- Nelson Figueroa Is Still Good
We know Ed Wade loves his former Phillies. The Astros rotation currently contains three former Phillies pitchers (J.A. Happ, Brett Myers, and Nelson Figueroa), with Figueroa being the latest to get
- Are the Rays Swinging Harder?
- Animated GIF File: Nelson Figueroa Is Neither Menacing, Violent
The reader might have suspected for a moment -- for a rather a long moment, in fact, full of terror on all sides -- that Reno Aces right-hander Nelson Figueroa was intent on throwing a baseball
- Woulda-Coulda-Shoulda: Rodon, Betts, Cron and Closers
on the depth of my rotation. I have a sundry of sleepers that could provide supplemental value: Daniel Norris, Randall Delgado, Jaime Garcia, Rafael Montero, Trevor Cahill and Robbie Erlin
- Wilmer Flores - Just You Wait
I am a chronic off-season Mets rosterbater. Many of my potential Mets trade Tweets are far from rational. Some have included proposals for Troy Tulowitzki, which then leads to trading Daniel Murphy
- Auctions: All About the Bass
Starters: Carlos Carrasco, Jacob deGrom, Drew Hutchison, Henderson Alvarez, Shane Greene, Kyle Lohse, Carlos Martinez, Carlos Rodon, Daniel Norris and Rafael Montero.
Relievers: Brett Cecil
- 2016 Fantasy Baseball Sleepers
, Dustin Pedroia, Daniel Murphy, Ben Zobrist) relative to those who are perhaps over-drafted...
There are a number of NAMES at middle infield who are being over-drafted: Addison Russell
- 2016 Fantasy Baseball Sleepers Cont'd and Ending the Position Scarcity Argument
, Neil Walker, Daniel Murphy, Jung-ho Kang, Brett Lawrie
3B: Chase Headley, Trevor Plouffe, Jake Lamb, Pablo Sandoval, David Wright and Evan Longoria
C: Buster Posey, Kyle Schwarber and Derek
- My NFBC Draft Champions Review
- Corey Dickerson: Thanks "Splits" Page
now, and only Freddie Freeman, Matt Wieters and Daniel Murphy are guys you own that have better rates. While the HR/FB ratio is elite and it would be nice to have more fly balls for home run
- Dan Schwartz's Bold Predictions for 2015 Fantasy Baseball
- Building a Closer Through Outcomes
-backs have Addison Reed, up-and-comer Evan Marshall as well as Daniel Hudson caught touching 97 MPH so if not by outcomes or splits, we can filter Perez out by opportunity.
Darren O'Day and Andrew
- Bullpen Report: August 16, 2014
- Pitcher Over/Under Performers
- Bullpen Report: August 20, 2014
- Bullpen Report: August 23, 2014
- Early 2015 Projections: Adjustment for Position
- Bullpen Report: August 29, 2014
- Bullpen Report: August 30, 2014
- Adjusting Fantasy Value with xBABIP and xHR: AVG/OBP/OPS League Rankings
- Verifying xBABIP potential
- Bullpen Report: September 6th, 2014
- Updated Hitter Shift Data: Effect on xBABIP
- 2015 New York Mets: Commanding Attention
- Bullpen Report: September 13, 2014
- Zack Wheeler: Jered Weaver-like Swing Prevention
- Imagine Yusmeiro Petit with Velocity?
- Guarantee Fairy: Deep League Options
- Bullpen Report: September 19, 2014
- Bullpen Report: September 20, 2014
- End of Season Bullpen Report: "Expected" Fantasy Rankings
- Russell Martin: Lucky son of a BIP(s)
- Travis d'Arnaud: TDA less TBD
- 2015 Steamer (Position-Adjusted) Fantasy Baseball Rankings
- What Happens When Madison Bumgarner is Really On?
