- How Andrew McCutchen Saved His Season
It's possible Andrew McCutchen hasn't been the hottest hitter in baseball, but at the very least, there haven't been many much hotter. What makes the year notable, though, is that — as late as early
- JABO: The Matter With Andrew McCutchen
Andrew McCutchen has been bad. I think I'm allowed to say that. Used to be, it was just a bad start. It's still a bad start, but we're a week into May, so that "just" is disappearing by the second
- Andrew McCutchen Makes a Modern Baserunning Gaffe
It's not very often you see Andrew McCutchen making a mistake, but it happened yesterday in Pittsburgh's 1-0 loss to the Tigers. A tip of the hat to Pirates broadcasters Tim Neverett and Bob Walk
- Missouri State Righty Jon Harris Shows First Round Ability
- Strong Spring Moves Donnie Dewees Into Top Few Rounds
- Miami's Andrew Suarez Searches for 2014 Form
The results weren’t pretty for Andrew Suarez, who battled himself as much as he did the North Carolina Tar Heels in Chapel Hill last Saturday.
Pulled after throwing 60 pitches in just three
- Complete Outfield Dimensions
- Would the Dodgers Have Been Better Off Keeping Andrew Heaney?
Earlier this offseason, the Dodgers and Marlins completed a large trade, with Dee Gordon, Dan Haren, and Miguel Rojas getting shipped to Florida (along with $10 million) while Andrew Heaney, Enrique
- Dodgers Flip Andrew Heaney for Howie Kendrick
Well, that didn't take long. A few hours after the reports came out on the trade sending Dee Gordon to the Marlins for Andrew Heaney and stuff, Heaney was redirected to the Angels in exchange
- Yankees Flex Spending Power, Ink Andrew Miller
There are a lot of people out there wary of giving any reliever a four-year contract. That much is understandable; relievers are capricious. Just yesterday, I tried to make the case that Andrew
- Andrew Miller at Nick Markakis Money
about trying to figure out why Markakis got so expensive. The numbers we have don't exactly support the full commitment.
Later today, or maybe tomorrow, Andrew Miller is likely to sign with a team
- Andrew Cashner Is My Spirit Animal
It is no secret around these digital pages just how big of an Andrew Cashner fan I am. That being said, yet again his season was cut short due to injury. This year it was elbow soreness that caused
- White Sox Sign Andrew Miller Lite(?)
, reports indicated that David Robertson is seeking a four-year deal in the mold of Jonathan Papelbon‘s $50MM contract, and the asking price on top lefty reliever Andrew Miller might not be much lower
- Moneyball Comes to LA: Dodgers Hire Andrew Friedman
Theo Epstein from Boston, and are now not too far away from being a very scary competitor for the rest of the NL Central. And now, the Dodgers have lured Rays GM Andrew Friedman out of Tampa Bay
- Andrew Miller, Wade Davis and the Battle of the Bullpen Aces
of that because that’s exactly what I already did. Here's the top 10:
Dellin Betances, Yankees, 3.5
Wade Davis, Royals, 3.4
Andrew Miller, Orioles 2.2
Kelvin Herrera, Royals, 2.1
- The Search for a Good Approach
- Andrew Wilkins & Ryan Rua: Deep League Waiver Wire
, but concluded that none of them were very intriguing for this year given playing time concerns. However, two players called up before Monday are of interest.
Andrew Wilkins | 1B CHW | CBS 1
- Pitches Seen: Baseball's Boring Inefficiency
- Love Song for C. Andrew Sabo
- The A's Declining Offense
- Andrew McCutchen's Injury is a Huge Blow
In 2013, Andrew McCutchen was the best player in the National League, and he was rewarded with the NL Most Valuable Player award. In 2014, he and a few others are essentially even for the title
- Orioles Land Andrew Miller from busy Red Sox
Andrew Miller has been phenomenal for Boston this season. He has struck out over 40 percent of the batters he has faced, and has been death against both lefties (0.65 FIP, .194 wOBA allowed
- Relative Waiver Wire: Danny Salazar, Andrew Heaney
a short week thanks to the All-Star break. We’re required to start players whom we’ve successfully claimed for an entire week before we can reserve them. My bid is in.
SP Andrew Heaney, Miami Marlins
- The Steady Improvement of Andrew Cashner
It's tough to say San Diego Padres' pitcher Andrew Cashner is breaking out. After posting a 3.09 ERA, and a 3.35 FIP, over 175 innings in 2013, Cashner had officially arrived. On top of that, his
- FG on Fox: The Development of Andrew Cashner
When the Padres traded for Andrew Cashner before the 2012 season, he was a reliever with a nasty knuckle slider and a 100 mph fastball -- and injury issues. The Padres believed that he could become
- Juan Francisco & Andrew Romine: Deep League Waiver Wire
when many other teams are trotting out fourth outfielders and utility infielders could allow you to keep pace while your injured players heal.
