- My NFBC Draft Champions Review
- Building a Closer Through Outcomes
-backs have Addison Reed, up-and-comer Evan Marshall as well as Daniel Hudson caught touching 97 MPH so if not by outcomes or splits, we can filter Perez out by opportunity.
Darren O'Day and Andrew
- Pitcher Over/Under Performers
year. Wade Davis, Brandon League, Kelvin Herrera, Roberto Hernandez, Jonathan Papelbon, Jake McGee and Garrett Richards makeup the top 7 from this category. However, if we filter by “Skill”, Wade
- End of Season Bullpen Report: "Expected" Fantasy Rankings
with Clayton Kershaw (14.99), Corey Kluber (12.58), Felix Hernandez (12.17) or David Price (11.48).
- 2015 New York Mets: Commanding Attention
repertoire. Other good examples of this effect in the top 10 are Doug Fister, Garrett Richards, Felix Hernandez and Sonny Gray. Alex Cobb, Jarred Cosart, Jered Weaver, Jake Arrieta, Dallas Keuchel and Tyson
- Guarantee Fairy: Deep League Options
On the other hand, and don’t get upset, here are some starters likely to regress somewhat:
Chris Sale, Corey Kluber, Felix Hernandez, Alex Wood, Jon Lester, Jordan Zimmermann, Johnny Cueto
- Mock Battle: Zack Greinke vs Jake Arrieta ('s ADP)
- Pitch Arsenal Score Part Deux
will be distinguishable from Eno's initial list based on the weights, but the names within each cluster will look similar.
When you get Felix Hernandez and Corey Kluber in the top 5 and Kevin Correia dead
- Felix Hernandez and the AL MVP
candidacy, but in running through the other candidates for AL MVP, I wrote this:
Robinson Cano only has eight home runs and will probably split any votes he might get with Felix Hernandez, who would
- Daily Notes, Featuring Daniel Straily Information News
Table of Contents
Here's the table of contents for today's edition of Daily Notes.
1. All the Important Daniel Straily News
2. Today's Notable Games (Including MLB.TV Free Game)
- Woulda-Coulda-Shoulda: Rodon, Betts, Cron and Closers
on the depth of my rotation. I have a sundry of sleepers that could provide supplemental value: Daniel Norris, Randall Delgado, Jaime Garcia, Rafael Montero, Trevor Cahill and Robbie Erlin
- Wilmer Flores - Just You Wait
I am a chronic off-season Mets rosterbater. Many of my potential Mets trade Tweets are far from rational. Some have included proposals for Troy Tulowitzki, which then leads to trading Daniel Murphy
- Auctions: All About the Bass
Starters: Carlos Carrasco, Jacob deGrom, Drew Hutchison, Henderson Alvarez, Shane Greene, Kyle Lohse, Carlos Martinez, Carlos Rodon, Daniel Norris and Rafael Montero.
Relievers: Brett Cecil
- 2016 Fantasy Baseball Sleepers
, Dustin Pedroia, Daniel Murphy, Ben Zobrist) relative to those who are perhaps over-drafted...
There are a number of NAMES at middle infield who are being over-drafted: Addison Russell
- 2016 Fantasy Baseball Sleepers Cont'd and Ending the Position Scarcity Argument
, Neil Walker, Daniel Murphy, Jung-ho Kang, Brett Lawrie
3B: Chase Headley, Trevor Plouffe, Jake Lamb, Pablo Sandoval, David Wright and Evan Longoria
C: Buster Posey, Kyle Schwarber and Derek
- Corey Dickerson: Thanks "Splits" Page
now, and only Freddie Freeman, Matt Wieters and Daniel Murphy are guys you own that have better rates. While the HR/FB ratio is elite and it would be nice to have more fly balls for home run
- Dan Schwartz's Bold Predictions for 2015 Fantasy Baseball
- Bullpen Report: August 16, 2014
- Bullpen Report: August 20, 2014
- Bullpen Report: August 23, 2014
- Early 2015 Projections: Adjustment for Position
- Bullpen Report: August 29, 2014
- Bullpen Report: August 30, 2014
- Adjusting Fantasy Value with xBABIP and xHR: AVG/OBP/OPS League Rankings
- Verifying xBABIP potential
- Bullpen Report: September 6th, 2014
- Updated Hitter Shift Data: Effect on xBABIP
- Bullpen Report: September 13, 2014
- Zack Wheeler: Jered Weaver-like Swing Prevention
- Imagine Yusmeiro Petit with Velocity?
