- Ben Revere: Frustratingly Frustrating and False Hope-Inducing
- Chris Archer's Luck Turns
Heading into the season, Chris Archer was a pretty popular starting pitcher target in fantasy leagues. He was one of those non-sleeper sleepers, if such a term exists. You know, the guy everyone
- MLBN to Debut 'Christopher Russo Argues with a House Plant'
NEW YORK -- In a move to shake up the format and increase viewership of a failing show, MLB Network will re-brand their program "High Heat with Christopher Russo" to "Christopher Russo Argues
- Chris Archer, Jose Quintana, and Risk Valuation
of the contract signed by Chris Archer yesterday, and by Jose Quintana with the White Sox on March 24th.
- Assessing George Springer's Contract Situation
- 2014 Preview: Los Angeles Angels
- 2014 Previews: Texas Rangers
- 2014 Oakland Athletics Preview
- 2014 Preview: Chicago White Sox
- 2014 Preview: Minnesota Twins
- 2014 Kansas City Royals Preview
- AL vs. NL in Free Agency
- 2014 Cleveland Indians
- 2014 Detroit Tigers
- 2014 Toronto Blue Jays
- 2014 Preview: Baltimore Orioles
- 2014 Preview: New York Yankees
- 2014 Preview: Boston Red Sox
- 2014 Predictions: Tampa Bay Rays
games along the way.
How are the Rays going to manage Matt Moore and Chris Archer?
This question needs to taken in two different ways. First off: are either Chris Archer or Matt Moore that big
- Chris Archer May Not Be Using His Best Out Pitch
velocity generally leads to more whiffs, and you can trade whiffs for a few more grounders if you reduce the gap in velocity. Pavlidis specifically mentioned Chris Archer when detailing his findings
- The R.A. Dickey Effect - 2013 Edition
- Ranking Free Agent Pitchers by TIPS
- Why the Toronto Blue Jays Need to Extend Josh Johnson
- TIPS, A New ERA Estimator
- Concerning Chris Archer's Future; A Disappointing Comparison
as fascinated with young talent as those title-starved Indians fans drinking their reasonably priced beverages, and one player who's caught my eye this year is Chris Archer, the 24-year-old, flame-throwing
- Chris Archer Finally Gets The Call
Coming into the season, right-hander Chris Archer was widely considered the Tampa Bay Rays' best pitching prospect. Our own Marc Hulet ranked him the Rays' second-best prospect overall. So when
- Counterpoint: Matt Christopher, Misunderstood Genius
is in vain, simply because it’s already completed. We have the text that encapsulates our youth, our dynamism, our hope. We have Matt Christopher’s The Kid Who Only Hit Homers.
In Sylvester Coddmyer III
- Point: Matt Christopher, The Worst
chimed in with The Kid Who Could Only Hit Homers by Matt Christopher (note: my memory fails me. Bates chose a different Christopher novel, only mentioning this book in passing). It's a children's book
- Chris Archer & Danny Hultzen: Waiver Wire
to consider adding Chris Archer and Danny Hultzen.
Tampa Bay Rays
Owners should know
- The True Dickey Effect
- Another Reason FX's Archer is the Best
Being a fan of comedy jokes, I am a fan of the television show Archer on FX. I realize that adult animation (not that kind of adult animation) isn't for everyone, but if you haven't checked out
- Linking Chris Archer and the Amazing Kenny Rogers
it a go for the Devil Rays, sort of. In 2012, Chris Archer gave it a go for the regular Rays. Both Standridge and Archer were thrown out. Theirs were the only attempts of the last decade.
On June 21
- The Two Faces of Chris Archer
Opinions™ on the matter. I feel no need to offer more of these, but I do feel a need to talk about Chris Archer's face.
With the subtraction of James Shields and Wade Davis from the Rays’ rotation
- FanGraphs Audio: Rays Right-Hander Chris Archer
David Laurila, curator of FanGraphs’ Q&A Series, talks with young Tampa Bay Rays right-hander Chris Archer.
Don't hesitate to direct pod-related correspondence to @cistulli on Twitter
- Streaming John Lannan and Chris Archer
others are in a similar situation, and after succeeding with Erasmo Ramirez last night I think John Lannan and Chris Archer are solid bets tonight.
Lannan is facing a struggling Dodgers team and has
- Vernon Christopher Carter is Freeing Baseballs
This Chris Carter was one of the first freedom campaigns that ever got my attention. Before Brandon Allen, there was Vernon Christopher, the twice-traded minor league slugger with power and patience
- Thornburg, Archer and Grimm: Mining the Minors
at the moment.
POTENTIAL FANTASY ROLE: Reserve SP in NL 12-team leagues
Chris Archer, Rays SP
CURRENT LEVEL: Majors
MILB STATS: 4-8 W-L, 4.81 ERA, 1.43