- How Hard Is It To Be Successful Without Drawing Walks?
fWAR from 2000-2013 only 58 or 28.7% had walk rates less than or equal to 8%. Adam Jones fell slightly below on a few parameters, but for comparison's sake he felt pretty accurate. Here is Yasiel Puig
- Liberating Liberated Fandom
this Braves team is probably the most enjoyable one to watch since Andruw Jones and the Baby Braves ruled the roost. Cabrera and Eric Hinske were the only two guys I could think to speak
- Daily Fantasy Strategy -- April 2 -- For Draftstreet
- Daily Fantasy Strategy -- April 4 -- For Draftstreet
- Daily Fantasy Strategy -- April 5 -- for Draftstreet
- Daily Fantasy Strategy -- April 8 -- For Draftstreet
- Daily Fantasy Strategy -- April 9 -- For Draftstreet
- Daily Fantasy Strategy -- April 11 -- For Draftstreet
- Daily Fantasy Strategy -- April 12 -- For Draftstreet
- Daily Fantasy Strategy -- April 15 -- For Drafstreet
- Daily Fantasy Strategy -- April 16 -- For Draftstreet
- Daily Fantasy Strategy -- April 18 -- For Draftstreet
- Daily Fantasy Strategy -- April 19 -- For Draftstreet
- Daily Fantasy Strategy -- April 22 -- For Draftstreet
- Daily Fantasy Strategy -- April 23 -- For Draftstreet
- Adam Wainwright: Efficiency is the Name of the Game
- The Luckiest and Unluckiest Pitchers So Far in 2013
- Andruw Jones
So far, Andruw Jones hasn't had the start to his Dodger career that anyone would have hoped for. His .149/.259/.234 line would make him a decent hitting pitcher, but as an $18 million dollar per
- Is Andruw Jones A Hall-Of-Famer?
I wrote a piece for ESPN Insider today that talks about defensive metrics and Hall Of Fame voting. The main example used in the story is Andruw Jones, who you might be shocked to learn has
- Adam Jones' Mysterious Progress
this season, there have also been some bright spots. Among them has to be the offensive contributions of Adam Jones so far this season. Stardom has long been predicted for Jones, who is just 25 years old
- Garrett Jones' Arrival
Garrett Jones was drafted by the Atlanta Braves with the last pick of the 14th round in 1999 as a first baseman out of Victor J Andrew High School in Illinois. Jones failed to do much of anything
- Injuries, Luck and Chipper Jones
Is it better to be lucky or good? Annual injuries aside, Chipper Jones was both of these things in 2008 as he batted over .400 for the first two-and-a-half months of the season. How was he lucky
- Jones' Ranger Resurgence
Andruw Jones bashed three home runs last evening, taking his total up to 14 long balls for the season. Jones' triple-slash line rests at .250/.348/.581, with a wOBA of .392. On a per-at-bat basis
- The Lamentation over Jones
When the Mariners caved in to Baltimore's demands and agreed to build a package for Erik Bedard around outfielder Adam Jones, most of the Mariners blogosphere was livid. I personally wrote that I
- Andruw Jones Fitted For Pinstripes
The first memory most fans have of Andruw Jones is witnessing the then-teenager terrorize the New York Yankees in Game One of the 1996 World Series. While Jones' Braves ultimately came up short
- Andruw Jones to the White Sox
According to MLB.com's Alden Gonzalez, the Chicago White Sox have come to terms with Andruw Jones on a one-year, $500K contract with $1M in possible incentives.
Jones famously fell of the face
- Adam Jones' Offensive Jump
Sherrill, Tony Butler, Kam Mickolio and Adam Jones.
Tillman will team up with 2008 first-rounder Brian Matusz to give Baltimore a deadly one-two punch at the top of the rotation. Sherrill was shipped
- Jones Bashes in the 'Burgh
On July 1st, the following scrolled across the transaction wire:
Pittsburgh Pirates purchased the contract of outfielder Garrett Jones from Indianapolis of the International League (AAA).
- ADP Crowdsourcing: Adam Jones
Adam Jones always seems to get a ton of love from someone on draft day, then never lives up to the hype and disappoints. However, his transition from 2008 to 2009 was impressive, so he hasn’t always
- Adam Jones' Emergence
to be growing at a rapid rate.
