensibly starting Melky Cabrera, Adam Eaton, and Avisail Garcia in the outfield, they're supposedly
- Jaime Garcia: The Groundball Machine
What do you think is higher: seasons played by or DL stints for Jaime Garcia? That’s probably an easy one. What about Garcia’s innings v. DL stints? I’ll tell you that he has thrown 660 innings
- Freddy Garcia: Value in Pinstripes?
Freddy Garcia did not even make our initial AL starting pitcher rankings. After a strong start to the season, at least on the surface, in a month's worth of work, the question is whether this old
- Bourgeois & Garcia: Waiver Wire
like the elite baserunners, he's going to help your team.
Freddy Garcia | SP | Yankees | Ownership: 29% Yahoo!, 45.7%
The Yankees decided not to blow their prospect wad on a starting pitcher
- Spotted: Karim Garcia Homering Importantly
major-leaguer Karim Garcia, currently of Mexican club Yaquis de Obregón.
In tonight's edition, we find a another grainy daguerreotype -- in this case, not of Garcia being walked intentionally
- Jaime Garcia's Return Key for Cardinals
Eleven innings after his departure Jaime Garcia's return to the Cardinals' rotation was buried by the absurdity of one of the season's longest games. After battling back from one run down in the 16th
- Freddy Garcia and the Value of Broken Starters
From 2001 to 2006, Freddy Garcia posted six consecutive seasons with 200 or more innings pitched, and while he wasn't an ace, he was an above average durable starting pitcher. That skillset helped
- Jaime Garcia Is the New Adam Wainwright
was a perfectly reasonable projection.
Perfectly reasonable until we realize that Jaime Garcia is the new Adam Wainwright.
As Garcia climbed the minor league ranks, he seemed to have some potential
- Turning to Freddy Garcia With the Season on the Line
Clayton Kershaw again, so, yeah, this isn't a great situation -- and are turning to Freddy Garcia in this win-or-go-home game. Yes, the Freddy Garcia who turned 37 yesterday, and has had a season
- Luck and Skill Converging for Jaime Garcia
If not for Ubaldo Jimenez's continued dominance, Jaime Garcia might be the big story of the National League right now. Garcia pitched six shutout innings last night, holding the Padres to just three
- I Don't Get It: Avisail Garcia
. That extends to congratulating others on "good" picks. Avisail Garcia is one player who always garners a pat on the back. If you can't tell, I don't understand the love. I'd like to. I'm open
- Spotted: Karim Garcia on First Base
First, Karim Garcia was Baseball America's seventh-overall prospect. Then, he played on at least 11 different teams in at least four different countries. Then he hit a single in the bottom
- NLCS Scouting: Greinke vs. Garcia
Why, hello to you too.
Toinght, 8:10pm: Zack Greinke vs. Jaime Garcia.
Zack Greinke (3.83 ERA, 2.66 SIERA)
Greinke has spawned a Twitter war this afternoon, as everyone seemingly wants
- Andrew Cashner's Fantasy Ceiling
I apologize for this post. Feel free to leave your own images of Andrew Cashner's fantasy ceiling, or fantasy ceiling fan, in the comments.
- Mullet Watch: Andrew Cashner
Andrew Cashner - mugshot of a mullet pic.twitter.com/RUTkJc2unJ— CJ Fogler (@cjzero) March 31, 2014
I think his fantasy ceiling just collapsed.
- Milone and Garcia: NL Starting Pitchers
struggles with runners on base.
With a month of the season left to go, Garcia has thrown almost exactly the same number of innings he threw last year with the exact same number
- Christian Garcia: The Nationals' K-Rod?
Christian Garcia, 27, came up from the minors this month and has struck out seven against two unintentional walks in six innings of work. The only run he's allowed came on a Giancarlo Stanton solo
- Prospect Watch: McMahon, Rondon, and Garcia
***Jarlin Garcia, LHP, Miami Marlins (Profile)
Level: Low-A Age: 21 Top-15: N/A Top-100: N/A
Line: 15 IP, 13 H, 6 R, 17/4 K/BB, 2.40 ERA, 2.60 FIP
It's hard not to like a lefty who
- Andrew McCutchen Looks... Different
Click to embiggen... your dreams.