Andrew Romine | SS/3B DET | 1% Owned
After the season
- Mullet Watch: Andrew Cashner
Andrew Cashner - mugshot of a mullet pic.twitter.com/RUTkJc2unJ— CJ Fogler (@cjzero) March 31, 2014
I think his fantasy ceiling just collapsed.
- Andrew Cashner's Fantasy Ceiling
I apologize for this post. Feel free to leave your own images of Andrew Cashner's fantasy ceiling, or fantasy ceiling fan, in the comments.
- Why I Don't Use FIP
- Tyson Ross: The New Andrew Cashner
Yesterday I reminded you all about my preseason lovefest for Andrew Cashner. What I neglected to mention because it wasn't all that important, is that Cashner opened the year in the bullpen
- Andrew Cashner Cashes In On Rotation Spot
It was no secret that I was a huge Andrew Cashner fan heading into the season. You could say that he was my sleeper/undervalued pitcher of the year. I drafted him for my LABR team and Tout Wars squad
- Andrew Heaney Ready For Prime Time
I've seen Andrew Heaney pitch several times, but the most memorable occasion was at the 2012 Big XII Baseball Tournament. Oklahoma State and Oklahoma were facing off at 9:00 am on a Wednesday. Bleary
- The Jaff Decker, Travis Snider, Andrew Lambo, Gaby Sanchez, Jerry Sands and Jose Tabata Solution
on the bench.
That's how you get to the Jaff Decker, Travis Snider, Andrew Lambo, Gaby Sanchez, Jerry Sands and Jose Tabata solution.
Assuming that Polanco doesn't make the team, there are three or four
- Q&A: Andrew Heaney, Miami Marlins Pitching Prospect
Andrew Heaney is one of the reasons the Marlins have a brighter future than you might think. The team has a plethora of talented young arms, and the 22-year-old southpaw is poised to join Jose
- Andrew Dice Clay Interprets Baseball Poetry: F.P. Adams
In this edition of Andrew Dice Clay Interprets Baseball Poetry, the Dice Man sets his sights on the famous piece by Franklin Pierce Adams, Baseball's Sad Lexicon.
These are the saddest
- The New Old Andrew Cashner
Back in May, Chris Cwik noticed something very interesting about Andrew Cashner. His hard slider was gone. Whether the pitcher had done it to save his arm, or the pitch had changed because
- Respecting Andrew McCutchen
votes, and the winner probably won't be unanimous.
But let's not let the reality of a solid field of candidates obscure the fact that Andrew McCutchen is pulling away from the field. He might
- Who Is Andrew Lambo?
. Luckily for you, that's what we provide here on RotoGraphs, a 360 degree view of a player's likely future, using my trusty crystal ball that has never once failed me.
Andrew Lambo came up
- BREAKING: J.J. Putz and Andrew Bailey
puzzling one-game release point data, and his drop in velocity -- which stabilizes quickly -- it's fair to worry about Putz, and to keep Bell rostered.
Andrew Bailey, is in a slightly different
- A World Without Andrew McCutchen
The idea of a world without Garfield has already been fully realized. But what of a world without Andrew McCutchen?
I've often wondered -- fantasized, even -- about what it would be like if I
- Missing: Andrew Cashner's Hard Slider
Andrew Cashner has always been a tantalizing pitcher. Armed with impressive stuff, he's already shown flashes of brilliance in the rotation. But due to injuries, we haven't been able to see Cashner
- Andrew McCutchen's Controlled Aggression
Patience has been a big part of Andrew McCutchen's game since his arrival in Pittsburgh in 2009. The two-time All-Star walked in at least 10 percent of his plate appearances in all four of his MLB
- Video: Andrew Miller's Entire Sunday Appearance in 30 Sec.
Andrew Miller pitched for Boston on Sunday, March 3rd, 2013, against the New York Yankees. He threw 15 pitches and struck out all three batters he faced. His entire appearance lasted just three
- Andrew McCutchen And Barry Bonds
Andrew McCutchen is a toolsy Pittsburgh outfielder with a good eye at the plate that just put it all together and showed career bests in most categories in his age-26 season. He did
- Digging Deep: Andrew Werner and Tyler Cloyd
league. Two guys I like this week are Andrew Werner of the Padres and Tyler Cloyd of the Phillies. Both have decent strikeout rates in a small number of innings, so there is a chance they help even
- Lonnie Chisenhall & Andrew Werner: Deep League WW
in the category and sometimes that in itself is a win from a freely available player.
Andrew Werner | SD SP | 11% Owned
Werner is a pitcher who admittedly I had never heard of before his call up
- Matt Harvey Out, Andrew Cashner In
this week, and could have value down the stretch.
Before we look at Andrew Cashner, let's quickly examine Harvey. If the reports are true, Harvey will face the Washington Nationals on Friday
- Andrew Werner Was Pulling the String Last Night
As I was flipping channels last night I managed to stumble on the Padres - Dodgers game. Andrew Werner, a 25 year-old rookie making only his third career start, was on the hill for the Padres
- Q&A: Andrew McCutchen, Thoughtful Superstar
Andrew McCutchen is chasing a batting title -- he leads the National League with a .369 average -- as well as an MVP award. The 25-year-old Pittsburgh Pirates outfielder tops the senior circuit
- Andrew Bailey: I Don't Give A [Expletive]
Red Sox reliever Andrew Bailey, quoted at WEEI.com:
“I don’t give a [expletive], frankly. I just want to play and get to the playoffs,” Bailey said. “Whatever role they see fit, that’s what I
- Ask Andrew McCutchen!
