- Possible Side Impacts of Base Stealers
- Blake Murphy's 10 Bold Predictions for 2016
in OBP leagues, but in standard formats, a guy with 25-plus home run power at the keystone should be going before No. 18.
8. Tom Murphy somehow makes Paul Sporer look smarter than he already is
- Blake Murphy's 10 Bold Fantasy Predictions
long fly outs turning into doubles now.
3) Danny Espinosa outperforms Ian Desmond for fantasy purposes.
Espinosa has some serious strikeout issues that can be a drain on the batting average, while
- Nationals Settle for Daniel Murphy's Adequacy
, but the big thing they've actually done is sign Daniel Murphy, pending a physical. According to reports, it's to be a three-year contract, worth $37.5 million.
You remember Murphy for his
- Biogenesis Players: Then vs. Now
- Billy Butler In: The Good, The Slightly Above Average, And The Ugly
- Extreme Makeover: B.J. Upton Edition
- The Yankees Search for Ideal Hitters
- Blake Murphy's 10 Bold Predictions
- Roto Riteup: September 27, 2016
for an overthrow at home. He’s set for an MRI today. And Daniel Murphy probably isn’t going to be back this week, but the NLDS may be realistic.
BLUE JAYS: Throwing baseballs at people is dumb. In this case
- Trea Turner and How Timing Impacts Late-Round Strategy
decide to send him down, he remains a fill-in candidate later in the year. Cutting Danny Espinosa or Stephen Drew, the presumed starter and utility man, would threaten that organizational depth
- Roto Riteup: July 1, 2016
having him hit.
Danny Espinosa had two home runs and seven RBI. More importantly, he’s still blocking Trea Turner. (I kid, as Espinosa is having one of the best offseasons of his career
- Roto Riteup: June 1, 2016
and was promptly placed on the DL. He was in a pretty nice groove at the dish, and this opens up quite the outfield hole – Byron Buxton had already been recalled to replace Danny Santana, Darin Mastroianni
- Shortstops With Potential Second-Half Playing Time Gains
– they have a projected record of 78-84 – that acquiring a shortstop wouldn’t make a lot of sense.
Minnesota Twins - Eduardo Escobar, Danny Santana
The Twins have received middle-of-the-pack
- Roto Riteup: August 2, 2016
Danny Duffy struck out 16 batters and flirted with a no-hitter until I switched channels. He’s striking out just shy of 30 percent of batters, owns a strikeout-to-walk ratio
- Is Brett Lawrie Putting Himself In Harm's Way?
a beanball every 266 pitches faced.
(Carlos Quentin is first by a long shot, for whatever that’s worth, getting hit every 84 pitches faced, roughly 33 percent more frequently than anyone else. Danny
- Daily Fantasy Strategy – First Half Reflections
- Daily Fantasy Strategy – 8/31 – For Draftstreet
can be prepared to move on them next week.
Danny Duffy – Sanders highlighted his strikeout potential and he didn’t disappoint in his debut on Thursday night, striking out seven over 6.7 shutout
- Royals Rotation: Half Their Payroll, Next To None Of Your Budget
appears close to being major-league ready and offers some really nice potential, especially in dynasty leagues. Danny Duffy could also be blocked, though that’s still the fault of his disastrous 2011. He
- Daily Fantasy Strategy — April 17 — For Draftstreet
session on Wednesday with no discomfort and the Braves draw a Phillies team they're likely to hold a lead on.
Danny Salazar - $16,714
The Tigers are a dangerous outfit but one that's missing
- Daily Fantasy Strategy — April 24 — For Draftstreet
Bryce Harper - $5,116 - comes at a discount because of the platoon disadvantage but has fared well against lefties and soft-tossers, going 8-for-20 last season on fastballs below 91 MPH.
- Daily Fantasy Strategy — May 22 — For Draftstreet
represent a favorable buy-low.
Ian Desmond - $6,658
Jayson Werth - $7,205
Denard Span - $5,488
(If you can confirm he's playing, Danny Espinosa at $4,492 rounds it out nicely.)