I don't watch a ton of Pirates games, so I'm no authority on the matter, but, if memory serves, Andrew McCutchen looks less, uh, European in person than on his
- Ask Andrew McCutchen!
League Baseball center fielder Andrew McCutchen -- these questions. Perhaps they have the answers, and would be willing to share them with us. Sometimes on this journey, we all need some guidance
- Jimmer Friedman? Andrew Fredette?
shooting from anywhere on the court. And, like Friedman, Fredette comes from a Jewish family.
That's about where the similarities between Fredette and Andrew Friedman, pictured on the right, end
- A World Without Andrew McCutchen
The idea of a world without Garfield has already been fully realized. But what of a world without Andrew McCutchen?
I've often wondered -- fantasized, even -- about what it would be like if I
- The New Old Andrew Cashner
Back in May, Chris Cwik noticed something very interesting about Andrew Cashner. His hard slider was gone. Whether the pitcher had done it to save his arm, or the pitch had changed because
- Respecting Andrew McCutchen
votes, and the winner probably won't be unanimous.
But let's not let the reality of a solid field of candidates obscure the fact that Andrew McCutchen is pulling away from the field. He might
- Spotted: Karim Garcia Getting Walked Intentionally
It's not immediately clear to the author what set of circumstances might have led to the six intentional walks recorded by Karim Garcia during his 10-year major-league career. Whatever
- Andrew McCutchen And Barry Bonds
Andrew McCutchen is a toolsy Pittsburgh outfielder with a good eye at the plate that just put it all together and showed career bests in most categories in his age-26 season. He did
- Projecting Andrew Benintendi
The Red Sox made Andrew Benintendi the seventh pick in the draft last summer after he hit a torrid .376/.488/.717 as a sophomore at Arkansas, giving him easily the highest OPS in the SEC. Benintendi
- JABO: The Matter With Andrew McCutchen
Andrew McCutchen has been bad. I think I'm allowed to say that. Used to be, it was just a bad start. It's still a bad start, but we're a week into May, so that "just" is disappearing by the second
- Jaime Garcia Pitching to Contact with Ace Stuff
outs to form an incredibly effective pitcher. A half-decade after Duncan's retirement, one of his former pupils, Jaime Garcia, is throwing strikes, getting ground balls, and keeping hitters off balance
- Enter Andrew Cashner
, a young and handsome right-hander -- a prospect highly touted, mysterious and oft-cloaked in shadows -- has emerged. Enter Andrew Cashner.
Having won the spring's now-contested fifth starter
- Andrew Miller's MLB Return
For a 26-year-old with an even 300 innings pitched in the majors, Andrew Miller has worn many labels throughout his career. He was a college ace at North Carolina and a top-10 pick by the Tigers
- Jaime Garcia Just Pitched the Game of His Life
Jaime Garcia has had Tommy John surgery, rotator-cuff surgery, and thoracic-outlet surgery. Despite those setbacks -- or perhaps to spite them -- yesterday Garcia pitched the game of his life
- Andrew Miller's Iffy Future
Andrew Miller has two articles linked on his page. One directs to a RotoGraphs piece written by the Talented Mr. Bendix and clicking the other will lead to a detailed look at the tallest rotations
- Andrew Miller's Vesting Option
- I would also accept "sneakiest" - one yet. As first reported by Alex Speier, Boston struck a deal with Andrew Miller that essentially circumvents the waiver process.
Here's the basics - Miller
- Andrew McCutchen Arrives
Eric Seidman covered last week -- Andrew McCutchen has officially established himself as one of the best, and most exciting, players in the game. It's a damn shame that he continues to fly under
- What is Andrew Cashner's Value?
A pitcher in Petco Park should always be on your fantasy radar. With the trade of Anthony Rizzo, Andrew Cashner became the most recent pitcher to be acquired by the Padres. While Cashner will pitch
- The Steady Improvement of Andrew Cashner
It's tough to say San Diego Padres' pitcher Andrew Cashner is breaking out. After posting a 3.09 ERA, and a 3.35 FIP, over 175 innings in 2013, Cashner had officially arrived. On top of that, his
- Andrew McCutchen's Controlled Aggression
Patience has been a big part of Andrew McCutchen's game since his arrival in Pittsburgh in 2009. The two-time All-Star walked in at least 10 percent of his plate appearances in all four of his MLB
- What To Do With Andrew Bailey
But no more.
