- Ode to Willie Bloomquist
- Mike Moustakas Is Reverting Back to Mike Moustakasness
- The Importance of Hard-Hit Percentage
- Chris Parmelee & James Jones: Deep League Wire
at the same time?!?! That's six players who could play the outfield, yet there are only two slots open there with Adam Jones as the every day center fielder! Are they trying to set a record
- A Nightmare Scenario for Pedro Alvarez: Playing for Cleveland
- Effects of Stats So Far on Depth Charts RoS Projections -- Pitchers
- Effect of Stats So Far on Depth Charts RoS Projections
- Checking in on Starting Pitchers
- Adam Jones Is Up to Something
and defensive curiosity. And it was while scrolling through pages I noticed something about Adam Jones. Machado, as noted, is showing some weird changes in his plate discipline. Jones is, too, in a different
- MLB Franchise Four: NL East
are the years in which they played for that team.
Atlanta Braves (1871-2015)
(1) Hank Aaron, 136.0 WAR (1954-1974)
(2) Eddie Mathews, 94.3 WAR (1952-1966)
(3) Chipper Jones, 84.6 WAR (1993
- MLB Franchise Four: NL Central
- MLB Franchise Four: NL West
San Diego Padres (1969-2015)
(1) Tony Gwynn, 65.0 WAR (1982-2001)
(2) Jake Peavy, 29.3 WAR (2002-2009)
(3) Dave Winfield, 29.1 WAR (1973-1980)
(4) Randy Jones
- MLB Franchise Four: AL East
) Roger Clemens, 76.5 WAR
(4) Wade Boggs, 70.8 WAR
(5) Dwight Evans, 64.3 WAR (1972-1990)
(6) Cy Young, 54.8 WAR (1901-1908)
(7) Tris Speaker, 54.4 WAR
(8) Bobby Doerr, 53.3 WAR
- MLB Franchise Four: AL Central
to vote for one or both of them, but they don’t really compare with the players above them on the Tigers’ ballot just yet.
Notable snub: Like Bobby Grich, Lou Whitaker is criminally underrated. He
- MLB Franchise Four: AL West
(4) Brian Downing, 36.5 WAR (1978-1990)
(5) Bobby Grich, 35.6 WAR
(6) Tim Salmon, 35.5 WAR (1992-2004, 2006)
(7) Mike Witt, 33.4 WAR
(8) Frank Tanana, 33.2 WAR
(9) Jered Weaver, 32.5
- An Old (But Topical) Conversation with Andruw Jones
This interview was conducted in September 2012, but that doesn't matter. The topic was his career, and Andruw Jones was weeks away from his final game. Contextually, nothing has changed in the two
- Here's to the Grinders--Week 1
- The Fans Projections: Pitchers
- The Fans Versus the Depth Charts
we’re starting to see a few bigger names, like Joe Mauer, George Springer and Adam Jones.
Joe Mauer has a career .372 wOBA but is coming off a season that saw him with the second-lowest mark
- Crowdsourcing Bullpen Roles
Setup #1: Zach Putnam (4), Jake Petricka (3), Zach Duke (1)
Setup #2: Jake Petricka (4), Zach Duke (3), Nate Jones (1)
Comment: There’s a difference of opinion on who
- Drafting an Injured Hunter Pence
- K-BB vs. the RotoGraphs Top Starting Pitcher Rankings
- The Atlantazona Bravebacks (Part I: Position Players)
- When Should You Draft Troy Tulowitzki?
goes all out and heads to the DL and generally misses significant time. He’s not like an aging Chipper Jones who would play 4 or 5 games a week and would be difficult to replace if you can’t make daily
- Competitive Bidding for the All-Star Game?