- Ballsy with Trevor Cahill
- Pitch Arsenal Score Part Deux
- Mock Battle: Zack Greinke vs Jake Arrieta ('s ADP)
- Mock Battle: Position Scarcity vs Best Actual Value
- The 2015 Michael Brantley: A.J. Pollock
- Balls In Play Expected Homers Leaderboard
- Mock Draft Review and Best of the Rest
- Ultimate Bullpen Guide: Arsenal Score, xBABIP & Rankings
- Mets Bullpen: Fishing and Stomping
- Orioles Bullpen: Thy Sinker
- Marcus Stroman: Your AL East Jordan Zimmermann
- May this Schwartz be with you: 2015 Fantasy Baseball Rankings
- Two Last Draft Tools
- ADP - Draft Position Consistency
- First Starts Validating our New Studs
- Ryan Zimmerman, Jacob deGrom and Sitting on a Fastball
- Waiver Wire Assessment: Contact, ISO and BABIP
- 2016 Fantasy Baseball Rankings (w/ Steamer Proj's)
- Where to Rank the Young Aces?
- Sleeper: Chad Bettis
- Daniel Straily: A Portrait Of Love
Daniel Straily has been called up, analyzed, gushed over, and well-wished. Now he has also been drawn in a manner attempting to channel my inner seventh-grader with a crush. Consider this his
- The REAL Problem with Daniel Bard
The real problem with Daniel Bard -- certainly way more pressing than any velocity or command issues (ahem, Dave Cameron) -- is that he's in space without a space suit. According to Wikipedia
- The Problem With Daniel Bard
On Sunday, Daniel Bard faced thirteen Blue Jays — he got four outs, walked six, hit two more, and gave up a home run for good measure. Despite that being the only hit he allowed, he gave up five runs
- Daily Graphing - Daniel Cabrera
Everywhere I turn, someone seems to be enamored by Orioles pitcher Daniel Cabrera. And why shouldn't they be? He had the 4th highest strikeouts per 9 innings (K/9) of any starting pitcher in 2005
- Daniel Hudson and Upside
When the Arizona Diamondbacks received Daniel Hudson from the White Sox in exchange for Edwin Jackson, there were questions about Daniel Hudson major league future, namely about his potential. We
- It's Time to Buy into Daniel Murphy
Yesterday, Daniel Murphy went 4-5, hitting his fourth home run of the season in the process, and driving his batting line for 2016 up to .398/.449/.663. His 192 wRC+ ranks third best in the big
- Daniel Bard's Undefined Role
cemented that Papelbon was gone, but there was a good deal of speculation that Daniel Bard was the heir apparent to the fireman's role as he was coming off a dominant 2010 campaign.
- Daniel Bard's Filthy Whiffmaker
The pitch you see here was (a) thrown by Daniel Bard to Nick Swisher last year and (b) appears to possess changeup-type (or at least two-seam fastball-type) movement while also traveling at 99
- Welcome to the Majors, Daniel Schlereth
This time last year, Daniel Schlereth was waiting to be drafted by a team. The University of Arizona reliever found himself chosen by the hometown Arizona Diamondbacks in the first round. A few days
- On Daniel Bard and the "Untouchable" Tag
Daniel Bard is a fantastic arm with an ethereal fastball, but the idea that he is untouchable seems chimerical at best and foolish at worst. Since Epstein took over, he’s shown to be willing
- Future Closer: Daniel Schlereth
Reliever Daniel Schlereth was promoted from double-A on May 29. The hard-throwing left-hander was the club's first round draft pick (26th overall) out of the University of Arizona in the 2008 MLB
- Reintroducing Daniel Norris
Most people know Daniel Norris as the bearded guy who lives out of his VW van. Despite the fact that he prefers the coast instead of down by the river, it's still a pretty unique background
- Daniel Webb: Potential Closer
saves in the big leagues.
I think White Sox pitching prospect Daniel Webb merits such a prediction, though.
Webb was drafted by the Blue Jays in the 18th round of the 2010 draft out
- Daniel Cabrera Heads to Washington
Several years back, Daniel Cabrera was one of the more intriguing young arms in the American League East. A hulking 6-9, 270 pound righty who missed plenty of bats (and often the strike zone) while
- Daniel Murphy: Underwhelming or underappreciated?
In 2013, Daniel Murphy defied all expectations by vaunting into the top-five tier of fantasy second basemen, making him one of the best bargains at the keystone sack and a tempting draft target back
- Daniel Murphy & Power Potential
Daniel Murphy has started to command more attention from fantasy owners. He amassed 600 plate appearances for the first time last year and has really locked down the everyday role at second base
- Recent Promotion: Daniel Nava
- GIF, Flip and a Tune: Daniel Vogelbach
field, play this adaptation instead:
Is he Daniel Vogelbach? Is he Vogelbux? Is he Vogelbored? Vogelbroken? Vogelballin?