League Baseball center fielder Andrew McCutchen -- these questions. Perhaps they have the answers, and would be willing to share them with us. Sometimes on this journey, we all need some guidance
- Taking a Flier on Andrew Cashner as a Starter
After turning to veterans to fill in the back end of the rotation, the Padres are now turning youthful Andrew Cashner into a starting pitcher. Like most Padre pitchers, Cashner has been better
- Effective Andrew Miller Helping Boston's Bullpen
is the easiest way to change performance.
Among the replacements was former Miguel Cabrera trade bait Andrew Miller, who is finally starting to pitch like the sixth overall pick in the country is expected
- What To Do With Andrew Bailey
But no more.
Hi, my name is Michael, and I cut Andrew Bailey.
I owned Bailey in a non-keeper league with just one disabled list slot, already occupied by another player more likely
- Andrew Zimbalist Says What We're All Thinking
In this article about the Dodgers sale (which raises some of the same questions I'm having about the price), Andrew Zimbalist says this about Frank McCourt:
"It's problematic," Zimbalist said. "He
- Pirates Lock Up Andrew McCutchen
million contract with star center fielder Andrew McCutchen. No need to bury the lede here - this is nothing short of a fantastic signing for the Pirates.
Just 25 years old, McCutchen had just over two
- Danny Hultzen, Fernando Martinez, Andrew Brackman: Prospect Chatter
, but he could eventually become a useable OF5 just based on having a pretty clear path to playing time.
3) Andrew Brackman, Reds
While it's tempting to think that Brackman, who the Yankees released
- What is Andrew Cashner's Value?
A pitcher in Petco Park should always be on your fantasy radar. With the trade of Anthony Rizzo, Andrew Cashner became the most recent pitcher to be acquired by the Padres. While Cashner will pitch
- Andrew Bailey: Boston's New Closer
The Boston Red Sox picked up a Jonathan Papelbon replacement on Wednesday, acquiring Andrew Bailey (and Ryan Sweeney) from the Oakland A's for Josh Reddick and prospects Raul Alcantara and Miles Head
- Andrew McCutchen Arrives
Eric Seidman covered last week -- Andrew McCutchen has officially established himself as one of the best, and most exciting, players in the game. It's a damn shame that he continues to fly under
- Jesus Guzman and Andrew Miller: Mining the Minors
be a smart power and eligibility add in deep NL-only play. And of course, to keep his roster spot, he'll need to hit. But that's the one thing Guzman does well.
Andrew Miller, Red Sox SP/RP
- Andrew Miller's MLB Return
For a 26-year-old with an even 300 innings pitched in the majors, Andrew Miller has worn many labels throughout his career. He was a college ace at North Carolina and a top-10 pick by the Tigers
- Andrew Miller and The Art of the Dumpster Dive
Facing one of the worst offenses in baseball last night, Andrew Miller yielded 10 baserunners, became the first pitcher to give up a home run to Orlando Hudson all season, and walked away
- Juan Nicasio and Andrew Oliver: Mining the Minors
- Andrew McCutchen Looks... Different
Click to embiggen... your dreams.
I don't watch a ton of Pirates games, so I'm no authority on the matter, but, if memory serves, Andrew McCutchen looks less, uh, European in person than on his
- Enter Andrew Cashner
, a young and handsome right-hander -- a prospect highly touted, mysterious and oft-cloaked in shadows -- has emerged. Enter Andrew Cashner.
Having won the spring's now-contested fifth starter
- Jimmer Friedman? Andrew Fredette?
shooting from anywhere on the court. And, like Friedman, Fredette comes from a Jewish family.
That's about where the similarities between Fredette and Andrew Friedman, pictured on the right, end
- Andrew Miller's Vesting Option
- I would also accept "sneakiest" - one yet. As first reported by Alex Speier, Boston struck a deal with Andrew Miller that essentially circumvents the waiver process.
Here's the basics - Miller
- Is Delmon Young About to Break Out?
- Andrew Miller's Iffy Future
Andrew Miller has two articles linked on his page. One directs to a RotoGraphs piece written by the Talented Mr. Bendix and clicking the other will lead to a detailed look at the tallest rotations
- 2009 Prospect Duds: Andrew Brackman
You know a player is talented when he is ranked as an organization's third best prospect despite not throwing a pitch in his entire pro career spanning two years. The Yankees' Andrew Brackman
- 2009 Impact Rookie: Andrew McCutchen
Outfielder Andrew McCutchen has been on the prospect map ever since high school - when he was selected in the first round by Pittsburgh in 2005. The Florida native has been one of the Pirates' top