- Changes in WAR from 2000 to 2014 (Part 4)
- 2014 WAR Breakdown by Age and Position (WAR, Part 3)
- 2014 WAR Breakdown by Age (WAR, Part 2)
- Orioles Outfield: Adam Jones and the Hot Bat
Trying to figure out who is going to play in the Orioles outfield besides Adam Jones is simply a mess. The talent is tightly bunched with no one standing out. To add to the mess, the Orioles
- Breaking Down 2014 WAR (Part 1)
- John Mayberry Jr.: King of the Pinch Hitters in 2014
- Big Papi vs. Father Time
(.178/.230/.187, 23 wRC+). There were three 40-year-old positions players in MLB—Bobby Abreu (.248/.342/.338, 100 wRC+), Ichiro! (.284/.324/.340, 86 wRC+), and Derek Jeter (.256/.304/.313, 73 wRC
- Bartolo Colon: The Run-Scoring Machine
’s older and wiser now, though, and chose to remain on third base, comfortable and cozy. When Bobby Abreu singled to right, Colon had no choice but to run home, as there were runners on all the bases
- Beware the Shark!
- Analyzing the FanGraphs Early Mock Draft from an Outsider’s Point of View – RPs 1-30
- Vegas vs. Steamer
- Analyzing the FanGraphs Early Mock Draft from an Outsider’s Point of View – SPs 41-60
- Analyzing the FanGraphs Early Mock Draft from an Outsider’s Point of View – SPs 21-40
- Analyzing the FanGraphs Early Mock Draft from an Outsider’s Point of View – SPs 1-20
- The Johnny Cueto Experience
- Analyzing the FanGraphs’ Mock Draft from an Outsider’s Point of View – OF (part 3)
- Analyzing the FanGraphs’ Mock Draft from an Outsider’s Point of View – OF (part 2)
- Analyzing the FanGraphs’ Mock Draft from an Outsider’s Point of View – OF (part 1)
-to-back selections of Jacoby Ellsbury (16th--$24) and Adam Jones (17th—$29). The edge here for Jones comes in homers and RBI, while Ellsbury should steal many more bases. The final outfielder taken
- Analyzing the FanGraphs’ Mock Draft from an Outsider’s Point of View -- C
- Analyzing the FanGraphs’ Mock Draft from an Outsider’s Point of View -- SS
and to be the most valuable shortstop by a good margin. The players taken immediately after Tulo in this mock were Carlos Gomez, Yasiel Puig, Anthony Rendon, Jose Altuve, Jacoby Ellsbury, and Adam Jones
- Analyzing the FanGraphs’ Mock Draft from an Outsider’s Point of View -- 3B
- Analyzing the FanGraphs’ Mock Draft from an Outsider’s Point of View -- 2B
- Analyzing the FanGraphs’ Mock Draft from an Outsider’s Point of View -- 1B
- A Quick and Easy Way to Rank Starting Pitchers for Fantasy Baseball
- Exploring My Personal Biases With Adam Jones
that I re-revisit my ranking of Adam Jones, which first appeared on Christmas day.
In case you missed it, I ranked Jones as the 21st overall outfielder. It suffices to say that not everybody
- Ranking Adam Jones
uber-bullish ranking of Carlos Carrasco on Little Christmas, and my bearish ranking of Adam Jones shall provide the content for normal Christmas. Enjoy.
The comments in the rankings piece
- Adjusting to the New Reality
- Albert Pujols: Fighting Father Time
- Ryan Howard Flips and, Kind of, Flops
- Return to Being Useful: Justin Morneau
- Kennys Vargas is Walking a Fine Line
- - -
- Paul Goldschmidt: Same As He Ever Was, Kind Of
- Has Freddie Freeman Been Worth His Cost?
- Anthony Rizzo's Answered Your (My) Questions
- 2014 First Base Tier Rankings: August
- All Aboard The Duda Wagon
- The Daily Grind: 8-10-2014 -- Presented by FanDuel
- The Daily Grind: 8-9-14 -- Presented by FanDuel
- Adam Jones' Historical Plate Discipline Peers
Jones. From 2010 to 2013, Jones' cumulative wRC+ was 116. To date in 2014, his wRC+ is 115. Jones' offensive production so far this season may be a bit down from his 2012 and 2013 performances
- The Daily Grind: 8-7-2014 -- Presented by FanDuel
- Nick Swisher's Done Helping You
- Mike Napoli's Alright, Isn't He?
