- Yankees Look to Mix it Up with D.J. Mitchell
With the big league pitching staff under performing, the New York Yankees front office has been forced to shake things up. In the upheaval, minor league starter D.J. Mitchell finds himself added
- Video: He's the DJ, I'm the Mayor
, but rather Philadelphia mayor Michael Nutter. The man next to him, on the ones and twos, is DJ Jazzy Jeff, who once combined with the Fresh Prince (a.k.a. Will Smith) to sing the songs of our lives
- KATOH's Thoughts on the First-Round Picks
was the lowest of any pitcher drafted in the first round.
25. D.J. Stewart, OF, Baltimore Orioles
D.J. Stewart makes his bones by hitting homers and drawing walks. The Florida State
- Using High-A Stats to Predict Future Performance
- A First Look at Philadelphia's Aaron Nola
- Projecting Rockies Call-Ups Cristhian Adames & Tom Murphy
Adames's future with the Rockies isn't exactly clear. The middle infield combo of Jose Reyes and DJ LeMahieu is slated to return for the 2015 season, and Trevor Story should also be ready sometime soon
- KATOH Projects: Seattle Mariners Prospects
- KATOH Projects: San Francisco Giants Prospects
Once a top Rays prospect, Hak-ju Lee's
- KATOH Projects: Baltimore Orioles Prospects
can lead you astray.
D.J. Stewart, OF
KATOH Projection Through Age 28 (2015 stats): 0.1 WAR
KATOH Projection Through Age 28 (2014 stats): N/A
Dan's Grade: 45 FV
The Orioles took Stewart 25th
- The Comps for Tim Tebow Aren't Encouraging
athleticism (looseness of actions and forearm, wrist and hand strength). There’s a surprising amount of guys, with Dan Vogelbach and D.J. Peterson some recent examples, who look physically like non
- How Telling are a Teenager's A-ball Stats?
Josh Van Meter
There are some highly
- KATOH Projections for the Top 200 Prospects
- KATOH on the Cape: Projecting Cape Cod League Hitters
- Kevin Mitchell Is Here to Help
that. But in the unlikely event that someone does need to take back the streets, may I humbly suggest that Kevin Mitchell be deputized posthaste?
- DJ Kitty Is Here to Help
at the office, at the gym and in the bedroom is not lost on the Tampa Bay Rays, who have hereby put the "wild" and the "card" into "wild card." Please ready an awkward fist-bump for DJ Kitty
- Kicking Rocks: Mitchell Friedman?
playing with third graders who have no understanding of this beloved game.
Ban the head to head format in fantasy baseball. Mitchell Friedman does not deserve a ring.
- Annyong, DJ Kitty
nominated for Best Movie
in a bus
in South Korea.
a paw to my lips
- Poll: Mitchell Boggs and Persian Cats
This is St. Louis Cardinals pitcher Mitchell Boggs:
Like many a reader or writer of NotGraphs, I'm a fan of wacky facial hair, and this here beard-thing is pretty bitchin'.
You know what
- DJ On The Dance Floor
So who had DJ LeMahieu as the fourth most valuable second baseman? According to our mathery, LeMahieu was worth a hair under $19 - more than Brian Dozier, Jason Kipnis, and Robinson Cano. Only Dee
- DJ Lema-Who?
call-up David Dahl). But, on the other side of the offensive equation, there’s only one Rockies player this year who has an OBP over .400. That man is their starting second baseman, DJ LeMahieu.
- Mitchell Boggs and Other Pen Randoms
Mitchell Boggs STL
With his next inning pitched, Boggs will record his 100th MLB inning. That should be an exciting, if ultimately irrelevant round number achievement. Boggs was previously
- Mitchell Boggs: Fantasy Closer Update
reclaiming his job. But what about the guy that replaced him?
After a few days of speculation, Tony LaRussa confirmed to us that Mitchell Boggs is first in line for saves during Franklin's (possibly
- Chris Mitchell on KATOH and Forecasting Prospects
Just before the start of the new year, Chris Mitchell published at The Hardball Times some expanded results from his work on KATOH, the name he's given to a methodology for estimating not only
- The Sleeper and the Bust Episode: 381 – Go DJ, That’s My DJ
What’s different w/TB SPs? (5:15)
Jake Odorizzi, Chris Archer, Drew Smyly
Keon Broxton finally panning out on Spring hype? (14:00)
Jose Ramirez surging (17:10)
- DJ LeMahieu: A Quiet Transformation in Colorado
Heading into the 2012 season, Baseball America wrote of DJ LeMahieu, “Most scouts see him as a singles hitter who doesn’t provide enough beyond his batting average.” BA added that “his fringy speed
- The Rockies Infield - The DJ LeMahieu Show!
, and 2014 was a great story. However, there are plenty of red (or at least yellow) flags regarding his batting average, and he hasn’t really hit for power since 2010.
- OttoGraphs Episode: 3- Prospect Interview with Chris Mitchell
Episode 3 of OttoGraphs is here and we have a special guest- Chris Mitchell, creator of KATOH! We discuss the development of KATOH and the types of players the prospect model prefers, and Chris