- Extreme Makeover: B.J. Upton Edition
- Daniel Murphy: Underwhelming or underappreciated?
In 2013, Daniel Murphy defied all expectations by vaunting into the top-five tier of fantasy second basemen, making him one of the best bargains at the keystone sack and a tempting draft target back
- Did Cleveland's Defense Sabotage Danny Salazar's Start?
regard Danny Salazar's line from Tuesday night with some measure of surprise (box score). On a night when he Salazar struck out 30% of the 26 batters he faced and recorded an xFIP and FIP of 3.75
- Billy Butler In: The Good, The Slightly Above Average, And The Ugly
- Biogenesis Players: Then vs. Now
- Shortstops With Potential Second-Half Playing Time Gains
– they have a projected record of 78-84 – that acquiring a shortstop wouldn’t make a lot of sense.
Minnesota Twins - Eduardo Escobar, Danny Santana
The Twins have received middle-of-the-pack
- Daily Fantasy Strategy — July 6 — For Draftstreet
helps (and it’s tough to find a new angle in here every day).
The Daily Five
Danny Duffy - $13,723
The Indians are no push-overs but they’re far more dangerous against righties than lefties. I don
- Mid-Season Shortstop Tier Rankings
, is that the early-season outage is at least in part due to variance, and the HR/FB will be higher than two percent in short order.
Tier Six – San. Tana. Hey.
- Is Brett Lawrie Putting Himself In Harm's Way?
a beanball every 266 pitches faced.
(Carlos Quentin is first by a long shot, for whatever that’s worth, getting hit every 84 pitches faced, roughly 33 percent more frequently than anyone else. Danny
- Daily Fantasy Strategy — May 22 — For Draftstreet
represent a favorable buy-low.
Ian Desmond - $6,658
Jayson Werth - $7,205
Denard Span - $5,488
(If you can confirm he's playing, Danny Espinosa at $4,492 rounds it out nicely.)
This post, covering one
- Danny Salazar, Not According to Plan
Last season, Danny Salazar was among a wave of hard-throwing young pitchers that made electrifying debuts down the stretch, falling upon the national eye during the postseason.
Salazar threw 52
- Daily Fantasy Strategy — April 24 — For Draftstreet
Bryce Harper - $5,116 - comes at a discount because of the platoon disadvantage but has fared well against lefties and soft-tossers, going 8-for-20 last season on fastballs below 91 MPH.
- Daily Fantasy Strategy — April 17 — For Draftstreet
session on Wednesday with no discomfort and the Braves draw a Phillies team they're likely to hold a lead on.
Danny Salazar - $16,714
The Tigers are a dangerous outfit but one that's missing
- Possible Side Impacts of Base Stealers
- Blake Murphy's 10 Bold Predictions
- Reflections From A Very Deep, Very Early Auction
Sean Doolittle, Oak RP
Josh Collmenter, Ari RP
Luis Avilan, Atl RP
Joel Peralta, TB RP
Cody Allen, Cle RP
Danny Farquhar, Sea RP
- Royals Rotation: Half Their Payroll, Next To None Of Your Budget
appears close to being major-league ready and offers some really nice potential, especially in dynasty leagues. Danny Duffy could also be blocked, though that’s still the fault of his disastrous 2011. He
- David Murphy: A Platoon of His Own
David Murphy ranked 88th among outfielders in Zach Sanders' rankings, worth negative $5. His disappointing season allowed the Cleveland Indians to sign the 32-year-old platoon outfielder
- Is David Murphy Fantasy Relevant?
The Indians finalized their two-year, $12 million deal with David Murphy today. He's projected for two wins by Steamer, and in the past that front office has pegged the cost per win much higher than
- Daniel Murphy: A Surprise in the Top 5
In his fourth full big league season, Mets second baseman Daniel Murphy finally fulfilled his fantasy promised and delivered great value to his owners. Likely drafted in the last two rounds or simply
- Contract Crowdsourcing 2013-14: David Murphy
is likely to receive, FanGraphs is also requesting that readers make note of how much they'd pay each free agent were they, themselves, actual GMs.
In this edition: David Murphy.
- 10 Bold Reflections: We suck, we're idiots
had a heck of a season.
Danny Espinosa outperforms Ian Desmond
Stat Line: Espinosa .158/.193/.272, 3 HR, 1 SB; Desmond .280/.331/.453, 20 HR, 21 SB
Jonny Gomes hits 20 HR and 25 doubles
- Daily Fantasy Strategy – 8/31 – For Draftstreet
can be prepared to move on them next week.
Danny Duffy – Sanders highlighted his strikeout potential and he didn’t disappoint in his debut on Thursday night, striking out seven over 6.7 shutout
- Gratuitous Danny Salazar Coverage of Danny Salazar's Splitter
Tonight, we use the internet as it was intended to be used: to elicit page views by means of as little work as possible -- in this case, by means of publishing footage of Cleveland right-hander Danny
- Daily Fantasy Strategy – First Half Reflections
- 2013 Shortstop Tier Rankings: July
for pop but could be a real problem in OBP-leagues; Aviles had a really good stretch but is back to being a fill-in behind Jason Kipnis and Cabrera.
Tier Seven - Speculating
- Spotted: David Murphy, Possibly Surveying Confederate Dead
While the following image was not definitively taken moments after David Murphy felled Mark Reynolds, that treasonous Reb, at Antietam with one shot from an Enfield rifle, it probably
- Daniel Murphy & Power Potential
Daniel Murphy has started to command more attention from fantasy owners. He amassed 600 plate appearances for the first time last year and has really locked down the everyday role at second base
- Blake Murphy's 10 Bold Fantasy Predictions
long fly outs turning into doubles now.
3) Danny Espinosa outperforms Ian Desmond for fantasy purposes.
Espinosa has some serious strikeout issues that can be a drain on the batting average, while
- David Murphy: Undrafted
David Murphy hit over .300 with double-digit power and steals last season. He's in line for more playing time with Josh Hamilton gone. He just turned 31, so age is only a slight concern
- Q&A: David Murphy, Underrated Ranger
David Murphy isn’t a star. The former first-round draft pick -- 17th overall by the Red Sox in 2003 -- has never been able to establish himself as more than a solid player. Coming into the season
- Afternoon Delight: Danny Ainge
"Yeah. I think I'm done with baseball."
So here is Danny Ainge.
Every time I come across a reference to Ainge's baseball career, I remember that I forgot about it. But the great 3-point shooter
- Danny Espinosa: Reasons for Concern
Note: I have already gone over my main list of 2B keepers for 2012. Today, I am looking at why I didn't consider Danny Espinosa to be keeper worthy.
Danny Espinosa produced some decent stats
- Vlad, Murphy, And Potential Second Guessers
career, at least for me. Particularly, I wouldn't be surprised if Vlad was now a -25 or -30 outfielder, as Griffey was with Cincinnati in 2007, at least according to UZR. With David Murphy as an aveage