- Daily Fantasy Strategy -- July 23 -- For DraftKings
- Daily Fantasy Strategy -- July 22 -- For DraftKings
+ of 144 versus left handed pitching. Yes, Happ does have a reverse split over the past few seasons, but he’s still allowed a .337 wOBA versus right handed batters over his career.
Adam Jones - $4,700
- Daily Fantasy Baseball -- July 19 -- For DraftKings
- Daily Fantasy Strategy -- For DraftKings -- July 18
- Daily Fantasy Strategy -- All-Star Break Notes -- For Draftstreet
- Daily Fantasy Strategy -- July 13 -- For Draftstreet
- Daily Fantasy Strategy -- July 12 -- For Draftstreet
home run issues haven't gone anywhere; Tex's power, however, has rebounded rather nicely, especially from the left side.
Adam Jones - $7,842
Manny Machado - $7,293
- Daily Fantasy Strategy -- July 11 -- For Draftstreet
- Daily Fantasy Strategy -- July 2 -- For Draftstreet
Ausmus and pitching coach Jeff Jones to pour over film, new and old. They saw that the right-hander was moving laterally in a way that needed to be changed. They wanted him to move more toward home
- Daily Fantasy Strategy -- July 1 -- For Draftstreet
- Daily Fantasy Strategy -- June 28 -- For Draftstreet
- Daily Fantasy Strategy -- June 27 -- For Draftstreet
- Daily Fantasy Strategy -- June 25 -- For Draftstreet
- Daily Fantasy Strategy -- June 24 -- For Draftstreet
- Daily Fantasy Strategy -- June 21 -- For Draftstreet
- Daily Fantasy Strategy -- June 20 -- For Draftstreet
- Daily Fantasy Strategy -- June 18 -- For Draftstreet
- Daily Fantasy Strategy -- June 17 -- For Draftstreet
pitching pretty well; they’re facing John Danks tonight, weather permitting. Speaking of left handed pitching, the Orioles lineup, as a whole, isn’t otherworldly versus southpaws, but Adam Jones
- Daily Fantasy Strategy -- June 14 -- For Draftstreet
- Daily Fantasy Strategy -- June 13 -- For Draftstreet
- Daily Fantasy Strategy -- June 11 -- For Draftstreet
- Daily Fantasy Strategy -- June 10 -- For Draftstreet
- Daily Fantasy Strategy -- June 7 -- For Draftstreet
- Daily Fantasy Strategy -- June 6 -- For Draftstreet
- Daily Fantasy Strategy -- June 4 -- For Draftstreet
- Daily Fantasy Strategy -- June 3 -- For Draftstreet
into the lineup. Michael Cuddyer suited up at third base this weekend, so maybe that's a harbinger of things to come?
Adam Jones - $6,494
Joe Saunders doesn't miss many bats. Adam Jones has crushed
- Daily Fantasy Strategy -- May 31 -- For Draftstreet
- Daily Fantasy Strategy -- May 30 -- For Draftstreet
- Daily Fantasy Strategy -- May 28 -- For Draftstreet
- Daily Fantasy Strategy -- May 27 -- For Draftstreet
- The Uncommon Careers of Adam Jones and Howie Kendrick
because they have some special talent in one area or another. Two current examples are Adam Jones and Howie Kendrick.
