- A More Appropriate Measure of Late-Inning Relievers
- Being Sunny About the Brewers
- Meet the 2016 Mets, A Good Enough Team
- Mike Leake and the Importance of Showing Up
- Proposing a Dodgers Trade for Chris Archer
a reasonable offer for another health-risk arm, maybe the Dodgers should just put together a blockbuster for Chris Archer instead.
Obviously, Archer would cost a ton. Over the summer, I rated him
- Don Mattingly’s Dodgers In the Context of wOBA Expected Runs
- Trying to Figure Out What the Angels Are Doing
- Evaluating the Gap Between ERA and FIP
- Chris Archer Produces a Masterpiece
Amid the ever-increasing dominance of pitching this season, Chris Archer has been a singular figure among the leaderboard of best pitchers during 2015: he's not only a newcomer to the best handful
- Trades from the Trade Value Lists: Part 4 - 2012-2014
- Trades from the Trade Value Lists: Part 3 - 2011
- Trades from the Trade Value Lists: Part 2 - 2008-2010
- Trades from the Trade Value Lists: Part 1 - 2007
- Sunday Notes: Felix, Shark, Archer, Sale, Castellanos, more
. There's no reason to back off how much we're using it.”
Chris Archer is throwing his slider 40.1% of the time – only Tyson Ross gos to the pitch more often – and that's not likely
- A Quick and Dirty Attempt to Find Justin Upton's Trade Value
- NERD Game Scores: A Chris Archer Resume-Building Event
Highly Rated Game
Tampa Bay at New York AL | 19:05 ET
Archer (109.0 IP, 61 xFIP-) vs. Tanaka (53.1 IP, 79 xFIP-)
To the degree that the reader is a human person, that same reader likely holds
- Chris Archer is the Game's Best Pitcher
and a 32-ounce bottle of sriracha. Really, I get distracted every time I sit down to write, and I rarely write the piece I originally intended to. My point: I get distracted by things.
Things like Chris Archer
- The Mariners Need to Help Robinson Cano Help Himself
- The Unhittable Chris Archer
A little over a month ago, Owen Watson wrote a piece here entitled "Chris Archer and His Elite Slider, and in the piece, he noted that Archer had ramped up the usage of his off-speed stuff this year
- Graph: Chris Archer Among the Greats
Earlier today, the present author utilized a nearly coherent metaphor involving astronomy to illustrate a point about Tampa Bay right-hander Chris Archer -- namely that, not unlike how a star is both
- Sunday Notes: Archer & Ono, De Leon, Medeiros, more
The lead article in this week's column is a little off the wall. Indirectly, it celebrates Yoko Ono: One Woman Show, 1960-1971, which opens today at New York's Museum of Modern Art.
- Chris Archer and His Elite Slider
that they’ve thrown so far in 2015:
- Chris Archer's Early-Season Improvements
After losing David Price to a trade with the Tigers and Alex Cobb to injury, The Rays needed Chris Archer to step up this season. Chris Archer then proceeded to step up this season. He's carrying
- Sunday Notes: Archer's Innings, Boston's Backstops, much more
Chris Archer's attitude toward stats is a mix of new-school and old-school. The 26-year-old righty realizes pitcher Wins and ERA are influenced by things he can't control. The number he cares most
- Big Winners of the Offseason So Far: AL
- Chris Archer Conquers Lefties
Tampa Bay Rays pitcher Chris Archer lived up to expectations in 2014. While Archer's performance during his rookie season was strong, there were still some questions about his ability moving forward
- Ben Revere: Frustratingly Frustrating and False Hope-Inducing
- Chris Archer's Luck Turns
Heading into the season, Chris Archer was a pretty popular starting pitcher target in fantasy leagues. He was one of those non-sleeper sleepers, if such a term exists. You know, the guy everyone
- MLBN to Debut 'Christopher Russo Argues with a House Plant'
NEW YORK -- In a move to shake up the format and increase viewership of a failing show, MLB Network will re-brand their program "High Heat with Christopher Russo" to "Christopher Russo Argues
- Chris Archer, Jose Quintana, and Risk Valuation
of the contract signed by Chris Archer yesterday, and by Jose Quintana with the White Sox on March 24th.