- Bullpen Report: September 19, 2014
- Bullpen Report: September 20, 2014
- Russell Martin: Lucky son of a BIP(s)
- Travis d'Arnaud: TDA less TBD
- 2015 Steamer (Position-Adjusted) Fantasy Baseball Rankings
- What Happens When Madison Bumgarner is Really On?
- Ballsy with Trevor Cahill
- Mock Battle: Position Scarcity vs Best Actual Value
- The 2015 Michael Brantley: A.J. Pollock
- Balls In Play Expected Homers Leaderboard
- Mock Draft Review and Best of the Rest
- Ultimate Bullpen Guide: Arsenal Score, xBABIP & Rankings
- Mets Bullpen: Fishing and Stomping
- Orioles Bullpen: Thy Sinker
- Marcus Stroman: Your AL East Jordan Zimmermann
- May this Schwartz be with you: 2015 Fantasy Baseball Rankings
- Two Last Draft Tools
- ADP - Draft Position Consistency
- First Starts Validating our New Studs
- Ryan Zimmerman, Jacob deGrom and Sitting on a Fastball
- Waiver Wire Assessment: Contact, ISO and BABIP
- 2016 Fantasy Baseball Rankings (w/ Steamer Proj's)
- Where to Rank the Young Aces?
- Sleeper: Chad Bettis
- Daniel Straily: A Portrait Of Love
Daniel Straily has been called up, analyzed, gushed over, and well-wished. Now he has also been drawn in a manner attempting to channel my inner seventh-grader with a crush. Consider this his
- Happy Birthday, Keith Hernandez
In honor of the 58th birthday of Keith Hernandez -- board-certified Magnificent Bastard -- I'm re-posting Rob Perri's objectively perfect short film titled "I'm Keith Hernandez." I might just make
- The REAL Problem with Daniel Bard
The real problem with Daniel Bard -- certainly way more pressing than any velocity or command issues (ahem, Dave Cameron) -- is that he's in space without a space suit. According to Wikipedia
- Feast of St. Hernandez the Prolific
Hernandez throws a pitch called The Leg of the Devil.
Today, February 20th, we acknowledge and celebrate the life of Hernandez the Prolific.
Hernandez the Prolific
Life: A Cuban emigre
- The Cultural Importance of Keith Hernandez
Some younger fans might think of Keith Hernandez as nothing more than the guy who sawed logs in the Mets' broadcast booth. But back in the day, Hernandez was -- and affected eloquence has no place
- The Problem With Daniel Bard
On Sunday, Daniel Bard faced thirteen Blue Jays — he got four outs, walked six, hit two more, and gave up a home run for good measure. Despite that being the only hit he allowed, he gave up five runs
- Daily Graphing - Daniel Cabrera
Everywhere I turn, someone seems to be enamored by Orioles pitcher Daniel Cabrera. And why shouldn't they be? He had the 4th highest strikeouts per 9 innings (K/9) of any starting pitcher in 2005
- Keith Hernandez Is Not Himself
The Hollywood, California picture-show movie executive thought he was making a demand that would be met. "You'll play yourself," he thundered at Keith Hernandez and then offered a liver-spotted hand
- Daniel Hudson and Upside
When the Arizona Diamondbacks received Daniel Hudson from the White Sox in exchange for Edwin Jackson, there were questions about Daniel Hudson major league future, namely about his potential. We
- Daniel Bard's Undefined Role
cemented that Papelbon was gone, but there was a good deal of speculation that Daniel Bard was the heir apparent to the fireman's role as he was coming off a dominant 2010 campaign.