Adam Jones isn't an elite baseball player in the same way that Favre
- Daily Fantasy Strategy -- May 24 -- For Draftstreet
- Daily Fantasy Strategy -- May 23 -- For Draftstreet
- Daily Fantasy Strategy -- May 21 -- For Draftstreet
- Daily Fantasy Strategy -- May 20 -- For Draftstreet
- Daily Fantasy Strategy -- May 17 -- For Draftstreet
- Daily Fantasy Strategy -- May 16 -- For Draftstreet
- Daily Fantasy Strategy -- May 14 -- For Draftstreet
- Daily Fantasy Strategy -- May 13 -- For Draftstreet
- Daily Fantasy Strategy -- May 10 -- For Draftstreet
- Daily Fantasy Strategy -- May 9 -- For Draftstreet
- Daily Fantasy Strategy -- May 7 -- For Draftstreet
- Daily Fantasy Strategy -- May 6 -- For Draftstreet
- Prospect Watch: Jose Ramirez, James Jones
James Jones, OF, Mariners (Profile)
Level: MLB Age: 25 Top-15: N/A Top-100: N/A
Line: (Triple-A) 90 PA, 8.9% BB, 17.8% K, .313/.382/.450 (.371 BABIP
- Daily Fantasy Strategy -- May 4 -- For Draftstreet
- Daily Fantasy Strategy -- May 3 -- For Draftstreet
- Daily Fantasy Strategy -- May 2 -- For Draftstreet
- Daily Fantasy Strategy -- May 1 -- For Draftstreet
- Daily Fantasy Strategy -- April 30 -- For Draftstreet
- Daily Fantasy Strategy -- April 29 -- For Draftstreet
- Daily Fantasy Strategy -- April 26 -- For Draftsreet
- Daily Fantasy Strategy -- April 25 -- For Draftstreet
- Daily Fantasy Strategy -- April 23 -- For Draftstreet
- Daily Fantasy Strategy -- April 22 -- For Draftstreet
- Daily Fantasy Strategy -- April 19 -- For Draftstreet
- Daily Fantasy Strategy -- April 18 -- For Draftstreet
- Daily Fantasy Strategy -- April 16 -- For Draftstreet
- Daily Fantasy Strategy -- April 15 -- For Drafstreet
- Daily Fantasy Strategy -- April 12 -- For Draftstreet
- Daily Fantasy Strategy -- April 11 -- For Draftstreet
- Daily Fantasy Strategy -- April 9 -- For Draftstreet
- Daily Fantasy Strategy -- April 8 -- For Draftstreet
- Daily Fantasy Strategy -- April 5 -- for Draftstreet
- Daily Fantasy Strategy -- April 4 -- For Draftstreet
- BREAKING: Bobby Parnell has a partially torn elbow in his elbow
NEW YORK -- X-rays have confirmed what was previously suspected: Mets closer Bobby Parnell has a partially torn elbow in his elbow. Doctors are unsure how it got there, or whether it was torn
- Daily Fantasy Strategy -- April 2 -- For Draftstreet
- Orioles Outfield: At Least There's Adam Jones
Before we get to the desolate corner spots in the Baltimore outfield, let's at least focus on Adam Jones and the value he brings to fantasy baseball. He hits in the .280s, he puts up between 25-33
- Annals of Bromance: Chipper Jones, Rescue Hero
. Then imagine nestling your face into the broad, camouflaged shoulder of Larry Wayne Jones, as the frigid wind whips past and faces gape from stranded cars. If you can capture that feeling, reader, then you have
- Jacque Jones: Almost a Hall of Famer
And he has the Internet to thank! With the first ever Hall of Fame vote credited to "tweeples," presenting the immortal and amazing Jacque Jones!
Apprecaite my tweeples for helping me get that 1
- Adam Jones is Boring, And That's Fine, Right?
Over the last three years, Adam Jones has hit between .280 and .287, launched between 25 and 33 homers, and stolen between 12 and 16 bases. Considering the way team performances vary from year
- Q&A: Nate Jones, Unorthodox Power in Chicago
Two things jump out when you watch Nate Jones deliver a pitch. The Chicago White Sox righthander has an unorthodox delivery and he throws hard. Working primarily as a setup man, he features a 97-mph
- Scheming For Relief: Medina, Jones and Siegrist
the right-hander for the chance at some holds and strikeouts. In a roto league? Sure, i’m all-in.
Nate Jones | White Sox | 1%
At first glance, Jones’ 4.06 ERA (2.74 FIP) and 1.29 WHIP may cause one
- This Meatloaf Shall Suffer Adam Jones's Godlike Hunger
Not so long ago, Adam Jones sounded his conch and let all know that something was about to happen ...