Hi, my name is Michael, and I cut Andrew Bailey.
I owned Bailey in a non-keeper league with just one disabled list slot, already occupied by another player more likely
- Who Is Andrew Lambo?
. Luckily for you, that's what we provide here on RotoGraphs, a 360 degree view of a player's likely future, using my trusty crystal ball that has never once failed me.
Andrew Lambo came up
- Nearly Perfect: Jaime Garcia's 2011 Season
much: Jaime Garcia. I knew enough about him to know he'd had a great 2010 season (2.70 ERA, 3.41 FIP) and was still quite young, but due to being a Rays fan, I'm not as well versed on the National
- WS Scouting: Colby Lewis vs. Jaime Garcia
How wonderfully awkward.
The last time Colby Lewis and Jaime Garcia faced off, we were treated to one of the best pitcher's duels of the World Series. Jaime Garcia shut down the Rangers for seven
- Avisail Garcia, Dayan Viciedo, and Giving Up on Potential
on Avisail Garcia in the short term to some degree.
Garcia, in his age 24 season, is in line to be the primary right fielder on the south side with fewer than 500 career plate appearances
- Hot GIFs: Freddy Garcia Is Duly Impressed
), during which game Cuban emigre Yoenis Cespedes hit a home run that compelled veteran right-hander Freddy Garcia to discover physics again for the first time.
For the benefit of the reader, who
- Alex Rodriguez and Avisail Garcia: Waiver Wire
to make his mark in the majors. Avisail Garcia has only played 12 games with his new club, but he's shown signs of life. Both players deserve to be owned more.
3B Alex Rodriguez 61% owned
- Greg Garcia & Jake Smolinski: Deep League Wire
Let's go fishing!
Greg Garcia | SS/3B STL | CBS 1% Owned
Jhonny Peralta, who missed the first two months of the season after undergoing thumb surgery in March, has landed back on the DL
- Avisail Garcia & Dee Gordon: Waiver Wire
of the rest. Figure the regular waiver articles are geared more towards leagues with 14 teams or fewer. So with that, here's who I think is worth grabbing and holding onto for the year.
Avisail Garcia, CHW
- Davis, Smoak, Drew, Garcia, Carrasco: DL Returnees
and see how the situation unravels once he returns. If he starts, keep him. If he is just a bench player, ditch him.
Freddy Garcia (finger, 18% owned) – Garcia is a nice play for a team desperate
- Prospect Impact: Hicks, Arcia, Garcia and more
: Tigers sign OF Torii Hunter
PROSPECT IMPACT: OF Avisail Garcia
For a change, maybe the Tigers will avoid rushing one of their prospects. Garcia, in fact, has already been rocketed through the system
- Field of Streams: Episode 225 - Not Avisail Garcia
Episode 225 - Not Avisail Garcia
The latest episode of “Field of Streams” is live!
In this episode, Dylan Higgins and Matthew Dewoskin discuss Guaranteed Rate Field, other unfortunate name
- FG on Fox: The Development of Andrew Cashner
When the Padres traded for Andrew Cashner before the 2012 season, he was a reliever with a nasty knuckle slider and a 100 mph fastball -- and injury issues. The Padres believed that he could become
- My Favorite Andrew Miller Fact
, then, is to tell you what you already know, but in some new and different way. When it works, I think we all get to come away feeling smart! Hopefully it continues to work.
What I have for you here is an Andrew
- Jesus Montero: Cabrera, Konerko, or Karim Garcia?
- 2009 Impact Rookie: Andrew McCutchen
Outfielder Andrew McCutchen has been on the prospect map ever since high school - when he was selected in the first round by Pittsburgh in 2005. The Florida native has been one of the Pirates' top
- Taking a Flier on Andrew Cashner as a Starter
After turning to veterans to fill in the back end of the rotation, the Padres are now turning youthful Andrew Cashner into a starting pitcher. Like most Padre pitchers, Cashner has been better
- 2009 Prospect Duds: Andrew Brackman
You know a player is talented when he is ranked as an organization's third best prospect despite not throwing a pitch in his entire pro career spanning two years. The Yankees' Andrew Brackman
- Matt Harvey Out, Andrew Cashner In
this week, and could have value down the stretch.