- Angel Hernandez Is Scaring You
This is a video still of third-base umpire Angel Hernandez, from the 8th inning of last night's Indians-Royals game.
As someone who watched this game in its entirety, I can assure you
- Side by Side: Liriano and Hernandez
They say that 50 is the new 40, but I like to say that Francisco Liriano is the new Felix Hernandez. Seattle's Hernandez made a splash in his major debut last year, going 4-4 with a 2.67 ERA
- Daniel Bard's Filthy Whiffmaker
The pitch you see here was (a) thrown by Daniel Bard to Nick Swisher last year and (b) appears to possess changeup-type (or at least two-seam fastball-type) movement while also traveling at 99
- Rays Sign Roberto Hernandez
The Rays began life after James Shields in earnest with their first transaction since the big move Wednesday. The club is reportedly close to inking pitcher Roberto Hernandez -- formerly and better
- Mustache Watch: Keith Hernandez
Breaking mustache news in The New York Times last week:
Keith Hernandez’s mustache has rarely left its perch below his nose in his adult life. It is the thicker, longer cousin to his eyebrows
- Welcome to the Majors, Daniel Schlereth
This time last year, Daniel Schlereth was waiting to be drafted by a team. The University of Arizona reliever found himself chosen by the hometown Arizona Diamondbacks in the first round. A few days
- On Daniel Bard and the "Untouchable" Tag
Daniel Bard is a fantastic arm with an ethereal fastball, but the idea that he is untouchable seems chimerical at best and foolish at worst. Since Epstein took over, he’s shown to be willing
- Future Closer: Daniel Schlereth
Reliever Daniel Schlereth was promoted from double-A on May 29. The hard-throwing left-hander was the club's first round draft pick (26th overall) out of the University of Arizona in the 2008 MLB
- Reintroducing Daniel Norris
Most people know Daniel Norris as the bearded guy who lives out of his VW van. Despite the fact that he prefers the coast instead of down by the river, it's still a pretty unique background
- Daniel Webb: Potential Closer
saves in the big leagues.
I think White Sox pitching prospect Daniel Webb merits such a prediction, though.
Webb was drafted by the Blue Jays in the 18th round of the 2010 draft out
- Welcome To The Show, David Hernandez
are in town to take on the Orioles. Making his major league debut, David Hernandez will be starting for the O's.
Hernandez is one of those divisive prospects who puts up numbers that dwarf his
- Livan Hernandez's Crazy Streak
Since 1998, three things have been constant: death, taxes, and Livan Hernandez starting at least 30 Major League Baseball games. Hernandez, despite bouncing between eight teams in these 12 seasons
- Daniel Cabrera Heads to Washington
Several years back, Daniel Cabrera was one of the more intriguing young arms in the American League East. A hulking 6-9, 270 pound righty who missed plenty of bats (and often the strike zone) while
- Daniel Murphy: Underwhelming or underappreciated?
In 2013, Daniel Murphy defied all expectations by vaunting into the top-five tier of fantasy second basemen, making him one of the best bargains at the keystone sack and a tempting draft target back
- Roberto Hernandez is Not Fausto Carmona
Yes, well obviously Roberto Hernandez is not Fausto Carmona. The name Fausto Carmona belongs to someone else, and though the history of Cleveland Indians starting pitcher "Fausto Carmona" belongs
- Daniel Murphy & Power Potential
Daniel Murphy has started to command more attention from fantasy owners. He amassed 600 plate appearances for the first time last year and has really locked down the everyday role at second base
- Is Felix Hernandez Hurting?
Fresh off of the worst start of his career, Felix Hernandez is in the rundown for every baseball show on television. Often so far, the producer's notes have asked the analysts to wonder if the team
- Iannetta, Hernandez: Catchers On The Move
continue to be among the top half of fantasy catchers next season.