Bout to smash some meatloaf— Adam Jones (@SimplyAJ10) July 28, 2013
- The Luckiest and Unluckiest Pitchers So Far in 2013
- Q&A: JaCoby Jones, Pirates Prospect
tremendous potential, but a boom-or-bust dynamic exists for almost any 18-year-old prospect.
JaCoby Jones -- drafted in the third round out of LSU -- is a 21-year-old with a boom-or-bust dynamic
- Q&A: Eric Stults, Poor-Man's Randy Jones
pitcher, and, surprisingly, one of the better lefties in the league.
More than a decade after being drafted by the Dodgers out of Bethel College, Stults has evolved into a poor man’s Randy Jones
- Adam Wainwright: Efficiency is the Name of the Game
- How Hard Is It To Be Successful Without Drawing Walks?
fWAR from 2000-2013 only 58 or 28.7% had walk rates less than or equal to 8%. Adam Jones fell slightly below on a few parameters, but for comparison's sake he felt pretty accurate. Here is Yasiel Puig
- Bobby Parnell: More Than Captain Fastball
Bobby Parnell hasn't been pitching long. As he puts it, he "played a position" when he was little, and hit the mound for the first time in college. Because he threw hard, he kept climbing that mound
- Reid Ryan Visits the Edward Jones Chatting Cage
Hello everyone. Welcome the Edward Jones Chatting Cage, where we get to know more about some of the biggest people in MLB baseball. I'm your host, Jeremy Brisiel. Today, we're talking to the new
- Nate Jones Is in Agony
- The Unique Power-Speed Combos of Braun, Pence and Jones
-- Ryan Braun, Adam Jones and Hunter Pence find themselves in a class of their own.
Although most fans should be somewhat aware of the speed of this trio, their star power -- as with most hitters
- Adam Jones Just Got Stronger
C'mon readers of RotoGraphs, you didn't really think I was going to let the year end without another piece on Adam Jones from me, did you? I was just waiting for the appropriate time
- Chipper Jones and The Couch
You know this player: it's Chipper Jones, the shoe-in Hall-of-Famer who's about to play the final regular season series of his career.
It was a different time, you understand -- 1992, or '93
- Great Moments in Saying Goodbye to Chipper Jones
- Great Moments in Bobby Valentine History
- Bobby Valentine's Misery
The thing about Bobby Valentine: he has never finished first.
"I gave my heart, I gave my soul, and I gave every waking hour I had to the Texas Rangers organization and family... If anybody wants
- Bobby Valentine's Favorite Meal
I almost feel bad for Bobby Valentine. Today's piece in the Boston Herald (the latest in a string of articles itemizing everything terrible or could-be-interpreted-as-terrible-if-you-squint
- Andruw Jones: All-Star to Replacement-Level Player
Andruw Jones was having a brilliant career, that is, until he turned 31 years old. Since that point, he's barely been a league-average player. He went from an all-time great player, to an iffy hall
- Chipper Jones Speaks in Tongues
Bit of old news, but did anyone notice Chipper Jones's tweet on August 2? Allow me to remind you:
We need a dome! These rain delays stink. Nothin a couple of 2run dubs wont fix. Back on track
- Andruw Jones Effectively Summarizes Own Career
On May 1, 2007, Andruw Jones was hitting .264/.405/.527 and was on his way to winning his tenth gold glove. His Hall of Fame status was all but assured. Five years, three months, and fifteen days
- Rajai Davis & Chipper Jones: Waiver Wire
scoring category -- in Davis' case, power and likely batting average -- to boost another if you've fallen behind.
Chipper Jones | 3B | Braves | Owned: 32% Yahoo! and 38.0% ESPN
Now 40 years old
- Brandon Belt & Bobby Parnell: Waiver Wire
for the foreseeable future. Enjoy it.