This post, covering one
- Daily Fantasy Strategy — July 6 — For Draftstreet
helps (and it’s tough to find a new angle in here every day).
The Daily Five
Danny Duffy - $13,723
The Indians are no push-overs but they’re far more dangerous against righties than lefties. I don
- Roto Riteup: May 10, 2016
days (or in perpetuity) as they’re once again hobbled up and down the roster. Jed Lowrie had X-rays come back negative on his right foot but it sounds like he’ll at best be day-to-day, while Danny
- Roto Riteup: May 13, 2016
with rotator cuff inflammation and Young is set for an MRI on his right forearm. Dillon Gee’s been shifted to the rotation for Saturday, and Danny Duffy will get the call Sunday, both with an easy
- Roto Riteup: May 27, 2016
in Triple-A less than a month. I wonder if Danny Valencia’s available.
Urias to debut Friday
Oh, hell yes. The Dodgers will promote lefty Julio Urias, one of the top handful of pitching prospects
- Roto Riteup: May 31, 2016
up those plate appearances.
Various News and Notes
Byron Buxton is back for the Twins, getting the call after Danny Santana hit the DL. The former No. 2 overall pick struggled at the major-league
- Roto Riteup: August 16, 2016
, the Indians are set to activate Danny Salazar on Thursday. Salazar was struggling a bit through elbow soreness before his time off, and the Indians will have to hope the break got him right ahead of the stretch
- Roto Riteup: August 19, 2016
Salazar pulled early
Some time off didn’t do Danny Salazar any favors. The Indians hurler returned from the DL on Thursday and was summarily dispatched by the White Sox, who hit him up for three runs
- Roto Riteup: August 23, 2016
from Danny Valencia. What a mess.
Streaming Pitcher Options
If you enjoy streaming pitchers or play DFS, tune into the Roto Riteup for recommendations each and every day.
A pitcher for today
- Roto Riteup: September 22, 2016
Cain back this season, with Ned Yost saying it’s “probably” not going to happen, and the Royals figure to be out of the wild card race soon with little reason to push it; Danny Salazar won’t be back
- Mid-Season Shortstop Tier Rankings
, is that the early-season outage is at least in part due to variance, and the HR/FB will be higher than two percent in short order.
Tier Six – San. Tana. Hey.
- 2013 Shortstop Tier Rankings: July
for pop but could be a real problem in OBP-leagues; Aviles had a really good stretch but is back to being a fill-in behind Jason Kipnis and Cabrera.
Tier Seven - Speculating
- 10 Bold Reflections: We suck, we're idiots
had a heck of a season.
Danny Espinosa outperforms Ian Desmond
Stat Line: Espinosa .158/.193/.272, 3 HR, 1 SB; Desmond .280/.331/.453, 20 HR, 21 SB
Jonny Gomes hits 20 HR and 25 doubles
- Roto Riteup: April 21, 2016
The Red Sox might get Xander Bogaerts back Thursday, as his quad tightness could be behind him. They have an early start, so you’ll have time to adjust if not. Danny Valencia suffered
- Roto Riteup: June 7, 2016
to the league lead with 19 on the season. Death from above, indeed.
Danny Salazar’s been pushed back from his Wednesday start due to should fatigue and is instead expected to throw Sunday. Cody Anderson
- Roto Riteup: July 6, 2016
: James Paxton @ KC (Danny Duffy)
I wanted to dial up Hyun-Jin Ryu here, because it’s his season debut, because it’s the Padres, and because I missed him. Alas, the Padres are hitting lefties fairly
- Roto Riteup: August 3, 2016
(!!) he's faced as a rookie so far. And then there’s David Aardsma.