To replace Iannetta the Rockies signed veteran Ramon Hernandez. The soon to be 36-year-old hasn’t collected more than 352 plate
- Going Bananas for Kiké Hernandez
Kendrick’s hamstring strain will leave sidelined for at least three weeks.
Enrique Hernandez (aka Kike, pronounced Key-kay) was essentially a throw-in piece in the Dee Gordon-Andrew Heaney deal
- Felix Hernandez's Velocity
Last week, the Seattle Mariners inked their ace, Felix Hernandez, to a $175 million extension for the next seven years. The dominating righty will be entering his age-27 season this year, meaning
- Recent Promotion: Daniel Nava
- Daily Graphing - Orlando Hernandez
Pending commissioner approval, the White Sox will send Orlando "El Duque" Hernandez to the Diamondbacks along with Luis Vizcaino, and minor league outfielder Chris Young in exchange for Javier
- The Curious Case of Felix Hernandez
During last night's Fantasy Baseball Roundtable radio show that I participate in every Wednesday night, I was asked in one of our regular segments whether Felix Hernandez would remain an effective
- Felix Hernandez and Missing Velocity
When Felix Hernandez broke into the Majors as a 19-year-old, he threw the ball really hard. Here's the Pitch F/x plot of his start against the Oakland A's on April 2nd, 2007, the first for which we
- Q&A: Felix Hernandez
Few, if any, hurlers combine overpowering stuff and pitching acumen quite like Felix Hernandez. The Mariners workhorse has dominated the American League each of the past two-plus seasons, going
- Felix Hernandez and Situational Pitching
We've got a lot of weeks ahead of debating Felix Hernandez vs. Corey Kluber, as the Cy Young race seems like it ought to be a dead heat. Several different elements come into play, and to be perfectly
- Felix Hernandez's Other Weapon
Wednesday afternoon in Tampa Bay, Felix Hernandez wrapped up a complete-game shutout. It was just his second in the past three seasons, but you shouldn't let that fool you. He's one of the best
- GIF, Flip and a Tune: Daniel Vogelbach
field, play this adaptation instead:
Is he Daniel Vogelbach? Is he Vogelbux? Is he Vogelbored? Vogelbroken? Vogelballin?
Today, maybe we decide.
- Microfiction: The Particular Anxiety of Daniel Bard
Daniel Bard was sitting at the breakfast table, considering his spring-training performance with some anxiety.
"More walks than strikeouts?" he said to no one -- as no one was there. "How
- Daniel Hudson vs. Border Sauce
case, between innings during Daniel Hudson's most recent start, Border Sauce Mild apparently found itself out of position and, instead of taking the safe way around, challenged Hudson -- and, one might
- Livan Hernandez: Beginnings, Ends, and Middles
It would be hard to call Livan Hernandez's retirement surprising, but some people such as myself were probably a bit taken aback because we assumed he had already retired. That is not meant
- Young Dad Moustachios: Daniel Straily
My fancies were tickled when I tuned into the A's-Indians game just in time to watch Carlos Santana -- a player whom I very much like to watch -- bat against Daniel Straily, another player I like
- Daily Notes: Not for Nothing, Daniel Straily
Table of Contents
Here's the table of contents for today's edition of Daily Notes.
1. Not for Nothing, Daniel Straily
2. Today's Notable Games (Including MLB.TV Free Game)
3. Today's Complete
- Daniel Norris and His 54-Pitch Inning
Daniel Norris began this season fighting for a rotation spot with the Toronto Blue Jays. At just 21 years of age to start the season, the Blue Jays prospect, who made news in Spring Training
- Cards at Second: Daniel Descalso to the Rescue?
; Daniel Descalso and Tyler Greene. Let’s take a look at each.
