- Hey, Bobby!
Bobby Abreu has had an incredibly consistent career, at least from an offensive standpoint. From 1998-2007, his OBP never fell below the .393 mark. He has knocked in 98 or more runners each year
- Bartolo Colon: The Run-Scoring Machine
’s older and wiser now, though, and chose to remain on third base, comfortable and cozy. When Bobby Abreu singled to right, Colon had no choice but to run home, as there were runners on all the bases
- Big Papi vs. Father Time
(.178/.230/.187, 23 wRC+). There were three 40-year-old positions players in MLB—Bobby Abreu (.248/.342/.338, 100 wRC+), Ichiro! (.284/.324/.340, 86 wRC+), and Derek Jeter (.256/.304/.313, 73 wRC
- Fun With ERA Estimators
- Adjusting to the New Reality
- A Quick and Easy Way to Rank Starting Pitchers for Fantasy Baseball
- Analyzing the FanGraphs’ Mock Draft from an Outsider’s Point of View -- 1B
- Analyzing the FanGraphs’ Mock Draft from an Outsider’s Point of View -- 2B
- Analyzing the FanGraphs’ Mock Draft from an Outsider’s Point of View -- 3B
- Analyzing the FanGraphs’ Mock Draft from an Outsider’s Point of View -- SS
- Analyzing the FanGraphs’ Mock Draft from an Outsider’s Point of View -- C
- Analyzing the FanGraphs’ Mock Draft from an Outsider’s Point of View – OF (part 1)
- Analyzing the FanGraphs’ Mock Draft from an Outsider’s Point of View – OF (part 2)
- Analyzing the FanGraphs’ Mock Draft from an Outsider’s Point of View – OF (part 3)
- The Johnny Cueto Experience
- Analyzing the FanGraphs Early Mock Draft from an Outsider’s Point of View – SPs 1-20
- Analyzing the FanGraphs Early Mock Draft from an Outsider’s Point of View – SPs 21-40
- Analyzing the FanGraphs Early Mock Draft from an Outsider’s Point of View – SPs 41-60
- Vegas vs. Steamer
- Analyzing the FanGraphs Early Mock Draft from an Outsider’s Point of View – RPs 1-30
- Beware the Shark!
- John Mayberry Jr.: King of the Pinch Hitters in 2014
- Breaking Down 2014 WAR (Part 1)
- 2014 WAR Breakdown by Age (WAR, Part 2)
- 2014 WAR Breakdown by Age and Position (WAR, Part 3)
- Changes in WAR from 2000 to 2014 (Part 4)
- Competitive Bidding for the All-Star Game?
- When Should You Draft Troy Tulowitzki?
- Bobby Valentine's Favorite Meal
I almost feel bad for Bobby Valentine. Today's piece in the Boston Herald (the latest in a string of articles itemizing everything terrible or could-be-interpreted-as-terrible-if-you-squint
- A Finish Line for Bobby Cox
as manager of the Braves, people have been wondering how much longer Bobby Cox would be around inside the Atlanta clubhouse.
Today, we got official word from the man himself. Cox will return next season
- Bobby Jenks: Finesse Pitcher?
As a member of the Angels organization, right-hander Bobby Jenks was something of a mythological figure. The gargantuan 6-3, 280 pounder, selected in the 5th round of the 2000 amateur draft, often
- Bobby Valentine's Misery
The thing about Bobby Valentine: he has never finished first.
"I gave my heart, I gave my soul, and I gave every waking hour I had to the Texas Rangers organization and family... If anybody wants
- Bobby Cox and Band-Aids
Bennett is smarter and more poignant, I switched my style up and will instead focus on the Braves’ reliance on medical tape.