Adam Jones in Baltimore got his first taste of regular play last year following the trade to the Orioles from the Seattle Mariners in the Erik Bedard deal. He responded
- Andruw Jones Is Alive
George Romero may have never considered the possibility of smiling zombies. The walking undead Andruw Jones is infectious with smiling, and he’s spreading the condition all around the Southside
- Daily Graphing - Todd Jones
Todd Jones really pissed me off last year. See, I had Guillermo Mota in my fantasy league and when he got injured, Todd Jones pitched so well that Guillermo Mota never got his closer job back. Now
- Adam Jones, Unfinished Product
In the weekly Wednesday chat, one of the popular subjects was the Braves pursuit of Baltimore outfielder Adam Jones. According to reports, Atlanta has been trying to land Jones for the better part
- Daily Graphing - Jacque Jones
With all talk of the Yankees signing Johnny Damon, it seems like the Cubs signing Jacque Jones to a three year, $16 million contract got lost in the news. Jones is currently a career .280 hitter
- Chipper Jones Speaks in Tongues
Bit of old news, but did anyone notice Chipper Jones's tweet on August 2? Allow me to remind you:
We need a dome! These rain delays stink. Nothin a couple of 2run dubs wont fix. Back on track
- Adam Jones’ Regression At The Plate
I don’t think it’d be a stretch to say that Adam Jones has been a big disappointment at the plate so far in 2010. He came into Saturday’s game batting just .254/.283/.384, and instead of taking
- You Want Adam Jones
center fielder Adam Jones would be a great place to start.
Jones is by no means a hidden gem in fantasy baseball. He was a highly touted prospect in the Mariners system, offering a nice blend
- Chipper Jones and The Couch
You know this player: it's Chipper Jones, the shoe-in Hall-of-Famer who's about to play the final regular season series of his career.
It was a different time, you understand -- 1992, or '93
- Adam Jones: UZR and Me
UZR is catching up to Adam Jones, or maybe it‘s the other way around. Either way, the Orioles centerfielder is finally receiving some love from defensive metrics -- his league-leading 5.9 UZR
- Crowdsourcing Results: Jones and Volquez
Below are the results for this week’s ADP Crowdsourcing. If you have any suggestions for next week, leave them in the comments for consideration.
My vote: 10
- Jacque Jones: Almost a Hall of Famer
And he has the Internet to thank! With the first ever Hall of Fame vote credited to "tweeples," presenting the immortal and amazing Jacque Jones!
Apprecaite my tweeples for helping me get that 1
- Contract Extension Comps for Adam Jones
The Baltimore Orioles recently avoided going to an arbitration hearing by signing Adam Jones to a one year, $6.5 million contract, but there are still rumblings about a long-term deal being in play
- Nate Jones Is in Agony
- Adam Jones Is Never Room Temperature
of month-by-month analysis with Adam Jones as the subject.
Creating outs is the greatest crime in this game of baseball. In April, Jones created many outs
- Is Adam Jones Pulling a Matt Kemp?
On Tuesday, Adam Jones took a 1-0 fastball from CC Sabathia in the second inning and launched it out to left field. On Wednesday, in the 15th inning, he destroyed a curveball from Nate Adcock
- Adam Jones is Boring, And That's Fine, Right?
Over the last three years, Adam Jones has hit between .280 and .287, launched between 25 and 33 homers, and stolen between 12 and 16 bases. Considering the way team performances vary from year
- Chipper Jones To Retire After 2012
After more than 17 years as a fixture in Atlanta Braves baseball, Chipper Jones has announced that he will retire as a player after the 2012 season. His $7 million club option for next year would
- Chipper Jones Unhappy With Basement Dwellers
Jeff Schultz of the Atlanta Journal-Constitution caught up with Chipper Jones today, and he wasn't terribly happy, particularly with some denizens of the lowest floor of houses owned by their mothers
- Adam Jones Just Got Stronger
C'mon readers of RotoGraphs, you didn't really think I was going to let the year end without another piece on Adam Jones from me, did you? I was just waiting for the appropriate time
- Orioles Outfield: At Least There's Adam Jones
Before we get to the desolate corner spots in the Baltimore outfield, let's at least focus on Adam Jones and the value he brings to fantasy baseball. He hits in the .280s, he puts up between 25-33
- Q&A: JaCoby Jones, Pirates Prospect
tremendous potential, but a boom-or-bust dynamic exists for almost any 18-year-old prospect.
JaCoby Jones -- drafted in the third round out of LSU -- is a 21-year-old with a boom-or-bust dynamic
- Scheming For Relief: Medina, Jones and Siegrist
the right-hander for the chance at some holds and strikeouts. In a roto league? Sure, i’m all-in.
Nate Jones | White Sox | 1%
At first glance, Jones’ 4.06 ERA (2.74 FIP) and 1.29 WHIP may cause one
- Andruw Jones & DeWayne Wise Find Jobs
White Sox sign OF Andruw Jones for $500K
Jones’ 2009 season was hardly as well publicized as his 2008 voyage through the depths of offensive hell, but he managed a decent bounce back in 331 plate
- Andruw Jones: All-Star to Replacement-Level Player
Andruw Jones was having a brilliant career, that is, until he turned 31 years old. Since that point, he's barely been a league-average player. He went from an all-time great player, to an iffy hall
- This Meatloaf Shall Suffer Adam Jones's Godlike Hunger
Not so long ago, Adam Jones sounded his conch and let all know that something was about to happen ...