Before we look at Andrew Cashner, let's quickly examine Harvey. If the reports are true, Harvey will face the Washington Nationals on Friday
- Missing: Andrew Cashner's Hard Slider
Andrew Cashner has always been a tantalizing pitcher. Armed with impressive stuff, he's already shown flashes of brilliance in the rotation. But due to injuries, we haven't been able to see Cashner
- Andrew Cashner Is My Spirit Animal
It is no secret around these digital pages just how big of an Andrew Cashner fan I am. That being said, yet again his season was cut short due to injury. This year it was elbow soreness that caused
- Andrew Miller at Nick Markakis Money
about trying to figure out why Markakis got so expensive. The numbers we have don't exactly support the full commitment.
Later today, or maybe tomorrow, Andrew Miller is likely to sign with a team
- The Time Is Not Right to Trade Andrew McCutchen
like a likely seller, attention has turned to a less-likely trade target, with speculation mounting that perhaps now is the time for the Pirates to trade Andrew McCutchen.
On the one hand, I
- Andrew Bailey: Boston's New Closer
The Boston Red Sox picked up a Jonathan Papelbon replacement on Wednesday, acquiring Andrew Bailey (and Ryan Sweeney) from the Oakland A's for Josh Reddick and prospects Raul Alcantara and Miles Head
- Scouting the Yankees' Return for Andrew Miller
The package netted by Brian Cashman and the Yankees in exchange for Andrew Miller is headlined by two big names in OF Clint Frazier and LHP Justus Sheffield (both of whom project as average-or-better
- BREAKING: J.J. Putz and Andrew Bailey
puzzling one-game release point data, and his drop in velocity -- which stabilizes quickly -- it's fair to worry about Putz, and to keep Bell rostered.
Andrew Bailey, is in a slightly different
- Andrew Heaney Ready For Prime Time
I've seen Andrew Heaney pitch several times, but the most memorable occasion was at the 2012 Big XII Baseball Tournament. Oklahoma State and Oklahoma were facing off at 9:00 am on a Wednesday. Bleary
- Andrew Cashner Cashes In On Rotation Spot
It was no secret that I was a huge Andrew Cashner fan heading into the season. You could say that he was my sleeper/undervalued pitcher of the year. I drafted him for my LABR team and Tout Wars squad
- Tyson Ross: The New Andrew Cashner
Yesterday I reminded you all about my preseason lovefest for Andrew Cashner. What I neglected to mention because it wasn't all that important, is that Cashner opened the year in the bullpen
- Andrew Miller and The Art of the Dumpster Dive
Facing one of the worst offenses in baseball last night, Andrew Miller yielded 10 baserunners, became the first pitcher to give up a home run to Orlando Hudson all season, and walked away
- Pirates Lock Up Andrew McCutchen
million contract with star center fielder Andrew McCutchen. No need to bury the lede here - this is nothing short of a fantastic signing for the Pirates.
Just 25 years old, McCutchen had just over two
- Q&A: Andrew McCutchen, Thoughtful Superstar
Andrew McCutchen is chasing a batting title -- he leads the National League with a .369 average -- as well as an MVP award. The 25-year-old Pittsburgh Pirates outfielder tops the senior circuit
- Andrew McCutchen's Injury is a Huge Blow
In 2013, Andrew McCutchen was the best player in the National League, and he was rewarded with the NL Most Valuable Player award. In 2014, he and a few others are essentially even for the title
- Andrew McCutchen's Reminder That Baseball Is Cruel
that they elicit sympathy from even the most hardened baseball fans. You know the ones I’m talking about, the games that make you cringe when you check a box score. The games like the one Andrew
- Love Song for C. Andrew Sabo
- "Freak of Nature": Baseball's Garcia Found to Violate Major Scientific Principles
Some two years ago, a split-finger fastball thrown by pitcher Freddy Garcia stumped experts by seeming to defy the Magnus effect -- the force that makes a curveball curve. Physicists eventually
- Position Battles: Mets' 5th Starter, Pt. 1: Freddy Garcia
-compensated league-average starter?
New York also enters spring training with an open competition for the fifth-starter's role, featuring a former rotation horse (Freddy Garcia), a Washington retread (Tim
- Prospect Impact: Jackie Bradley, Bryce Brentz, Leury Garcia
Prospects earlier this offseason
ACTION: Rangers sign Jeff Baker to minor league deal
IMPACT: INF Leury Garcia, Rangers
For all the pub that Jurickson Profar (deservedly) receives, fellow
- White Sox Sign Andrew Miller Lite(?)