The 25-year-old spent last season as a utility infielder, playing most of his 148 games, including 61 starts, at third
- The Value of Ramon Hernandez is Dropping Fast
on the wall and it's only a matter of time before Ramon Hernandez becomes a wasted pick for you. Wilin Rosario is the catcher-of-the-future in Colorado and when he made the 25-man roster over this past
- Phillies Grab Whatever Roberto Hernandez Is
is and isn't sustainable. All of us want to be fortune tellers.
The Phillies signed Roberto Hernandez today, as a starting pitcher. He's going to get a base salary around $4.5 million, and with incentives he
- Daniel Murphy: A Surprise in the Top 5
In his fourth full big league season, Mets second baseman Daniel Murphy finally fulfilled his fantasy promised and delivered great value to his owners. Likely drafted in the last two rounds or simply
- Nationals Settle for Daniel Murphy's Adequacy
, but the big thing they've actually done is sign Daniel Murphy, pending a physical. According to reports, it's to be a three-year contract, worth $37.5 million.
You remember Murphy for his
- Orioles Pick Hernandez Over Tillman
that David Hernandez, and not Tillman, would be the team's fifth starter. Tillman will head down to AAA where he can continue honing his craft with an eye at a mid-season call-up.
- How Unlikely Is Daniel Murphy's Streak?
Daniel Murphy chose a really good time to play some really good baseball. He's hit home runs in six straight games, with a chance to extend that streak once the World Series commences on Tuesday
- Nothing to Say About Angel Hernandez
ball to have bounced off a railing behind the official yellow line. The video was conclusive -- Rosales hit a home run, and the A's had the game tied. Then Angel Hernandez and the umpiring crew re
- Daniel Nava: More Than a Platooner?
with Shane Victorino moving to center and Daniel Nava playing left. But the Sox are obviously kicking the tires on a few others and apparently, one thing helping them is Nava's versatility. With his
- Let's Talk About Daniel Murphy
, the two-headed Kershaw/Greinke monster from Los Angeles, the Cubs' young bats, and the Mets' young arms.
Enter, against this backdrop, Mets' second baseman Daniel Murphy, who prior
- Colorado Selects Hernandez as Bridge to Rosario
will replace Iannetta at backstop with the second move, the signing of Ramon Hernandez to a two-year, $6.5 million contract.
As far as catchers go, it's difficult to find any with the on-base
- Comparing Livan Hernandez and Randy Johnson
Prior to the start of the 2009 season, the thought of comparing Livan Hernandez and Randy Johnson was ludicrous. Mets fans rolled their eyes when the club signed Hernandez while Giants fans were
- Contract Crowdsourcing 2013-14: Roberto Hernandez
is likely to receive, FanGraphs is also requesting that readers make note of how much they'd pay each free agent were they, themselves, actual GMs.
In this edition: Robert Hernandez.
- Roberto Hernandez Heads to the Land of Cheesesteak
No, not the Roberto Hernandez who saved 326 games and spent his career in the bullpen, silly. It's the Roberto Hernandez who became the artist formerly known as Fausto Carmona of course! After
- Felix Hernandez - Taking It To The Next Level?
performance of some of the game's elite, and determine whether they in fact have taken things to the next level. Today, Felix Hernandez.
Since his arrival at the major league level in 2005 at age
- The Daily Grind: Hernandez, Conger, Eaton
Farnsworth on Hernandez
GB / FB Splits
Tomorrow's Targets - Hutchison, Fister, Conger, Eaton
1. Farnsworth on Hernandez
Colleague and hitting guru
- Numbers as Narrative: Bell, Hernandez, Pujols
, or Wikipedia. Is he okay?
David Hernandez, RHSP, Baltimore
Let's play a game. The game is called One of These Things Is not Like the Other. The first thing you do is look at some numbers. Second
- Dramatic Leg-Kick Alert: Tulane's Daniel Rankin
Tulane freshman right-hander Daniel Rankin made the first appearance of his college career about 15 minutes ago. In so doing, he introduced America -- or at least, like, 1/100,000,000 of America
- Felix Hernandez, Superstars, and Frictional Costs
are apparently set to sign Felix Hernandez to the largest contract ever given to a Major League pitcher. The total commitment is $175 million over seven years. It's a staggering amount for a guy who wasn't
- Nickname Seeks Player: Livan Hernandez
- Daily Notes, Featuring a Daniel Straily Debut Event
as poorly as you would treat me.