Bobby Parnell | RP | Mets | Owned: 16% Yahoo! and 14.3% ESPN
The Mets have, by far, the worst bullpen ERA in baseball at 5.27. Outside of lefty specialist Tim
- Daily Notes, Beginning with a Line by Chipper Jones
Comment Regarding Strasburg
Here's a recent comment -- notable because of who made it -- regarding Strasburg:
Chipper Jones on #Strasburg: "He has the best stuff, the best repertoire of pitches
- Orioles Wisely Lock Up Adam Jones
Last Friday, I wrote that if Adam Jones sustains his performance all year, he could be looking at a contract extension in the range of $120 to $140 million by selling himself as Matt Kemp Lite
- Is Adam Jones Pulling a Matt Kemp?
On Tuesday, Adam Jones took a 1-0 fastball from CC Sabathia in the second inning and launched it out to left field. On Wednesday, in the 15th inning, he destroyed a curveball from Nate Adcock
- Adam Jones: UZR and Me
UZR is catching up to Adam Jones, or maybe it‘s the other way around. Either way, the Orioles centerfielder is finally receiving some love from defensive metrics -- his league-leading 5.9 UZR
- Chipper Jones To Retire After 2012
After more than 17 years as a fixture in Atlanta Braves baseball, Chipper Jones has announced that he will retire as a player after the 2012 season. His $7 million club option for next year would
- Video: Bobby Valentine in a Japanese Music Video
As you can see, courtesy of WEEI.com's Full Count blog, not only does Bobby Valentine "get down," but Bobby Valentine "gets down" while wearing the pinkest pink shirt that's ever existed. (Do
- You Want Adam Jones
center fielder Adam Jones would be a great place to start.
Jones is by no means a hidden gem in fantasy baseball. He was a highly touted prospect in the Mariners system, offering a nice blend
- Contract Extension Comps for Adam Jones
The Baltimore Orioles recently avoided going to an arbitration hearing by signing Adam Jones to a one year, $6.5 million contract, but there are still rumblings about a long-term deal being in play
- Back in Valentine's Day: Bobby's Take On Pitch Counts
For fans wondering how new Red Sox manager Bobby Valentine will run the team, his recent comments on pitch counts and pitcher health could make fans of the Red Sox and/or logic cringe and make Red
- Adam Jones, Unfinished Product
In the weekly Wednesday chat, one of the popular subjects was the Braves pursuit of Baltimore outfielder Adam Jones. According to reports, Atlanta has been trying to land Jones for the better part
- What to Expect from Bobby V. When It's Game Time
Bobby Valentine is officially the manager of the Boston Red Sox. He has been known to have an extreme love-hate relationship with his players and his bosses. While the best Bobby V. stories
- Bobby Valentine and the Red Sox Model
, it should be expected to bear fruit, and incur relatively few losses, over the long term.
Does the hiring of Bobby Valentine -- especially if it was a Lucchino-driven decision -- represent
- Bobby Abreu: Mr. Clutch 2011
Yes, you read the title correctly. Bobby Abreu of the Los Angeles Angeles was Mr. Clutch during the 2011 season. He ended the season with the highest clutch rating in the majors, as measured here
- Rick Jones, Tragic Experiment Gone Awry
could tell the difference.
Drunk with power, the Topps executives decided to take this even further, by creating Rick Jones. The plan was simple: using state-of-the-art Apple II computing
- The End of Bobby Abreu or Just a Time Out?
For the first time in 14 seasons, Bobby Abreu failed to record double-digit totals in both home runs and stolen bases. He picked up 21 steals this season, but his power fell off considerably as he
- Bobby Parnell: Transitioning To Closer
to Bobby Parnell as closer begins now. Even before the K-Rod trade it was clear that Parnell was the team's best in-house option for a long-term closer, but Izzy was allowed to get the six saves he needed
- Photo: Bobby Cox's Face Tattooed on Someone's Thigh
to tattoo Bobby Cox's face on his thigh, now and forever more, is certifiably insane, I can't. Because the team I root for has never won 14 straight division titles under one manager. I'm going to go ahead
- Bobby Parnell & Franklin Gutierrez: Deep League WW
, picking up the hot players and dropping the cold ones just to watch the trend reverse shortly thereafter, I will continue checking out that list.
