- 2014 Predictions: Tampa Bay Rays
games along the way.
How are the Rays going to manage Matt Moore and Chris Archer?
This question needs to taken in two different ways. First off: are either Chris Archer or Matt Moore that big
- Point: Matt Christopher, The Worst
chimed in with The Kid Who Could Only Hit Homers by Matt Christopher (note: my memory fails me. Bates chose a different Christopher novel, only mentioning this book in passing). It's a children's book
- Counterpoint: Matt Christopher, Misunderstood Genius
is in vain, simply because it’s already completed. We have the text that encapsulates our youth, our dynamism, our hope. We have Matt Christopher’s The Kid Who Only Hit Homers.
In Sylvester Coddmyer III
- Vernon Christopher Carter is Freeing Baseballs
This Chris Carter was one of the first freedom campaigns that ever got my attention. Before Brandon Allen, there was Vernon Christopher, the twice-traded minor league slugger with power and patience
- MLBN to Debut 'Christopher Russo Argues with a House Plant'
NEW YORK -- In a move to shake up the format and increase viewership of a failing show, MLB Network will re-brand their program "High Heat with Christopher Russo" to "Christopher Russo Argues
- The True Dickey Effect
- TIPS, A New ERA Estimator
- Why the Toronto Blue Jays Need to Extend Josh Johnson
- Ranking Free Agent Pitchers by TIPS
- The R.A. Dickey Effect - 2013 Edition
- 2014 Preview: Boston Red Sox
- 2014 Preview: New York Yankees
- 2014 Preview: Baltimore Orioles
- 2014 Toronto Blue Jays
- 2014 Detroit Tigers
- AL vs. NL in Free Agency
- 2014 Cleveland Indians
- 2014 Kansas City Royals Preview
- 2014 Preview: Minnesota Twins
- 2014 Preview: Chicago White Sox
- 2014 Oakland Athletics Preview
- 2014 Previews: Texas Rangers
- 2014 Preview: Los Angeles Angels
- Assessing George Springer's Contract Situation
- Ben Revere: Frustratingly Frustrating and False Hope-Inducing
- Big Winners of the Offseason So Far: AL
- The Mariners Need to Help Robinson Cano Help Himself
- A Quick and Dirty Attempt to Find Justin Upton's Trade Value
- Trades from the Trade Value Lists: Part 1 - 2007
- Chris Archer Conquers Lefties
Tampa Bay Rays pitcher Chris Archer lived up to expectations in 2014. While Archer's performance during his rookie season was strong, there were still some questions about his ability moving forward
- The Two Faces of Chris Archer
Opinions™ on the matter. I feel no need to offer more of these, but I do feel a need to talk about Chris Archer's face.
With the subtraction of James Shields and Wade Davis from the Rays’ rotation
- The Unhittable Chris Archer
A little over a month ago, Owen Watson wrote a piece here entitled "Chris Archer and His Elite Slider, and in the piece, he noted that Archer had ramped up the usage of his off-speed stuff this year
- Chris Archer's Luck Turns
Heading into the season, Chris Archer was a pretty popular starting pitcher target in fantasy leagues. He was one of those non-sleeper sleepers, if such a term exists. You know, the guy everyone
- Chris Archer's Early-Season Improvements
After losing David Price to a trade with the Tigers and Alex Cobb to injury, The Rays needed Chris Archer to step up this season. Chris Archer then proceeded to step up this season. He's carrying
- Chris Archer Finally Gets The Call
Coming into the season, right-hander Chris Archer was widely considered the Tampa Bay Rays' best pitching prospect. Our own Marc Hulet ranked him the Rays' second-best prospect overall. So when
- Chris Archer and His Elite Slider
that they’ve thrown so far in 2015:
- Chris Archer is the Game's Best Pitcher
and a 32-ounce bottle of sriracha. Really, I get distracted every time I sit down to write, and I rarely write the piece I originally intended to. My point: I get distracted by things.
Things like Chris Archer
- Another Reason FX's Archer is the Best
Being a fan of comedy jokes, I am a fan of the television show Archer on FX. I realize that adult animation (not that kind of adult animation) isn't for everyone, but if you haven't checked out
- Streaming John Lannan and Chris Archer
others are in a similar situation, and after succeeding with Erasmo Ramirez last night I think John Lannan and Chris Archer are solid bets tonight.
Lannan is facing a struggling Dodgers team and has
- Graph: Chris Archer Among the Greats
Earlier today, the present author utilized a nearly coherent metaphor involving astronomy to illustrate a point about Tampa Bay right-hander Chris Archer -- namely that, not unlike how a star is both
- Thornburg, Archer and Grimm: Mining the Minors
at the moment.
POTENTIAL FANTASY ROLE: Reserve SP in NL 12-team leagues
Chris Archer, Rays SP
CURRENT LEVEL: Majors
MILB STATS: 4-8 W-L, 4.81 ERA, 1.43
- Concerning Chris Archer's Future; A Disappointing Comparison
as fascinated with young talent as those title-starved Indians fans drinking their reasonably priced beverages, and one player who's caught my eye this year is Chris Archer, the 24-year-old, flame-throwing
- FanGraphs Audio: Rays Right-Hander Chris Archer
David Laurila, curator of FanGraphs’ Q&A Series, talks with young Tampa Bay Rays right-hander Chris Archer.
Don't hesitate to direct pod-related correspondence to @cistulli on Twitter
- Chris Archer, Jose Quintana, and Risk Valuation
of the contract signed by Chris Archer yesterday, and by Jose Quintana with the White Sox on March 24th.
- Chris Archer & Danny Hultzen: Waiver Wire
to consider adding Chris Archer and Danny Hultzen.
Tampa Bay Rays
Owners should know
- Linking Chris Archer and the Amazing Kenny Rogers
it a go for the Devil Rays, sort of. In 2012, Chris Archer gave it a go for the regular Rays. Both Standridge and Archer were thrown out. Theirs were the only attempts of the last decade.
On June 21
- Chris Archer May Not Be Using His Best Out Pitch
velocity generally leads to more whiffs, and you can trade whiffs for a few more grounders if you reduce the gap in velocity. Pavlidis specifically mentioned Chris Archer when detailing his findings
- NERD Game Scores: A Chris Archer Resume-Building Event
Highly Rated Game
Tampa Bay at New York AL | 19:05 ET
Archer (109.0 IP, 61 xFIP-) vs. Tanaka (53.1 IP, 79 xFIP-)
To the degree that the reader is a human person, that same reader likely holds
- Sunday Notes: Archer's Innings, Boston's Backstops, much more
Chris Archer's attitude toward stats is a mix of new-school and old-school. The 26-year-old righty realizes pitcher Wins and ERA are influenced by things he can't control. The number he cares most
- Sunday Notes: Felix, Shark, Archer, Sale, Castellanos, more
. There's no reason to back off how much we're using it.”
Chris Archer is throwing his slider 40.1% of the time – only Tyson Ross gos to the pitch more often – and that's not likely
- Sunday Notes: Archer & Ono, De Leon, Medeiros, more
The lead article in this week's column is a little off the wall. Indirectly, it celebrates Yoko Ono: One Woman Show, 1960-1971, which opens today at New York's Museum of Modern Art.