- Assessing George Springer's Contract Situation
- 2014 Preview: Los Angeles Angels
- 2014 Previews: Texas Rangers
- 2014 Oakland Athletics Preview
- 2014 Preview: Chicago White Sox
- 2014 Preview: Minnesota Twins
- 2014 Kansas City Royals Preview
- AL vs. NL in Free Agency
- 2014 Cleveland Indians
- 2014 Detroit Tigers
- 2014 Toronto Blue Jays
- 2014 Preview: Baltimore Orioles
- 2014 Preview: New York Yankees
- 2014 Preview: Boston Red Sox
- 2014 Predictions: Tampa Bay Rays
games along the way.
How are the Rays going to manage Matt Moore and Chris Archer?
This question needs to taken in two different ways. First off: are either Chris Archer or Matt Moore that big
- Chris Archer May Not Be Using His Best Out Pitch
velocity generally leads to more whiffs, and you can trade whiffs for a few more grounders if you reduce the gap in velocity. Pavlidis specifically mentioned Chris Archer when detailing his findings
- The R.A. Dickey Effect - 2013 Edition
- Ranking Free Agent Pitchers by TIPS
- Why the Toronto Blue Jays Need to Extend Josh Johnson
- TIPS, A New ERA Estimator
- Concerning Chris Archer's Future; A Disappointing Comparison
as fascinated with young talent as those title-starved Indians fans drinking their reasonably priced beverages, and one player who's caught my eye this year is Chris Archer, the 24-year-old, flame-throwing
- Chris Archer Finally Gets The Call
Coming into the season, right-hander Chris Archer was widely considered the Tampa Bay Rays' best pitching prospect. Our own Marc Hulet ranked him the Rays' second-best prospect overall. So when
- Counterpoint: Matt Christopher, Misunderstood Genius
is in vain, simply because it’s already completed. We have the text that encapsulates our youth, our dynamism, our hope. We have Matt Christopher’s The Kid Who Only Hit Homers.
In Sylvester Coddmyer III
- Point: Matt Christopher, The Worst
chimed in with The Kid Who Could Only Hit Homers by Matt Christopher (note: my memory fails me. Bates chose a different Christopher novel, only mentioning this book in passing). It's a children's book
- Chris Archer & Danny Hultzen: Waiver Wire
to consider adding Chris Archer and Danny Hultzen.
Tampa Bay Rays
Owners should know
- The True Dickey Effect
- Another Reason FX's Archer is the Best
Being a fan of comedy jokes, I am a fan of the television show Archer on FX. I realize that adult animation (not that kind of adult animation) isn't for everyone, but if you haven't checked out
- Linking Chris Archer and the Amazing Kenny Rogers
it a go for the Devil Rays, sort of. In 2012, Chris Archer gave it a go for the regular Rays. Both Standridge and Archer were thrown out. Theirs were the only attempts of the last decade.
On June 21
- The Two Faces of Chris Archer
Opinions™ on the matter. I feel no need to offer more of these, but I do feel a need to talk about Chris Archer's face.
With the subtraction of James Shields and Wade Davis from the Rays’ rotation
- FanGraphs Audio: Rays Right-Hander Chris Archer
David Laurila, curator of FanGraphs’ Q&A Series, talks with young Tampa Bay Rays right-hander Chris Archer.
Don't hesitate to direct pod-related correspondence to @cistulli on Twitter
- Streaming John Lannan and Chris Archer
others are in a similar situation, and after succeeding with Erasmo Ramirez last night I think John Lannan and Chris Archer are solid bets tonight.
Lannan is facing a struggling Dodgers team and has
- Vernon Christopher Carter is Freeing Baseballs
This Chris Carter was one of the first freedom campaigns that ever got my attention. Before Brandon Allen, there was Vernon Christopher, the twice-traded minor league slugger with power and patience
- Thornburg, Archer and Grimm: Mining the Minors
at the moment.
POTENTIAL FANTASY ROLE: Reserve SP in NL 12-team leagues
Chris Archer, Rays SP
CURRENT LEVEL: Majors
MILB STATS: 4-8 W-L, 4.81 ERA, 1.43