Various News and Notes
Danny Salazar will miss two
- Roto Riteup: September 13, 2016
to the rotation or the bullpen is Danny Salazar, who is at least done for the remainder of the regular season with a mild flexor strain. The Indians hurler is set to receive a PRP injection in his right arm
- Reflections From A Very Deep, Very Early Auction
Sean Doolittle, Oak RP
Josh Collmenter, Ari RP
Luis Avilan, Atl RP
Joel Peralta, TB RP
Cody Allen, Cle RP
Danny Farquhar, Sea RP
- Rays Playing Time Battles: Pitchers
option, though there are plenty of options. Danny Farquhar has closer experience and seems like a typical Rays reclamation bet. Alex Colome may be the most valuable chit Kevin Cash has, as well as perhaps
- Reviewing Blake Murphy's 10 Bold Predictions
for a complete absence of walks (from a fantasy perspective, anyway) and playing in every single game helped him pile up 82 runs and 82 RBI.
8. Tom Murphy somehow makes Paul Sporer look smarter than he already
- Did Cleveland's Defense Sabotage Danny Salazar's Start?
regard Danny Salazar's line from Tuesday night with some measure of surprise (box score). On a night when he Salazar struck out 30% of the 26 batters he faced and recorded an xFIP and FIP of 3.75
- Danny Espinosa, Trea Turner, and the Value of Patience
When the Nationals decided to begin the year with Danny Espinosa as their starting shortstop, with top prospect Trea Turner beginning the year back in Triple-A, it was widely seen as another example
- It's Time to Buy into Daniel Murphy
Yesterday, Daniel Murphy went 4-5, hitting his fourth home run of the season in the process, and driving his batting line for 2016 up to .398/.449/.663. His 192 wRC+ ranks third best in the big
- Daniel Murphy: Underwhelming or underappreciated?
In 2013, Daniel Murphy defied all expectations by vaunting into the top-five tier of fantasy second basemen, making him one of the best bargains at the keystone sack and a tempting draft target back
- Is David Murphy Fantasy Relevant?
The Indians finalized their two-year, $12 million deal with David Murphy today. He's projected for two wins by Steamer, and in the past that front office has pegged the cost per win much higher than
- Asdrubal Cabrera as Daniel Murphy
rotation now fall heavily on the starting lineup. If the Mets want to win this thing, they might have to slug their way there, the way Daniel Murphy nearly did for them last postseason. The Mets
- David Murphy: Undrafted
David Murphy hit over .300 with double-digit power and steals last season. He's in line for more playing time with Josh Hamilton gone. He just turned 31, so age is only a slight concern
- Daniel Murphy & Power Potential
Daniel Murphy has started to command more attention from fantasy owners. He amassed 600 plate appearances for the first time last year and has really locked down the everyday role at second base
- Daniel Murphy: A Surprise in the Top 5
In his fourth full big league season, Mets second baseman Daniel Murphy finally fulfilled his fantasy promised and delivered great value to his owners. Likely drafted in the last two rounds or simply
- Gratuitous Danny Salazar Coverage of Danny Salazar's Splitter
Tonight, we use the internet as it was intended to be used: to elicit page views by means of as little work as possible -- in this case, by means of publishing footage of Cleveland right-hander Danny
- David Murphy: A Platoon of His Own
David Murphy ranked 88th among outfielders in Zach Sanders' rankings, worth negative $5. His disappointing season allowed the Cleveland Indians to sign the 32-year-old platoon outfielder
- Vlad, Murphy, And Potential Second Guessers
career, at least for me. Particularly, I wouldn't be surprised if Vlad was now a -25 or -30 outfielder, as Griffey was with Cincinnati in 2007, at least according to UZR. With David Murphy as an aveage
- Let's Talk About Daniel Murphy
, the two-headed Kershaw/Greinke monster from Los Angeles, the Cubs' young bats, and the Mets' young arms.
Enter, against this backdrop, Mets' second baseman Daniel Murphy, who prior
- Danny Espinosa: Reasons for Concern
Note: I have already gone over my main list of 2B keepers for 2012. Today, I am looking at why I didn't consider Danny Espinosa to be keeper worthy.
Danny Espinosa produced some decent stats