Bobby Parnell, NYM RP | 3% Owned
It is never too
- Adam Jones' Mysterious Progress
this season, there have also been some bright spots. Among them has to be the offensive contributions of Adam Jones so far this season. Stardom has long been predicted for Jones, who is just 25 years old
- Chipper Jones Unhappy With Basement Dwellers
Jeff Schultz of the Atlanta Journal-Constitution caught up with Chipper Jones today, and he wasn't terribly happy, particularly with some denizens of the lowest floor of houses owned by their mothers
- Andruw Jones Fitted For Pinstripes
The first memory most fans have of Andruw Jones is witnessing the then-teenager terrorize the New York Yankees in Game One of the 1996 World Series. While Jones' Braves ultimately came up short
- Is Andruw Jones A Hall-Of-Famer?
I wrote a piece for ESPN Insider today that talks about defensive metrics and Hall Of Fame voting. The main example used in the story is Andruw Jones, who you might be shocked to learn has
- Bobby Jenks And The Boston Bullpen
effective bullpens in part by picking up righty killer Dan Wheeler and former White Sox closer Bobby Jenks as free agents. In winter that has seen three-year contracts handed out to relievers like
- Crowdsourcing Results: Jones and Volquez
Below are the results for this week’s ADP Crowdsourcing. If you have any suggestions for next week, leave them in the comments for consideration.
My vote: 10
- ADP Crowdsourcing: Adam Jones
Adam Jones always seems to get a ton of love from someone on draft day, then never lives up to the hype and disappoints. However, his transition from 2008 to 2009 was impressive, so he hasn’t always
- Adam Jones Is Never Room Temperature
of month-by-month analysis with Adam Jones as the subject.
Creating outs is the greatest crime in this game of baseball. In April, Jones created many outs
- The Fantasy Slant on Bobby Abreu
Just last week, R.J. Anderson took a look at Bobby Abreu from a real-life standpoint. He asked for a reason why the Angels outfielder had a low BABIP to right field this year, suggesting perhaps
- Educate Me on Bobby Abreu
Bobby Abreu has a .339 wOBA. That figure represents the lowest of Abreu’s career in seasons that he recorded at least 500 plate appearances. The .173 ISO is right in line with his New York seasons
- Chipper Jones Out for the Year with a Torn ACL, Career in Jeopardy; Just How Good Was He?
, where he was 12-for-30 with three homers in nine games for the Braves. So the Braves will miss his bat. But they'll miss his presence even more.
Chipper Jones was drafted by General Manager Bobby
- Liberating Liberated Fandom
this Braves team is probably the most enjoyable one to watch since Andruw Jones and the Baby Braves ruled the roost. Cabrera and Eric Hinske were the only two guys I could think to speak
- Fun With ERA Estimators
- Adam Jones’ Regression At The Plate
I don’t think it’d be a stretch to say that Adam Jones has been a big disappointment at the plate so far in 2010. He came into Saturday’s game batting just .254/.283/.384, and instead of taking
- Andruw Jones Is Alive
George Romero may have never considered the possibility of smiling zombies. The walking undead Andruw Jones is infectious with smiling, and he’s spreading the condition all around the Southside
- FanGraphs Audio: Org Reports, Elijah, Larry Jones
In which the panel survives off deception.
Organizational Reports: Whys and Wherefores
Elijah Dukes: Released
Chipper Jones and Evaluating Situational Play
- Bobby Cox and Band-Aids
Bennett is smarter and more poignant, I switched my style up and will instead focus on the Braves’ reliance on medical tape.
The two feelings Bobby Cox is most familiar with are those of a crimson
- Adam Jones' Offensive Jump
Sherrill, Tony Butler, Kam Mickolio and Adam Jones.
