- Alex Rodriguez Addresses His Tenants’ Concerns
- Andy Marte: Prospect or Suspect?
Once upon a time, in a land far far away, Andy Marte was considered one of the best prospects in all the land. The Dominican third baseman signed with the Atlanta Braves back in 2000, and by the time
- Andy Marte is Not Dead
Andy Marte completed a backslide of epic proportions earlier in the year when he was designated for assignment to clear a roster spot for a Juan Salas, a relief pitcher who the Tribe claimed off
- What to Do with Andy Sonnanstine?
already paid off in the form of the idea for this post. This morning Sky Kalkman tweeted:
Andy Sonnanstine: trade bait, rotation candidate, bullpen filler, or AAA veteran?
I had sort
- Andy Pettitte: Metronome
At first glance, Game 6 starter Andy Pettitte has entered the metronome section of his career. For fantasy managers, that's a level that is of borderline value in standard mixed leagues, but strong
- Andy MacPhail Elects to Leave
This past weekend, lost in the excitement of October baseball, the Baltimore Orioles announced that their GM, Andy MacPhail, has “elected” not to return for 2012. It is unclear if he is done
- Andy Sonnanstine and Situational BABIP
On the list of things I thought I'd be writing about today, Andy Sonnanstine ranked somewhere just south of nuclear physics. He was among the worst pitchers in baseball last year, running a 7.09 FIP
- Andy Pettitte's Desires Have Changed
As the handsome onlooker is no doubt aware, Andy Pettitte, weary of his mewling family, has decided to return to baseball and cash. But please know that he doesn't feel good about
- Infield Flies Killing Andy LaRoche
Andy LaRoche is currently the only player the Pirates received in the Jason Bay trade on the active roster. Craig Hansen hasn't pitched in 2010, Bryan Morris is in hi-A, and Brandon Moss has a .676
- Andy Pettitte Hangs 'Em Up
to his feet, and fired a one-hopper that Mark Teixeira scooped out of the dirt. In celebration, Andy Pettitte let loose with a mighty pump of the fist. With today's news that Pettitte will announce
- Andy Pettitte's Age 40-41 Predecessors
Perhaps inspired by teammate Mariano Rivera's vow to come back in 2013 after suffering an injury, Andy Pettitte is apparently considering a 2013 return in the wake of his injury-limited innings
- Andy Pettitte Returns to New York
In the surprise move of the spring to date, Andy Pettitte is returning to the Yankees for another season. As Jack Curry of YES first reported, Pettitte has signed a minor-league contract
- Andy Pettitte's Curious Qualifications for the Hall
Andy Pettitte is going to announce his (second) retirement this afternoon. Much will be written (again) about Pettitte's career and, of course, his Hall of Fame prospects. Others are better
- Mustache Watch: Andy Moore, Computer-Generated Lefty
Andy MooreBurlingtonAristocratsAge: 34B/T: L/LBorn: Elizabeth, WVPosition(s): P (SP3)View Hardball Dynasty Profile
It's possible that the author just traded for computer-generated left-hander Andy
- Video: Andy Dirks, Real Dominican Hero
As I was unafraid to note at the main site today, Detroit Tiger Andy Dirks and all the other Leones of Escogido will represent the Dominican in the upcoming Caribbean Series in Santo Domingo
- Disembodied Spirit of Andy Warhol Optimistic About Pirates
The ghost of Andy Warhol (pictured here) bears almost complete resemblance to the actual Andy Warhol.
THE BEYOND -- Noted late artist and Pittsburgh native Andy Warhol was known during his life
- Can Oakland mean a Revival for Andy LaRoche?
Simply looking at Andy LaRoche's player page, it's easy to see why the Pittsburgh Pirates non-tendered the third baseman this season. For the second time in three seasons, the younger A. LaRoche
- Anthony Bass & Andy Pettitte: Waiver Wire
and your rate stats will get a nice boost.
Andy Pettitte | SP | Yankees | Owned: 24% Yahoo! and 17.0% ESPN
Pettitte officially made his comeback with a so-so start against the Mariners last weekend
- What Can Be Expected From Andy Pettitte
Andy Pettitte will be joining the Yankees tomorrow to see if he can be a useful starter. Don't get caught up in the recent hype. The 39-year-old will have a lower than expected
- 19th Century PEDs and Andy Pettitte's HOF Case
Today, Gary Sheffield retired. Following Andy Pettitte's retirement earlier this offseason, that makes two players on the Hall of Fame bubble who were named in the Mitchell Report and admitted
- Chad Orvella and Andy Sisco Find Homes
In the year 2005, Chad Orvella and Andy Sisco flashed promise as two of the league’s youngest and more successful relievers.
Orvella was 24-years-old and appeared in 37 games with the Devil Rays
- Padres Manager Andy Green on Defensive Shifts
Andy Green embraces shifts. The first-year San Diego Padres manager showed that last season in Arizona when, as the team’s third-base coach, he was put in charge of defensive positioning
- Revise a Rule: 4.10 and the Vindication of Andy Hawkins
July 1, 1990: Andy Hawkins is somehow the starting pitcher for the New York Yankees. He’d been fired a month ago, only to find reprieve in an injury to Mike Witt. Despite pitching well in June
- Daily Notes: In Which Andy Marte and Jake Fox Are Invoked
Table of Contents
Here's the table of contents for today's edition of the Daily Notes.
1. SCOUT Leaderboards for the Atlantic League
2. Unhelpful Video: Andy Marte Pitching Once
- Andy Hawkins vs the Detroit Tigers, October 10, 1984
Andy Hawkins is the only pitcher in San Diego Padres history to earn a World Series win. It came in 1984 when the then-24-year-old right-hander threw five-and-one-third scoreless innings in Game 2
- Q&A: Andy Burns, Toronto Blue Jays Infield Prospect
Andy Burns is used to moving around. On the field, he has played all over the infield since being selected by the Toronto Blue Jays in the 11th round of the 2011 draft. His route to prospect status
- Danny Duffy, Andy Dirks, Eric Thames: Mining the Minors
it was his injured lat that led to Vin Mazzaro's recall, Chen is actually the guy who was responsible for this atrocity of historical proportions earlier in the week.
Andy Dirks, Tigers OF
- Q&A: Andy Johnson, College Pitcher who had Tommy John Surgery (Part 1)
Last month, I stumbled across (and posted about) the Pitcher's Duel blog, written by two college students / baseball fans, one a college pitcher at Bradley University named Andy Johnson who
- Q&A: Andy Johnson, College Pitcher who had Tommy John Surgery (Part 2)
Yesterday I posted Part 1 of this Q&A with Andy Johnson, a Bradley University reliever who is recovering from Tommy John surgery. This is part 2. Out of 2. Or 6. No, I'm kidding. Just 2