- Marlins Trade for SP Robertson
Florida Marlins acquired LHP Nate Robertson from the Detroit Tigers for LHP Jay Voss.
According to Joe Frisario's MLB.com article, the Tigers are picking up $9.6 million of Robertson's $10
- The Charlie Manuel-Charlie Manuel Duel
Phillies manager Charlie Manuel is known in proper quarters as "Uncle History," and there's a reason for this. The reason is that Charlie Manuel is history made noble savage. Charlie Manuel, you see
- Buying Low: Nate Robertson
are going to spend a lot of money on mediocre pitching, leaving the smart teams to mostly look elsewhere.
So, smart teams, I've got a suggestion. Call the Tigers about Nate Robertson.
- AL $1 Option: Nate Robertson
Last season was a year to forget for Tigers pitcher Nate Robertson. A sprained thumb suffered during Spring Training contributed to him opening the season in the bullpen, a place he was unfamiliar
- David Robertson, or: Location, Location, Location
handing the ball to David Robertson. Minutes later, they felt a lot worse.
We all know Robertson for being a terrific reliever. He was posting silly strikeout rates before every reliever
- Charlie O'Products
Recall former major league catcher Charlie O'Brien, backstop for eleven Cy Young Award winners, personal catcher to Greg Maddux, inventor of hockey-style catcher's mask.
And, in his retirement
- Holds Targets: Bailey, Gregerson and Robertson
if the brittle Huston Street were to get bit by the injury bug again in 2013, but Luke Gregerson is the only other Friar reliever on my draft board in holds + saves leagues.
David Robertson | RP
- Charlie Blackmon in Front of Things
In 1997, noted critic Arthur C. Danto proclaimed the end of art.
In 2011, art is back... and it's spectacular.
Charlie Blackmon in Front of Mattress Discounters Location
- Fish Hook Robertson, Lame Puns Ahoy
Earlier today, the Detroit Tigers traded Nate Robertson to the Florida Marlins for minor leaguer Jay Voss. The move is essentially a body dump for the Tigers, since they’ll be paying for 96% of his
- David Robertson's Injury Worse than First Thought
New York Yankees set-man David Robertson’s status for opening day could be in question. The key high-leverage reliever injured his foot while stumbling on a set of stairs. Robertson - who
- Charlie Blackmon Info: Charlie Blackmon Homered Today
assign their posts, there's one called Charlie Blackmon Info.
"Why is there a category called Charlie Blackmon Info?" a reader might ask -- nor does the author have any intention of discouraging
- Young Charlie Manuel
Young Charlie Manuel fills his shotgun shells with dried black-eyed peas. That way it just stings a little.
Young Charlie Manuel once benched all of West Virginia for not hustling.
- Downs, Robertson, Samardzija: Climbing Depth Charts
% LOB rate), but he's getting consistent late innings work and will help pad that holds total if that's all your looking for.
David Robertson | Yankees
Injuries to Rafael Soriano and Joba
- Excellent Interview with Pirate Charlie Morton
Excellent Interview with Charlie Morton
During the pregame show for WPGB's broadcast of yesterday's Dodgers-Pirates game, Bob Walk interviewed Pittsburgh starter Charlie Morton.
- When Charlie Manuel Forged America
Young fans of base and ball are likely aware that Phillies manager Charlie Manuel is known colloquially as "Uncle History," but they may not be aware of the endeavors that earned him that hallowed
- Charlie Hayes and MVP Voting
, Charlie Hayes got four points, good enough to finish 16th in the MVP voting. Four voting points equals four tenth place votes, two tenth place votes and one ninth place vote, two ninth place votes
- Charlie Furbush, Not Just a LOOGY
Charlie Furbush's transition to reliever has certainly worked out well. After starting 12 games last season and throwing 59.1 innings, Furbush had a 6.83 ERA and a 2.67 K/BB ratio -- with 12 home
- Q&A: Charlie Haeger on the Knuckleball
Charlie Haeger is a practitioner of an increasingly-rare baseball art form. The 27-year-old right-hander is a knuckleball pitcher, meaning he lives and dies with the game’s most unpredictable
- Zen Koan with Charlie Blackmon's Name in It
Is Charlie Blackmon just 3-for-21 since his recall this past Saturday (to replace Carlos Gonzalez, who's on the bereavement list) -- or is he 1-for-1 in an at-bat that will repeat ad infinitum?
- Charlie Morton and the Buccos' Rotation
Charlie Morton – 2 GS, 9.1 IP, 7.31 FIP
Ross Ohlendorf – 1 GS, 5 IP, 7.03 FIP
(Yes, I know the samples are small. The FIP is there just to illustrate how awful some oe the performances have been
- Charlie Morton's Dilemma
Last year, Charlie Morton had an ERA of 7.57, had a stint on the disabled list, and was bounced from the Pirates rotation and ended up back in Triple-A. This year, he has a 1.64 ERA, is averaging
- Sleeper Alert: Charlie Morton
Charlie Morton never lit up prospect lists nor was he once deemed an impact player in the Atlanta Braves minor league system. Last year he found himself traded away to the Pirates in the Nate McLouth
- Charlie Blackmon Info: Blackmon to Start Tuesday
Per Baseball Press, Charlie Blackmon appears set to play left and bat seventh against Tim Stauffer tonight.