Tillman will team up with 2008 first-rounder Brian Matusz to give Baltimore a deadly one-two punch at the top of the rotation. Sherrill was shipped
- Bobby Crosby May Find a Home Soon
Five seasons ago, Bobby Crosby was fresh off winning the American League Rookie of the Year award and Ronny Cedeno was a quick riser through the Cubs organization. Both looked like promising long
- Andruw Jones & DeWayne Wise Find Jobs
White Sox sign OF Andruw Jones for $500K
Jones’ 2009 season was hardly as well publicized as his 2008 voyage through the depths of offensive hell, but he managed a decent bounce back in 331 plate
- Andruw Jones to the White Sox
According to MLB.com's Alden Gonzalez, the Chicago White Sox have come to terms with Andruw Jones on a one-year, $500K contract with $1M in possible incentives.
Jones famously fell of the face
- ALCS Preview: Is Bobby Abreu Fast?
teams: Bobby Abreu.
In particular, I'd like to try and answer a question that has been bothering me a little since these playoffs began.
The question: Is Bobby Abreu fast?
The answer: It's hard
- Jones Bashes in the 'Burgh
On July 1st, the following scrolled across the transaction wire:
Pittsburgh Pirates purchased the contract of outfielder Garrett Jones from Indianapolis of the International League (AAA).
- A Finish Line for Bobby Cox
as manager of the Braves, people have been wondering how much longer Bobby Cox would be around inside the Atlanta clubhouse.
Today, we got official word from the man himself. Cox will return next season
- The Story of Bobby Jenks
Bobby Jenks is out for the rest of the year and the rumors have begun to fly. See ESPN, the Examiner, RotoWorld, MLBTradeRumors, and even Bob Nightengale chime in with their belief Jenks will get
- Garrett Jones' Arrival
Garrett Jones was drafted by the Atlanta Braves with the last pick of the 14th round in 1999 as a first baseman out of Victor J Andrew High School in Illinois. Jones failed to do much of anything
- Jones' Ranger Resurgence
Andruw Jones bashed three home runs last evening, taking his total up to 14 long balls for the season. Jones' triple-slash line rests at .250/.348/.581, with a wOBA of .392. On a per-at-bat basis
- Adam Jones' Emergence
to be growing at a rapid rate.
Adam Jones in Baltimore got his first taste of regular play last year following the trade to the Orioles from the Seattle Mariners in the Erik Bedard deal. He responded
- Position Battles: Rangers' OF, Pt. 2: Jones and Murphy
repeat performances. Now, let's turn our attention to a guy who has nowhere to go but up (Andruw Jones) and a sophomore fighting to stay in the lineup (David Murphy).
It's difficult to avert one's
- Bobby Jenks: Finesse Pitcher?
As a member of the Angels organization, right-hander Bobby Jenks was something of a mythological figure. The gargantuan 6-3, 280 pounder, selected in the 5th round of the 2000 amateur draft, often
- Home Cooking and Bobby Abreu
Bobby Abreu has long been a fantasy favorite due to his ability to provide help in all five categories. Who can’t use 22 SB from a guy posting a .296-20-100-100 line, like Abreu did last year
- Injuries, Luck and Chipper Jones
Is it better to be lucky or good? Annual injuries aside, Chipper Jones was both of these things in 2008 as he batted over .400 for the first two-and-a-half months of the season. How was he lucky
- Hey, Bobby!
Bobby Abreu has had an incredibly consistent career, at least from an offensive standpoint. From 1998-2007, his OBP never fell below the .393 mark. He has knocked in 98 or more runners each year
- The Lamentation over Jones
When the Mariners caved in to Baltimore's demands and agreed to build a package for Erik Bedard around outfielder Adam Jones, most of the Mariners blogosphere was livid. I personally wrote that I
- Andruw Jones
So far, Andruw Jones hasn't had the start to his Dodger career that anyone would have hoped for. His .149/.259/.234 line would make him a decent hitting pitcher, but as an $18 million dollar per
- Daily Graphing - Jacque Jones
With all talk of the Yankees signing Johnny Damon, it seems like the Cubs signing Jacque Jones to a three year, $16 million contract got lost in the news. Jones is currently a career .280 hitter
- Daily Graphing - Todd Jones
Todd Jones really pissed me off last year. See, I had Guillermo Mota in my fantasy league and when he got injured, Todd Jones pitched so well that Guillermo Mota never got his closer job back. Now