The two feelings Bobby Cox is most familiar with are those of a crimson
- Educate Me on Bobby Abreu
Bobby Abreu has a .339 wOBA. That figure represents the lowest of Abreu’s career in seasons that he recorded at least 500 plate appearances. The .173 ISO is right in line with his New York seasons
- Home Cooking and Bobby Abreu
Bobby Abreu has long been a fantasy favorite due to his ability to provide help in all five categories. Who can’t use 22 SB from a guy posting a .296-20-100-100 line, like Abreu did last year
- Bobby Jenks And The Boston Bullpen
effective bullpens in part by picking up righty killer Dan Wheeler and former White Sox closer Bobby Jenks as free agents. In winter that has seen three-year contracts handed out to relievers like
- Bobby Parnell: Transitioning To Closer
to Bobby Parnell as closer begins now. Even before the K-Rod trade it was clear that Parnell was the team's best in-house option for a long-term closer, but Izzy was allowed to get the six saves he needed
- The Story of Bobby Jenks
Bobby Jenks is out for the rest of the year and the rumors have begun to fly. See ESPN, the Examiner, RotoWorld, MLBTradeRumors, and even Bob Nightengale chime in with their belief Jenks will get
- The Fantasy Slant on Bobby Abreu
Just last week, R.J. Anderson took a look at Bobby Abreu from a real-life standpoint. He asked for a reason why the Angels outfielder had a low BABIP to right field this year, suggesting perhaps
- ALCS Preview: Is Bobby Abreu Fast?
teams: Bobby Abreu.
In particular, I'd like to try and answer a question that has been bothering me a little since these playoffs began.
The question: Is Bobby Abreu fast?
The answer: It's hard
- Bobby Abreu: Mr. Clutch 2011
Yes, you read the title correctly. Bobby Abreu of the Los Angeles Angeles was Mr. Clutch during the 2011 season. He ended the season with the highest clutch rating in the majors, as measured here
- Bobby Valentine and the Red Sox Model
, it should be expected to bear fruit, and incur relatively few losses, over the long term.
Does the hiring of Bobby Valentine -- especially if it was a Lucchino-driven decision -- represent
- Great Moments in Bobby Valentine History
- Video: Bobby Valentine in a Japanese Music Video
As you can see, courtesy of WEEI.com's Full Count blog, not only does Bobby Valentine "get down," but Bobby Valentine "gets down" while wearing the pinkest pink shirt that's ever existed. (Do
- Photo: Bobby Cox's Face Tattooed on Someone's Thigh
to tattoo Bobby Cox's face on his thigh, now and forever more, is certifiably insane, I can't. Because the team I root for has never won 14 straight division titles under one manager. I'm going to go ahead
- Bobby Crosby May Find a Home Soon
Five seasons ago, Bobby Crosby was fresh off winning the American League Rookie of the Year award and Ronny Cedeno was a quick riser through the Cubs organization. Both looked like promising long
- Bobby Parnell & Franklin Gutierrez: Deep League WW
, picking up the hot players and dropping the cold ones just to watch the trend reverse shortly thereafter, I will continue checking out that list.
Bobby Parnell, NYM RP | 3% Owned
It is never too
- Brandon Belt & Bobby Parnell: Waiver Wire
for the foreseeable future. Enjoy it.
Bobby Parnell | RP | Mets | Owned: 16% Yahoo! and 14.3% ESPN
The Mets have, by far, the worst bullpen ERA in baseball at 5.27. Outside of lefty specialist Tim
- Bobby Parnell: More Than Captain Fastball
Bobby Parnell hasn't been pitching long. As he puts it, he "played a position" when he was little, and hit the mound for the first time in college. Because he threw hard, he kept climbing that mound
- The End of Bobby Abreu or Just a Time Out?
For the first time in 14 seasons, Bobby Abreu failed to record double-digit totals in both home runs and stolen bases. He picked up 21 steals this season, but his power fell off considerably as he
- Back in Valentine's Day: Bobby's Take On Pitch Counts
For fans wondering how new Red Sox manager Bobby Valentine will run the team, his recent comments on pitch counts and pitcher health could make fans of the Red Sox and/or logic cringe and make Red
- What to Expect from Bobby V. When It's Game Time
Bobby Valentine is officially the manager of the Boston Red Sox. He has been known to have an extreme love-hate relationship with his players and his bosses. While the best Bobby V. stories
- BREAKING: Bobby Parnell has a partially torn elbow in his elbow
NEW YORK -- X-rays have confirmed what was previously suspected: Mets closer Bobby Parnell has a partially torn elbow in his elbow. Doctors are unsure how it got there, or whether it was torn