, reports indicated that David Robertson is seeking a four-year deal in the mold of Jonathan Papelbon‘s $50MM contract, and the asking price on top lefty reliever Andrew Miller might not be much lower
- Andrew Zimbalist Says What We're All Thinking
In this article about the Dodgers sale (which raises some of the same questions I'm having about the price), Andrew Zimbalist says this about Frank McCourt:
"It's problematic," Zimbalist said. "He
- Andrew Miller, Wade Davis and the Battle of the Bullpen Aces
of that because that’s exactly what I already did. Here's the top 10:
Dellin Betances, Yankees, 3.5
Wade Davis, Royals, 3.4
Andrew Miller, Orioles 2.2
Kelvin Herrera, Royals, 2.1
- Addison Reed Has Become Andrew Miller-Lite
Over the last calendar year, Andrew Miller has a 1.81 ERA and a 2.22 FIP. Those dominant numbers, combined with the compelling nature of Miller's complete transformation, have rightfully earned him
- Here Are Andrew Miller's 10 Biggest Spots
is Andrew Miller. I find Miller to be much more pleasing, so here comes stuff about him.
You might remember that, before the year, Miller sustained a fracture in his non-throwing wrist. So
- Yankees Flex Spending Power, Ink Andrew Miller
There are a lot of people out there wary of giving any reliever a four-year contract. That much is understandable; relievers are capricious. Just yesterday, I tried to make the case that Andrew
- The Three Silliest Andrew Miller Swings of the Year
Andrew Miller made a batter look silly last night. Andrew Miller makes batters look silly most nights, but last night, a batter looked particularly silly. One surefire way to identify a batter who
- Dodgers Flip Andrew Heaney for Howie Kendrick
Well, that didn't take long. A few hours after the reports came out on the trade sending Dee Gordon to the Marlins for Andrew Heaney and stuff, Heaney was redirected to the Angels in exchange
- Andrew McCutchen Clearly Doesn't Have His Swing
- Effective Andrew Miller Helping Boston's Bullpen
is the easiest way to change performance.
Among the replacements was former Miguel Cabrera trade bait Andrew Miller, who is finally starting to pitch like the sixth overall pick in the country is expected
- Andrew Bailey: I Don't Give A [Expletive]
Red Sox reliever Andrew Bailey, quoted at WEEI.com:
“I don’t give a [expletive], frankly. I just want to play and get to the playoffs,” Bailey said. “Whatever role they see fit, that’s what I
- NERD Game Scores: Andrew Heaney Performance Review
Highly Rated Game
Los Angeles AL at Seattle | 16:10 ET
Heaney (20.1 IP, 81 xFIP-) vs. Walker (97.1 IP, 99 xFIP-)
Young Angels left-hander Andrew Heaney has produced, over his first three major-league
- Andrew Werner Was Pulling the String Last Night
As I was flipping channels last night I managed to stumble on the Padres - Dodgers game. Andrew Werner, a 25 year-old rookie making only his third career start, was on the hill for the Padres
- Andrew McCutchen Makes a Modern Baserunning Gaffe
It's not very often you see Andrew McCutchen making a mistake, but it happened yesterday in Pittsburgh's 1-0 loss to the Tigers. A tip of the hat to Pirates broadcasters Tim Neverett and Bob Walk
- Digging Deep: Andrew Werner and Tyler Cloyd
league. Two guys I like this week are Andrew Werner of the Padres and Tyler Cloyd of the Phillies. Both have decent strikeout rates in a small number of innings, so there is a chance they help even
- How Andrew McCutchen Saved His Season
It's possible Andrew McCutchen hasn't been the hottest hitter in baseball, but at the very least, there haven't been many much hotter. What makes the year notable, though, is that — as late as early
- Lonnie Chisenhall & Andrew Werner: Deep League WW
in the category and sometimes that in itself is a win from a freely available player.