Today, maybe we decide.
- Microfiction: The Particular Anxiety of Daniel Bard
Daniel Bard was sitting at the breakfast table, considering his spring-training performance with some anxiety.
"More walks than strikeouts?" he said to no one -- as no one was there. "How
- Daniel Hudson vs. Border Sauce
case, between innings during Daniel Hudson's most recent start, Border Sauce Mild apparently found itself out of position and, instead of taking the safe way around, challenged Hudson -- and, one might
- Young Dad Moustachios: Daniel Straily
My fancies were tickled when I tuned into the A's-Indians game just in time to watch Carlos Santana -- a player whom I very much like to watch -- bat against Daniel Straily, another player I like
- Daily Notes: Not for Nothing, Daniel Straily
Table of Contents
Here's the table of contents for today's edition of Daily Notes.
1. Not for Nothing, Daniel Straily
2. Today's Notable Games (Including MLB.TV Free Game)
3. Today's Complete
- Daniel Norris and His 54-Pitch Inning
Daniel Norris began this season fighting for a rotation spot with the Toronto Blue Jays. At just 21 years of age to start the season, the Blue Jays prospect, who made news in Spring Training
- Cards at Second: Daniel Descalso to the Rescue?
; Daniel Descalso and Tyler Greene. Let’s take a look at each.
The 25-year-old spent last season as a utility infielder, playing most of his 148 games, including 61 starts, at third
- Daniel Murphy: A Surprise in the Top 5
In his fourth full big league season, Mets second baseman Daniel Murphy finally fulfilled his fantasy promised and delivered great value to his owners. Likely drafted in the last two rounds or simply
- Nationals Settle for Daniel Murphy's Adequacy
, but the big thing they've actually done is sign Daniel Murphy, pending a physical. According to reports, it's to be a three-year contract, worth $37.5 million.
You remember Murphy for his
- How Unlikely Is Daniel Murphy's Streak?
Daniel Murphy chose a really good time to play some really good baseball. He's hit home runs in six straight games, with a chance to extend that streak once the World Series commences on Tuesday
- Daniel Nava: More Than a Platooner?
with Shane Victorino moving to center and Daniel Nava playing left. But the Sox are obviously kicking the tires on a few others and apparently, one thing helping them is Nava's versatility. With his
- Let's Talk About Daniel Murphy
, the two-headed Kershaw/Greinke monster from Los Angeles, the Cubs' young bats, and the Mets' young arms.
Enter, against this backdrop, Mets' second baseman Daniel Murphy, who prior
- Dramatic Leg-Kick Alert: Tulane's Daniel Rankin
Tulane freshman right-hander Daniel Rankin made the first appearance of his college career about 15 minutes ago. In so doing, he introduced America -- or at least, like, 1/100,000,000 of America
- Daily Notes, Featuring Daniel Straily Information News
Table of Contents
Here's the table of contents for today's edition of Daily Notes.
1. All the Important Daniel Straily News
2. Today's Notable Games (Including MLB.TV Free Game)
- Daily Notes, Featuring a Daniel Straily Debut Event
as poorly as you would treat me.
Featured Game: Toronto at Oakland, 22:05 ET
Regarding This Game, What's Notable About It
What's notable about this game is how 23-year-old right-hander Daniel
- A Brief Post Capitalizing on Daniel Murphy's Unlikely Success
The purpose of this post, nominally, is to provide some manner of brief but substantive comment on the exploits of second baseman Daniel Murphy, which player just recorded his sixth home run
- Daniel Murphy and the Costliest Errors in World Series History
I know this isn't going to help, Mets fans. And I know this might seem like I'm picking on Daniel Murphy which isn't fair because Daniel Murphy, by himself, has never lost the Mets a game and Daniel
- JABO: Daniel Murphy's Most Surprising Home Run
The postseason always provides some surprising storylines, but this year, nothing has been more unexpected than Daniel Murphy turning into Babe Ruth. The Mets second baseman is mostly known for his
- GIF of Wonder: Daniel Bard's 94 mph Changepiece
Daniel Bard threw 17 pitches in the Red Sox' victory over the Yankees on Sunday night, but only one those (i.e. those pitches) was a changeup -- the 3-2 pitch to Mark Teixeira you see GIF'd below
- JABO: The Making of Postseason Legend Daniel Murphy
is waving it fair. And a Yankee Stadium crowd is yelling “Reggie. Reggie. Reggie.” They’re all there, because they’re now part of who we are as a collective baseball mind.
