Major League Players
Minor League Players
Blog Search Results
Sort by Date
- Billy Martin Is Impressed by the Atari
Man of a Thousand Employers Billy Martin knows a thing or two about a thing or two about real baseball. As such, it should come as no surprise that Martin is profoundly impressed by the Realistic
- Spectacles/Mustache Package Deal: Billy Martin
You're damned right I'd follow Billy Martin's mustache, and his spectacles, into the heat of baseball battle.
Adding to Martin's lore: Whiskey Slick, his nickname, according to Baseball
- Good Will Toward Men
Billy Beane, grinchopotamus.
So apparently Hisashi Iwakuma won't be joining the A's after all.
From the start, many people were surprised that the A's had put in such an aggressive bid
- Summer Sustenance
one day, put everything in it, carrots, linguica. I got three hits that night off Billy Wagner. Next day, she made steamers again, and I had two more hits... I went on to win the batting title all
- Who Won the Kimbrel Trade?
- The Braves Might've Fleeced the D-Backs Out of $225 Million
- Leonys Martin: Not a Bad Target
I don’t think that there’s much to analyze about Leonys Martin the player. The Texas Rangers’ center fielder isn’t a great player. On offense, he’s not even a good player, at least in terms of his
- Billy Hamilton, Who is Not a Caricature
player. But at the same time, Billy Hamilton isn't your hyperbole. For all I know he's just about Michael Bourn or Leonys Martin. Maybe that makes Hamilton a little less exciting, a little less exotic
- Billy Hamilton, As Advertised
Monday, against the Twins, Billy Hamilton stole four bases. In so doing, he reached 40 steals on the year before anyone else reached 30. Probably even more impressive: Hamilton now has more steals
- Theo Epstein, Martin Prado, and Front Office Value
According to recent reports, the Marlins are on the verge of signing third baseman Martin Prado to a contract that would keep him from hitting the free agent market this winter; the extension
- Arizona Fall League - Arms to Watch
- The Evolution of K-Rod
- Oblique Injuries in MLB
- Motte, Feliz Continue Tradition
- Edwin Jackson Is In Love With His Slider
- Dan Duquette as GM: The Pitching Staff
- Breaking Up the Band
- From the City of Trees to Oaktown?
- Photo Evidence! Giants Fans Excited About Something
- Biomechanical Analysis, Coming to an Xbox Near You
- Choose The Greatest Baseball Cards of All Time
- One Prize to Rule Them All
- Giant Gamesmanship or Rockie Roguery?
- An Emerging Market
- "Smart" Ticket Pricing Catching On
- Going Through the Motions
- Getting in on the Action?
- Derek Jeter Fashion Show
- Still Searching for That Perfect Gift?
- Apparently You Bought MLB At Bat 2010
- Joey Votto, Bane of Amateur Sport
- Korean Gaming Company Taking It Down a Notch
- How the Other Half Lives
- Make a Million Bucks, The Hard Way
- Sunday Night Baseball and Self Esteem
- The Giants Want to Share
- Baseball Caps and Other Global Disasters
- Akron Makes, The World Takes
- Mariners Stress Eating
- Happy 50th, Strat-O-Matic
- It's Official: Tim Lincecum Hella Cool
- Mets Owners Facing Big, Big Lawsuit
- Simulate Your Own Nervous Breakdown
- Vladimir Nabokov's Mysterious Baseball Game
- MLB.com At Bat 11 (The App) Is Upon Us
- How to Eat a Hot Dog
- Apple TV Now Streams MLB.tv
- Has Hollywood Finally Gone Too Far?
- Pedro Immortalized at the Smithsonian
- But What Do You Do Between Innings?
- Grade-A Ks
- Cap Bigamy: Four Ways It's OK
- Fans: The Final Frontier
- The Change: Manny Machado, Billy Burns, & Batted Ball Mixes
turn this spotlight on two very different players, Manny Machado and Billy Burns, to see what we can learn.
Machado is only 22, so maybe we don't need to declare him a certain type of hitter yet
- Replacing Martin Perez with Martin Perez
at either trying to pitch through serious pain or face a spinal fusion surgery which could potentially threaten his Major League career. Meanwhile, Martin Perez -- who lasted just 3 2/3 innings
- Where Is Russ Martin's Power?
Russell Martin was on top of the baseball world not long ago. Thought of as one of the best young catchers in baseball, Martin was the face of the Los Angeles Dodgers youth movement, at least until
- Russell Martin and Fantasy Relevance
Russell Martin will no doubt be a part of an offseason of journalistic rear-view mirror celebration for Pittsburgh sports writers looking for something other than the Steelers to fill their columns
- Leonys Martin: To Platoon or Not to Platoon
On the one hand, Leonys Martin represents the kind of tepid, five category production that owners in 12-team leagues can expect to find at some point on the waiver wire. On the other hand, he
- Russell Martin's Minuscule Pop
Los Angeles Dodgers backstop Russell Martin is in the midst of one serious power outage. The last time Martin went deep? Try September 26th, 2008 against the San Francisco Giants. While the 26 year
- Russell Martin's Injury
With no disrespect to Angel Guzman (and best of wishes to him on a speedy recovery and return to pitching), the most significant injury endured this spring has to be Russell Martin’s groin pull
- Russell Martin Ain't Right
and contrast Cervelli and Russell Martin, who was Cervelli's predecessor. When Martin left the Pirates, it seemed like it ought to have delivered a massive blow, but if anything Cervelli has been
- Russ Martin's Selectivity
Martin's ridiculous bat control this season, for instance.
Martin has seen 117 pitches in 2010. He has swung and missed just twice, for a swinging strike rate of just 1.7 percent, compared
- J.D. Martin Deserves A Shot
that will come back to haunt you in September, why not give a kid a shot who deserves one and certainly won't be getting one in his current organization. That kid is J.D. Martin, currently