Andrew Werner | SD SP | 11% Owned
Werner is a pitcher who admittedly I had never heard of before his call up
- Moneyball Comes to LA: Dodgers Hire Andrew Friedman
Theo Epstein from Boston, and are now not too far away from being a very scary competitor for the rest of the NL Central. And now, the Dodgers have lured Rays GM Andrew Friedman out of Tampa Bay
- The Padres Possess the Andrew Miller Backup Plan
We're soon to see the Yankees trade away at least one dominant left-handed reliever in Aroldis Chapman, and it's very possible they deal away a second dominant left-handed reliever in Andrew Miller
- Q&A: Andrew Heaney, Miami Marlins Pitching Prospect
Andrew Heaney is one of the reasons the Marlins have a brighter future than you might think. The team has a plethora of talented young arms, and the 22-year-old southpaw is poised to join Jose
- Scouting All the Prospects in the Andrew Cashner Trade
for Andrew Cashner and others.
Naylor, a native of Ontario, stood out during his showcase summer because of his big raw power but wasn't seen as a potential first rounder until he began to rake against
- Fantex Selling Stock in Andrew Heaney's Future Earnings
on results. If Fantex and Los Angeles Angels starter Andrew Heaney get their way, fans and investors will soon be able to invest in the future earnings of the Angels left-hander. Heaney and Fantex
- Jesus Guzman and Andrew Miller: Mining the Minors
be a smart power and eligibility add in deep NL-only play. And of course, to keep his roster spot, he'll need to hit. But that's the one thing Guzman does well.
Andrew Miller, Red Sox SP/RP
- Relative Waiver Wire: Danny Salazar, Andrew Heaney
a short week thanks to the All-Star break. We’re required to start players whom we’ve successfully claimed for an entire week before we can reserve them. My bid is in.
SP Andrew Heaney, Miami Marlins
- Miami's Andrew Suarez Searches for 2014 Form
The results weren’t pretty for Andrew Suarez, who battled himself as much as he did the North Carolina Tar Heels in Chapel Hill last Saturday.
Pulled after throwing 60 pitches in just three
- Video: Andrew Miller's Entire Sunday Appearance in 30 Sec.
Andrew Miller pitched for Boston on Sunday, March 3rd, 2013, against the New York Yankees. He threw 15 pitches and struck out all three batters he faced. His entire appearance lasted just three
- Andrew Dice Clay Interprets Baseball Poetry: F.P. Adams
In this edition of Andrew Dice Clay Interprets Baseball Poetry, the Dice Man sets his sights on the famous piece by Franklin Pierce Adams, Baseball's Sad Lexicon.
These are the saddest
- How to Raise Your Stock in 10 Days, Starring Andrew Cashner
to choose Andrew Cashner's question mark. Take his word for it:
Andrew Cashner: "I know I'm going to be traded. It's just part of the game, part of where the season's at."
— Dennis Lin
- Indians Attempt to Go All In, Still Wind Up with Andrew Miller
to do, regarding Andrew Miller. The Miller news is official -- no take-backs! -- and the details are as follows:
LHP Andrew Miller
OF Clint Frazier
- Would the Dodgers Have Been Better Off Keeping Andrew Heaney?
Earlier this offseason, the Dodgers and Marlins completed a large trade, with Dee Gordon, Dan Haren, and Miguel Rojas getting shipped to Florida (along with $10 million) while Andrew Heaney, Enrique
- Orioles Land Andrew Miller from busy Red Sox
Andrew Miller has been phenomenal for Boston this season. He has struck out over 40 percent of the batters he has faced, and has been death against both lefties (0.65 FIP, .194 wOBA allowed
- Juan Francisco & Andrew Romine: Deep League Waiver Wire
when many other teams are trotting out fourth outfielders and utility infielders could allow you to keep pace while your injured players heal.
Andrew Romine | SS/3B DET | 1% Owned
After the season
- Andrew Wilkins & Ryan Rua: Deep League Waiver Wire
, but concluded that none of them were very intriguing for this year given playing time concerns. However, two players called up before Monday are of interest.
Andrew Wilkins | 1B CHW | CBS 1
- Marlins Add Andrew Cashner, Colin Rea for Stretch Run
So, they've conducted a trade, which reportedly includes the following pieces (arranged in approximate order of name-recognition):
The Marlins get:
- Danny Hultzen, Fernando Martinez, Andrew Brackman: Prospect Chatter
, but he could eventually become a useable OF5 just based on having a pretty clear path to playing time.
3) Andrew Brackman, Reds
While it's tempting to think that Brackman, who the Yankees released