- Possible Side Impacts of Base Stealers
- Blake Murphy's 10 Bold Fantasy Predictions
long fly outs turning into doubles now.
3) Danny Espinosa outperforms Ian Desmond for fantasy purposes.
Espinosa has some serious strikeout issues that can be a drain on the batting average, while
- Nationals Settle for Daniel Murphy's Adequacy
, but the big thing they've actually done is sign Daniel Murphy, pending a physical. According to reports, it's to be a three-year contract, worth $37.5 million.
You remember Murphy for his
- Biogenesis Players: Then vs. Now
- Billy Butler In: The Good, The Slightly Above Average, And The Ugly
- Extreme Makeover: B.J. Upton Edition
- The Yankees Search for Ideal Hitters
- Shortstops With Potential Second-Half Playing Time Gains
– they have a projected record of 78-84 – that acquiring a shortstop wouldn’t make a lot of sense.
Minnesota Twins - Eduardo Escobar, Danny Santana
The Twins have received middle-of-the-pack
- Is Brett Lawrie Putting Himself In Harm's Way?
a beanball every 266 pitches faced.
(Carlos Quentin is first by a long shot, for whatever that’s worth, getting hit every 84 pitches faced, roughly 33 percent more frequently than anyone else. Danny
- Daily Fantasy Strategy – First Half Reflections
- Daily Fantasy Strategy – 8/31 – For Draftstreet
can be prepared to move on them next week.
Danny Duffy – Sanders highlighted his strikeout potential and he didn’t disappoint in his debut on Thursday night, striking out seven over 6.7 shutout
- Royals Rotation: Half Their Payroll, Next To None Of Your Budget
appears close to being major-league ready and offers some really nice potential, especially in dynasty leagues. Danny Duffy could also be blocked, though that’s still the fault of his disastrous 2011. He
- Daily Fantasy Strategy — April 17 — For Draftstreet
session on Wednesday with no discomfort and the Braves draw a Phillies team they're likely to hold a lead on.
Danny Salazar - $16,714
The Tigers are a dangerous outfit but one that's missing
- Daily Fantasy Strategy — April 24 — For Draftstreet
Bryce Harper - $5,116 - comes at a discount because of the platoon disadvantage but has fared well against lefties and soft-tossers, going 8-for-20 last season on fastballs below 91 MPH.
- Daily Fantasy Strategy — May 22 — For Draftstreet
represent a favorable buy-low.
Ian Desmond - $6,658
Jayson Werth - $7,205
Denard Span - $5,488
(If you can confirm he's playing, Danny Espinosa at $4,492 rounds it out nicely.)
This post, covering one
- Daily Fantasy Strategy — July 6 — For Draftstreet
helps (and it’s tough to find a new angle in here every day).
The Daily Five
Danny Duffy - $13,723
The Indians are no push-overs but they’re far more dangerous against righties than lefties. I don
- Mid-Season Shortstop Tier Rankings
, is that the early-season outage is at least in part due to variance, and the HR/FB will be higher than two percent in short order.
Tier Six – San. Tana. Hey.
- 2013 Shortstop Tier Rankings: July
for pop but could be a real problem in OBP-leagues; Aviles had a really good stretch but is back to being a fill-in behind Jason Kipnis and Cabrera.
Tier Seven - Speculating
- 10 Bold Reflections: We suck, we're idiots
had a heck of a season.
Danny Espinosa outperforms Ian Desmond
Stat Line: Espinosa .158/.193/.272, 3 HR, 1 SB; Desmond .280/.331/.453, 20 HR, 21 SB
Jonny Gomes hits 20 HR and 25 doubles
- Reflections From A Very Deep, Very Early Auction
Sean Doolittle, Oak RP
Josh Collmenter, Ari RP
Luis Avilan, Atl RP
Joel Peralta, TB RP
Cody Allen, Cle RP
Danny Farquhar, Sea RP
- Blake Murphy's 10 Bold Predictions
- Did Cleveland's Defense Sabotage Danny Salazar's Start?
regard Danny Salazar's line from Tuesday night with some measure of surprise (box score). On a night when he Salazar struck out 30% of the 26 batters he faced and recorded an xFIP and FIP of 3.75
- Daniel Murphy: Underwhelming or underappreciated?
In 2013, Daniel Murphy defied all expectations by vaunting into the top-five tier of fantasy second basemen, making him one of the best bargains at the keystone sack and a tempting draft target back
- Is David Murphy Fantasy Relevant?