And so we come to Daniel
- Back-End Bucco Starter: Daniel McCutchen
prospect named McCutchen: Daniel McCutchen.
Like Ohlendorf, McCutchen is a 26 year-old college product. The Yankees selected the Oklahoma Sooner in the 13th round of the 2006 amateur draft. That the 6-2
- Q&A: Daniel Bard: Data-Influenced Conversion
Daniel Bard is moving into the Red Sox rotation this summer, and according to the stat-savvy flamethrower, data supports the decision. Bard went 2-9, 3.33 as a set-up man last year, but those aren’t
- Adam Morgan v. Daniel Corcino (2013)
and Daniel Corcino of the Reds organization.
Let’s start with Morgan. He has a lean frame, and I’d say he might even be a touch taller than his six-foot-one-inch listing. His delivery is pretty standard
- Do We All Still Underrate Daniel Murphy?
for draft picks and prospect upgrades. (Without boring you with too many details, each of the 12 teams keeps eight major-league players per year.)
Daniel Murphy is one guy I was openly shopping
- Can Daniel Murphy Survive BABIP Drop?
Daniel Murphy entered the 2008 season not even among the Mets’ top 10 prospects according to Baseball America. Prospect maven John Sickels gave him a “C” grade but called him a sleeper. Yet Murphy
- Daniel Bard in the Rotation: So Far, So Good
The Red Sox moving Daniel Bard to the rotation has been a hotly debated move in Red Sox Nation this spring. But after two starts, it’s clear that Boston at least had the right idea in letting Bard
- Daniel Nava and Yonder Alonso: Waiver Wire Help
are a couple of guys who might be helpful adds as part-time injury fill-ins who could blossom into full-time fantasy stars.
Daniel Nava, BOS |OF| Ownership: ESPN - 26.2% Yahoo - 9.0%
With David Ortiz
- Daniel Norris and Rougned Odor in Long Term Leagues
Two of the younger players in the American League, Rougned Odor and Daniel Norris, were popular on draft day in many leagues, especially deeper leagues or long term leagues such as dynasty formats
- Daniel Norris: Next Blue Jay in Line
Just two starts into his Triple-A career, it’s clear why the Blue Jays gave Daniel Norris a $2M signing bonus when they drafted him in the second round of the 2011 draft out of Science Hill High
- Patience Pays Off for Daniel Nava, Red Sox
You’ve probably heard the Daniel Nava story before. He went undrafted out of college, was initially cut by the independent Chico Outlaws, and when the Red Sox did sign him, they only paid $1. (Boston
- Q&A: Daniel Norris, Blue Jays Pitching Prospect
Daniel Norris seemed intrigued when I suggested he might be the next Drake Britton. It is an apples-to-orange comparison -- the latter underwent Tommy John surgery and Norris‘s worst malady has been
- Daniel Nava, Jonny Gomes, and Throwing Out the Platoon
together a cost-effective and productive platoon situation in 2013.
Returnee Daniel Nava would hit the righties (and he did, with a .392 wOBA), and free agent acquisition Jonny Gomes would hit
- Daniel Murphy, Paternity Leave, Boomer Esiason's Lobotomy, and the White House
Mets second baseman and sports'-only-parental-role-model Daniel Murphy was in the news in April when he missed the first two games of the season to be with his wife for the birth of their son
- Daniel Murphy, Laynce Nix and Casey Blake: Deep League Waiver Wire
Daniel Murphy | 1% Owned (Y!) | 0% Owned (ESPN)
After the ousting of Brad Emaus as the Mets’ everyday second baseman, Murphy backed his way into consistent playing time in New York. Murphy
- Brad Hand & Daniel Nava: Deep League Waiver Wire
Daniel Nava / OF / Boston Red Sox
4 percent Yahoo / 1.2 percent ESPN / 10 percent CBS ownership
Yes, we know that Nava isn’t quite as good as his solid 2013 campaign at times suggested