Bout to smash some meatloaf— Adam Jones (@SimplyAJ10) July 28, 2013
- Position Battles: Rangers' OF, Pt. 2: Jones and Murphy
repeat performances. Now, let's turn our attention to a guy who has nowhere to go but up (Andruw Jones) and a sophomore fighting to stay in the lineup (David Murphy).
It's difficult to avert one's
- Orioles Wisely Lock Up Adam Jones
Last Friday, I wrote that if Adam Jones sustains his performance all year, he could be looking at a contract extension in the range of $120 to $140 million by selling himself as Matt Kemp Lite
- Andruw Jones Effectively Summarizes Own Career
On May 1, 2007, Andruw Jones was hitting .264/.405/.527 and was on his way to winning his tenth gold glove. His Hall of Fame status was all but assured. Five years, three months, and fifteen days
- The Unique Power-Speed Combos of Braun, Pence and Jones
-- Ryan Braun, Adam Jones and Hunter Pence find themselves in a class of their own.
Although most fans should be somewhat aware of the speed of this trio, their star power -- as with most hitters
- FanGraphs Audio: Org Reports, Elijah, Larry Jones
In which the panel survives off deception.
Organizational Reports: Whys and Wherefores
Elijah Dukes: Released
Chipper Jones and Evaluating Situational Play
- Rick Jones, Tragic Experiment Gone Awry
could tell the difference.
Drunk with power, the Topps executives decided to take this even further, by creating Rick Jones. The plan was simple: using state-of-the-art Apple II computing
- Reid Ryan Visits the Edward Jones Chatting Cage
Hello everyone. Welcome the Edward Jones Chatting Cage, where we get to know more about some of the biggest people in MLB baseball. I'm your host, Jeremy Brisiel. Today, we're talking to the new
- Annals of Bromance: Chipper Jones, Rescue Hero
. Then imagine nestling your face into the broad, camouflaged shoulder of Larry Wayne Jones, as the frigid wind whips past and faces gape from stranded cars. If you can capture that feeling, reader, then you have
- Rajai Davis & Chipper Jones: Waiver Wire
scoring category -- in Davis' case, power and likely batting average -- to boost another if you've fallen behind.
Chipper Jones | 3B | Braves | Owned: 32% Yahoo! and 38.0% ESPN
Now 40 years old
- Q&A: Nate Jones, Unorthodox Power in Chicago
Two things jump out when you watch Nate Jones deliver a pitch. The Chicago White Sox righthander has an unorthodox delivery and he throws hard. Working primarily as a setup man, he features a 97-mph
- Daily Notes, Beginning with a Line by Chipper Jones
Comment Regarding Strasburg
Here's a recent comment -- notable because of who made it -- regarding Strasburg:
Chipper Jones on #Strasburg: "He has the best stuff, the best repertoire of pitches
- Q&A: Eric Stults, Poor-Man's Randy Jones
pitcher, and, surprisingly, one of the better lefties in the league.
More than a decade after being drafted by the Dodgers out of Bethel College, Stults has evolved into a poor man’s Randy Jones
- Great Moments in Saying Goodbye to Chipper Jones
- Pirates Sign Dotel, Snag B. Jones Off Waivers
Jones off waivers from the Atlanta Braves.
Jones' stay with the Bucs could be transient: the club apparently claimed the Braves farmhand off waivers with the intention of flipping him to another
- Garrett Jones and Brett Wallace: NL Waiver Wire Picks
period of time. So you've got to find the door where opportunity is knocking the loudest. Here are two guys who may not actually be Mr. Right, but can at least be Mr. Right-Now.
Garrett Jones |1B
- Bring Out Your Dead: Edwin Encarnacion and Chipper Jones
for the Toronto Blue Jays and while I was fully expecting Chipper Jones to break his (insert body part here) on his first on-deck circle practice swing, it's clear that the geezer doesn't want to go on the cart
- Three Scouting Reports: Jeff Jones on Fister, Porcello and Smyly
Jeff Jones, the Tigers pitching coach, gave scouting reports on the complementary threesome prior to Monday’s game at Fenway Park.
Jones on Doug Fister: “Doug is really
- Emmylou Harris Knows Chipper Jones’s Real Name Is Larry and She Is Offended That You Even Had to Ask
Puffery, via ESPN, The Life:
The Life: We're told you're a pretty serious Atlanta Braves fan. Can you prove it? Do you know Chipper Jones' real name?
Harris: Larry. I thought I was being tested
- Chipper Jones Out for the Year with a Torn ACL, Career in Jeopardy; Just How Good Was He?
Yesterday, Chipper Jones suffered an ACL tear while making a spectacular play at third base; he's almost certainly out for the rest of the year, and considering that he was retiring considering