Featured Game: Toronto at Oakland, 22:05 ET
Regarding This Game, What's Notable About It
What's notable about this game is how 23-year-old right-hander Daniel
- A Brief Post Capitalizing on Daniel Murphy's Unlikely Success
The purpose of this post, nominally, is to provide some manner of brief but substantive comment on the exploits of second baseman Daniel Murphy, which player just recorded his sixth home run
- Daniel Murphy and the Costliest Errors in World Series History
I know this isn't going to help, Mets fans. And I know this might seem like I'm picking on Daniel Murphy which isn't fair because Daniel Murphy, by himself, has never lost the Mets a game and Daniel
- JABO: Daniel Murphy's Most Surprising Home Run
The postseason always provides some surprising storylines, but this year, nothing has been more unexpected than Daniel Murphy turning into Babe Ruth. The Mets second baseman is mostly known for his
- GIF of Wonder: Daniel Bard's 94 mph Changepiece
Daniel Bard threw 17 pitches in the Red Sox' victory over the Yankees on Sunday night, but only one those (i.e. those pitches) was a changeup -- the 3-2 pitch to Mark Teixeira you see GIF'd below
- JABO: The Making of Postseason Legend Daniel Murphy
is waving it fair. And a Yankee Stadium crowd is yelling “Reggie. Reggie. Reggie.” They’re all there, because they’re now part of who we are as a collective baseball mind.
And so we come to Daniel
- Livan Hernandez and the Strike Zone He Made
As our own brilliant and enviably popular Jeff Sullivan demonstrated recently, Livan Hernandez -- who announced his retirement on Wednesday -- survived in baseball for 17 years by making his own
- Back-End Bucco Starter: Daniel McCutchen
prospect named McCutchen: Daniel McCutchen.
Like Ohlendorf, McCutchen is a 26 year-old college product. The Yankees selected the Oklahoma Sooner in the 13th round of the 2006 amateur draft. That the 6-2
- Q&A: Daniel Bard: Data-Influenced Conversion
Daniel Bard is moving into the Red Sox rotation this summer, and according to the stat-savvy flamethrower, data supports the decision. Bard went 2-9, 3.33 as a set-up man last year, but those aren’t
- Felix Hernandez Reportedly Getting Blockbuster Contract
At present, Felix Hernandez, Justin Verlander, and Clayton Kershaw are three of the very greatest starting pitchers in the game. They're also all two years away from free-agent eligibility, so
- Adam Morgan v. Daniel Corcino (2013)
and Daniel Corcino of the Reds organization.
Let’s start with Morgan. He has a lean frame, and I’d say he might even be a touch taller than his six-foot-one-inch listing. His delivery is pretty standard
- Do We All Still Underrate Daniel Murphy?
for draft picks and prospect upgrades. (Without boring you with too many details, each of the 12 teams keeps eight major-league players per year.)
Daniel Murphy is one guy I was openly shopping
- Scouting Report: St. Paul Saints' Jose Hernandez
and trivia and people getting dunked in cottage cheese between the innings, but I pay more attention than most to what's going on during the game. It's because of this that I got to see Jose Hernandez
- Can Daniel Murphy Survive BABIP Drop?
Daniel Murphy entered the 2008 season not even among the Mets’ top 10 prospects according to Baseball America. Prospect maven John Sickels gave him a “C” grade but called him a sleeper. Yet Murphy
- Nickname Seeks Player: Vote on "Livan Hernandez"
. Which player should be nicknamed "Liván Hernández"? Make with the democracy below ...
Which player should be nicknamed "Livan Hernandez"?
- No Signs of Decline from Felix Hernandez... Yet
He's 27, so maybe it's not surprising. But over 1800 innings into his career, Felix Hernandez isn't really showing any signs of decline yet. Well, if you ignore one stat.