The Indians finalized their two-year, $12 million deal with David Murphy today. He's projected for two wins by Steamer, and in the past that front office has pegged the cost per win much higher than
- David Murphy: Undrafted
David Murphy hit over .300 with double-digit power and steals last season. He's in line for more playing time with Josh Hamilton gone. He just turned 31, so age is only a slight concern
- Daniel Murphy & Power Potential
Daniel Murphy has started to command more attention from fantasy owners. He amassed 600 plate appearances for the first time last year and has really locked down the everyday role at second base
- Daniel Murphy: A Surprise in the Top 5
In his fourth full big league season, Mets second baseman Daniel Murphy finally fulfilled his fantasy promised and delivered great value to his owners. Likely drafted in the last two rounds or simply
- Gratuitous Danny Salazar Coverage of Danny Salazar's Splitter
Tonight, we use the internet as it was intended to be used: to elicit page views by means of as little work as possible -- in this case, by means of publishing footage of Cleveland right-hander Danny
- Danny Espinosa: Reasons for Concern
Note: I have already gone over my main list of 2B keepers for 2012. Today, I am looking at why I didn't consider Danny Espinosa to be keeper worthy.
Danny Espinosa produced some decent stats
- David Murphy: A Platoon of His Own
David Murphy ranked 88th among outfielders in Zach Sanders' rankings, worth negative $5. His disappointing season allowed the Cleveland Indians to sign the 32-year-old platoon outfielder
- Vlad, Murphy, And Potential Second Guessers
career, at least for me. Particularly, I wouldn't be surprised if Vlad was now a -25 or -30 outfielder, as Griffey was with Cincinnati in 2007, at least according to UZR. With David Murphy as an aveage
- Let's Talk About Daniel Murphy
, the two-headed Kershaw/Greinke monster from Los Angeles, the Cubs' young bats, and the Mets' young arms.
Enter, against this backdrop, Mets' second baseman Daniel Murphy, who prior
- Afternoon Delight: Danny Ainge
"Yeah. I think I'm done with baseball."
So here is Danny Ainge.
Every time I come across a reference to Ainge's baseball career, I remember that I forgot about it. But the great 3-point shooter
- Danny Salazar, Not According to Plan
Last season, Danny Salazar was among a wave of hard-throwing young pitchers that made electrifying debuts down the stretch, falling upon the national eye during the postseason.
Salazar threw 52
- Contract Crowdsourcing 2013-14: David Murphy
is likely to receive, FanGraphs is also requesting that readers make note of how much they'd pay each free agent were they, themselves, actual GMs.
In this edition: David Murphy.
- Explaining Danny Salazar
Maybe the most fun you can have with the Danny Salazar start is by just going over the fun facts. Salazar faced the White Sox Thursday, and he'd go up against 18 batters. Six of them hit the ball
- Promotion: Danny Espinosa
Embracing their youth movement, the Nationals have called up shortstop Danny Espinosa. Because of Ian Desmond’s place on the roster, Espinosa will be playing second base in D.C, and should find
- Reasons to Believe in Danny Salazar
have minimal data and inconsistent results. Danny Salazar is a guy like that.
Nevertheless, a large portion of what we do is try to figure out exactly who players are. We can't have a definitive
- Thoughts on Danny Duffy
of the majority should overshadow the fortune of the extreme minority.
Nevertheless, when people read about Danny Duffy walking away, one reaction is more common than any other. Something like, “How
- Is Danny Duffy Turning the Corner?
Danny Duffy made his Major League debut on May 18 with a tough assignment against the Texas Rangers. Not too surprisingly, he only lasted four innings after walking six batters. The 22-year old lefty
- Danny Salazar Returns
I went more-or-less all in on Danny Salazar this year. I loved his strikeout ability and while I was worried about his home runs I was not worried enough to avoid him in any drafts. In my redraft
- A Danny Valencia Discussion
Despite accruing a mere 195 plate appearances between his time with the Blue Jays and the A's this season, Danny Valencia has made a bit of name for himself in both traditional fantasy baseball
- How Unlikely Is Daniel Murphy's Streak?
Daniel Murphy chose a really good time to play some really good baseball. He's hit home runs in six straight games, with a chance to extend that streak once the World Series commences on Tuesday
- The Disappointments of Youth: Danny Valencia
The scouting reports on Danny Valencia stayed pretty consistent from when he was drafted in 2006 to when he made his major league debut in the middle of the 2010 season: He does most things well