- Charlie Hough Does What He Pleases
Charlie Hough does what he pleases, people.
If Charlie Hough were a dandy fop, he would keep handy a dainty kerchief at all times, with which to wipe his brow or nose with victorian decorum
- Don't Give Up On...Charlie Morton
The Pittsburgh Pirates thought they had snagged an under-the-radar starter when the club acquired Charlie Morton (along with prospects Jeff Locke and Gorkys Hernandez) in a June 2009 trade
- Deep Sleeper SP: Charlie Furbush
One of the things I'll be watching this Spring is how the Seattle Mariners are using Charlie Furbush and what kind of results Blake Beavan and Hector Noesi are getting. If you listen
- MLB.com "So Done with Charlie Morton"
Charlie Morton's name.
"What gives?" you're probably thinking -- which, that happens to be the very same question NotGraphs asked of Major League Baseball itself.
"We're just effing bored of him
- Charlie Manuel Tries Corpse of Pope Formosus
back yonder in the year 897 -- when even those who weren't coconuts were coconuts. However, as the history of history teaches us, it was not Pope Stephen VI but rather Charlie Got Damn Manuel who
- Charlie Morton's Crazy Platoon Splits
After Charlie Morton's first three starts of the season, his ERA stood at 1.64, and I noted that his revamped style of pitching simply wouldn't let him keep this up for much longer. Since I wrote
- Video: Charlie Sheen Jacks a Donger
- Charlie Hustle and the Technicolor Dream Coat
- Charlie Blackmon Breaks Foot, Author's Heart
, is the news -- courtesy Hardball Talk's Matthew Pouliot and the internet, generally -- that beautiful stranger Charlie Blackmon has fractured his left foot playing the only game he ever loved.
- FanGraphs Audio: Charlie Wilmoth of Bucs Dugout
… and other timeless classics!
Charlie Wilmoth of Bucs Dugout
Finally, you can subscribe to the podcast via iTunes or other feeder things.
- Charlie Blackmon Has Beard, Twitter Account
The reader might have found himself under the impression of late that, owing to how Charlie Blackmon recently injured himself, that the present author would be looking to use his white-hot prose
- Charlie Blackmon in a Tiger Shirt and Your Memories
When I look at a child, I see the future. When I look at my wife, I see the woman with whom I'll be spending the rest of my life. And, increasingly, whenever I look at Charlie Blackmon, I see
- FanGraphs Audio: Charlie Wilmoth of Bucs Dugout
Charlie Wilmoth is both the manager of SB Nation's Pirates blog Bucs Dugout and an actual, real-live music scholar. He's also the guest on this edition of FanGraphs Audio. Topics
- Charlie Blackmon's Dream, Interpreted via Science
an optimistic description of how the author proposes to interpret Charlie Blackmon's dream with a turtle in it. "Interpret," itself, is also not quite accurate.
"By copying down entries from The Little
- Charlie Blackmon: Deep League Waiver Wire
Today's look at the Deep League Waiver Wire could be very well be construed as sacrilege.
Charlie Blackmon | 0% Owned (Y!) | 1% Owned (ESPN)
While our very own Carson Cistulli is very high
- NLDS Game Three Preview: Chance and Charlie Manuel
, however, there appears to be one resident of Philadelphia who's not feeling too much of it presently -- namely, Mr. Charlie Manuel. With Cole Hamels set to start Game Three this evening (at 8:07 ET
- Offseason Notes: Charlie Blackmon > Brandon Belt
for more on SCOUT, the metric that's "sweeping" the "nation.")
• Charlie Blackmon's AFL motto is veni, vidi, vici. He has a .279/.375/.459 line, but the same exact number of home runs
- FanGraphs Scouting: Bird-Dogging Charlie Furbush
is left-handed, triple-A starter Charlie Furbush. The organization's first call-up option from the triple-A rotation should be Andrew Oliver, leaving his fellow southpaw as an expendable item
- Charlie Blackmon Hits First Home Run, Is Handsome
- NL Starting Pitchers: Carlos Zambrano, Kevin Correia, Charlie Morton
once and awhile. If he played for a team other than the Pirates, he would be owned at a much higher rate.
Charlie Morton, Pirates
Another swashbuckler, Morton’s ERA is even more far fetched than
- Things You Might Not Have Known About Charlie Morton
completely fallen off this year. Pittsburgh got three players in return, though the most major league ready was Charlie Morton. He broke camp in the Pirates' rotation this year, and has been one
- Clint Robinson, Charlie Blackmon, Anthony Slama: Mining the Minors
or Butler, don't bet on seeing him before September.
*Give or take.
Charlie Blackmon, OF
Current Level: Triple-A
Statistics: .328 BA, 4 HRs, 14 RBIs, 5 SBs, 7:8 K:BB ratio over 61
- Rex Brothers, Charlie Furbush, Josh Reddick: Mining the Minors
annual trip to the DL.
Charlie Furbush, SP
Current Level: Triple-A
Statistics: 2-1 W-L; 1.90 ERA; 0.85 WHIP; 32:5 K:BB over 23 2/3 IPs
40-man roster: Yes