Far from declining
- Daniel Bard in the Rotation: So Far, So Good
The Red Sox moving Daniel Bard to the rotation has been a hotly debated move in Red Sox Nation this spring. But after two starts, it’s clear that Boston at least had the right idea in letting Bard
- Daniel Nava and Yonder Alonso: Waiver Wire Help
are a couple of guys who might be helpful adds as part-time injury fill-ins who could blossom into full-time fantasy stars.
Daniel Nava, BOS |OF| Ownership: ESPN - 26.2% Yahoo - 9.0%
With David Ortiz
- Daniel Norris and Rougned Odor in Long Term Leagues
Two of the younger players in the American League, Rougned Odor and Daniel Norris, were popular on draft day in many leagues, especially deeper leagues or long term leagues such as dynasty formats
- Daniel Norris: Next Blue Jay in Line
Just two starts into his Triple-A career, it’s clear why the Blue Jays gave Daniel Norris a $2M signing bonus when they drafted him in the second round of the 2011 draft out of Science Hill High
- Patience Pays Off for Daniel Nava, Red Sox
You’ve probably heard the Daniel Nava story before. He went undrafted out of college, was initially cut by the independent Chico Outlaws, and when the Red Sox did sign him, they only paid $1. (Boston
- Q&A: Daniel Norris, Blue Jays Pitching Prospect
Daniel Norris seemed intrigued when I suggested he might be the next Drake Britton. It is an apples-to-orange comparison -- the latter underwent Tommy John surgery and Norris‘s worst malady has been
- Daniel Nava, Jonny Gomes, and Throwing Out the Platoon
together a cost-effective and productive platoon situation in 2013.
Returnee Daniel Nava would hit the righties (and he did, with a .392 wOBA), and free agent acquisition Jonny Gomes would hit
- Daily Notes: An Ideal Occasion for Enjoying Felix Hernandez
. Today's Complete Schedule
Featured Game: Seattle at Pittsburgh, 12:35 ET
Regarding This Game, One of Its Virtues
One of the virtues of this game is how, in Felix Hernandez (50.2 IP, 65 xFIP-, 1.6
- Cesar Hernandez & Xavier Scruggs: Deep League Wire
, the players listed in this column are better suited for mono leagues, and the ownership percentages are by way of CBS.
Cesar Hernandez / 2B/3B/SS / Philadelphia Phillies / 11%
Take it from this Mets
- Baseball Card Tourney: Backman vs Hernandez
on. This week we have two classic Mets figures going head to head. Could we have another fire and ice pairing? Looks like it.
#2 1981 Donruss Keith Hernandez
Listen, the stratedery is clear. I've got
- Christian Vazquez & Enrique Hernandez: Deep League Wire
that by saying they should have an excellent offense -- and he should garner the majority of the at-bats behind the plate. In a deep league, that's all you need to warrant an add.
- Felix Hernandez, John Jaso Outwit the Rays
Felix Hernandez's perfect game on Wednesday was a testament to both his excellent stuff, but also a well-deserved outcome for an excellent game plan executed by he and catcher John Jaso. A former Ray
- Felix Hernandez and His Fastball, Part 1
an open letter to then-Mariners Pitching Coach Rafael Chaves pleading with him to modify the game plan for Felix Hernandez when it came to starting out games. Namely, Dave pointed out
- Astros Release Livan Hernandez, Braves Swoop In
In perhaps the fasteset set of transactions I've ever seen, the Astros announced that they were releasing Livan Hernandez at 12:07 pm eastern time, and then Jon Heyman reported that Livan was signing
- The Daily Grind: Prep, Gio, Odorizzi, Hernandez
DFS Prep Pt 1 - Weather
Daily DFS - Gio, TBD
Tomorrow's Targets - Odorizzi, Nova, Johnson, Hernandez
1. DFS Prep Pt 1 - Weather
A common question I receive
- Roberto Hernandez & Marcell Ozuna: Deep Waiver Wire
that was just called up.
Roberto Hernandez | TAM SP | 8% Owned
The artist formerly known as Fausto Carmona is back with a new name and pitch mix. On the main FanGraphs blog, we have already
- Felix Hernandez and His Fastball, Part 2
and soak that in first; on average, 16 of the first 20 pitches that Hernandez offers at the beginning of a game are a fastball. That's predictability to an extreme and if I can spot it, you better be sure
- Clayton Kershaw, Felix Hernandez and Appreciating Greatness
It's probably not earth-shattering to point out that Clayton Kershaw and Felix
- Felix Hernandez and His Fastball, Part 3
Continuing from the past few days, I this time separated Felix Hernandez's starts based on the percentage of fastballs he threw within the first 20 pitches. Five times during the season Felix throw
- How Much Did Felix Hernandez Solve?
on track. In Chicago, Rick Porcello returned to the Red Sox and spun seven shutout innings, after entering with an ERA near 6. And Felix Hernandez turned in an effective outing at home against
- Keith Hernandez Mustache Watch Breaking News Follow-Up
Three weeks ago, the New York Times ran an incredibly important article about Keith Hernandez's mustache that, of course, we here at NotGraphs had to cover.
This past weekend, the crucial
- Livan Hernandez, Who Made His Own Strike Zone
Livan Hernandez is retiring, officially. Two things: Hernandez didn't pitch in 2013. And Matt Klaassen is already writing something up about his career. Which means this is two posts about Livan
- Audio: Michael Wacha Scouting Report c/o Keith Hernandez
Pitching against the Mets on Wednesday, Cardinals right-handed prospect Michael Wacha recorded five strikeouts in 3.0 innings.
Mets broadcaster Keith Hernandez was impressed by Wacha's outing
- Position Battles: Mets' 5th Starter, Pt. 3: Livan Hernandez
our attention to the man with a recent track record perhaps more dubious than either Garcia's or Redding's: Livan Hernandez.
Hernandez, who turned 34 this past week, has racked up an astonishing
- LINK: Angel Hernandez, Lousy Minor League Umpire in 1991
You've probably heard that MLB umpire Angel Hernandez is in the news again, because he's awful at his job and does embarrassing things to the sport on a too regular basis. You may also know
- Video Replay Reveals: Angel Hernandez an Actual Angel, of Death
Upon reviewing video of Wednesday night's controversial ninth-inning hit by Oakland's Adam Rosales, Major League Baseball has determined that umpire Angel Hernandez is a paranormal and likely
- Let's Consider Eric Gregg and Livan Hernandez in the 1997 NLCS
but still somewhat often make references to Livan Hernandez. References to Livan Hernandez often lead to recollections of the 1997 NLCS, and Eric Gregg's strike zone in Game 5. Consensus
- Daniel Murphy, Paternity Leave, Boomer Esiason's Lobotomy, and the White House
Mets second baseman and sports'-only-parental-role-model Daniel Murphy was in the news in April when he missed the first two games of the season to be with his wife for the birth of their son
- Daniel Murphy, Laynce Nix and Casey Blake: Deep League Waiver Wire
Daniel Murphy | 1% Owned (Y!) | 0% Owned (ESPN)
After the ousting of Brad Emaus as the Mets’ everyday second baseman, Murphy backed his way into consistent playing time in New York. Murphy
- Brad Hand & Daniel Nava: Deep League Waiver Wire
Daniel Nava / OF / Boston Red Sox
4 percent Yahoo / 1.2 percent ESPN / 10 percent CBS ownership
Yes, we know that Nava isn’t quite as good as his solid 2013 campaign at times suggested
- Roberto Hernandez: New Name, New Team, New Pitcher?
Not long ago, Roberto Hernandez was considered to be an up-and-coming starter for the Cleveland Indians. He was also known as Fausto Carmona. But regardless of what it said across his back, his 3.06