- Using Batted-Ball Data to Measure Hitter Performance
the limitations. It's been noted elsewhere on FanGraphs that the StatCast data isn't always completely accurate. Also, the tool currently doesn't incorporate a player's speed in any way, so guys like Dee Gordon
- Dee Gordon Has Been Going Full Ichiro
Dee Gordon: 15%
Chase Utley: .082
Dee Gordon: .489
All it is, really, is a fun fact. Maybe two fun facts, or maybe four fun facts. A fun fact is its own thing, and it certainly
- Don't Hate Dee Because He's Beautiful
I have every reason to hate Dee Gordon.
Prior to the 2012 season, I found myself struggling to figure out who would get the final keeper slot in a longtime, highly competitive fantasy league I
- David Brown FanGraphs Chat - 1/9/15
11:57Comment From mtswWho are you? Kiley too big to do these now that he's the type of guy who gets named dropped in MLBtraderumors headlines? 11:58Dave Brown: My name is Dave Brown. You might know
- Michael Ynoa Gets New Life With White Sox
- Dick Enberg Honored With the Ford C. Frick Award
- Q&A: Scooter Gennett on Ceramics, Lefties and Riding Scooters
meetings. In addition to the charity work, he also discussed how he's preparing for the upcoming season, and further explained how Ryan Joseph Gennett became — sometimes — "Scooter."
- What Do The Marlins See in Dee Gordon?
for the Dee Gordon makes the Marlins worse, not better. But Miami is in the surprising position where filling roster holes trumps the marginal surplus value of bulk player control years
- Josh Willingham: Honoring the Hammer
- Dee Gordon: The New Juan Pierre?
It's not often that a player we failed to even rank in the preseason finishes third in overall value at his position. But that's exactly what Dee Gordon did, earning the third highest dollar value
- What's Changed With Dee Gordon?
Last week, I unveiled the May Tiered Rankings for the second base position, and readers quickly zeroed in on my rankings of Dee Gordon and Aaron Hill. They believed I had placed both of them too low
- Senseless 19th Century Baseball Deaths: Lew Brown
Lew Brown played for Providence, at least two Boston clubs, and assorted other teams during a seven-year career. He retired, it would seem, following his age-26 season. In January of 1889, just
- Giddy Up On Dee Gordon
I get it – Dee Gordon probably burned you in 2012, when you took him as the 10th shortstop off the board, expecting 60-plus stolen bases and a Billy Hamilton-esque layup in the steals category
- Dee Gordon as the Poor Man's Billy Hamilton
expected, right now the Dodgers' team leader in wRC+ among regulars and semi-regulars is Dee Gordon, at 174. As a neat bit of ephemeral trivia, Gordon's wRC+ is 43 points higher than his 2012 wRC+ and his
- Avisail Garcia & Dee Gordon: Waiver Wire
this early. Once he gets locked in, he's going to be in high demand.
Dee Gordon, LAD |2B | Ownership: ESPN - 28.4% Yahoo - 39.0%
Yes, yes, we've been touting Gordon for some time now and we
- Dee Gordon And Winning A Spring Battle
to be a winner, at least if you believe this beat writer or that one or that one, and it's not $28 million Cuban import Alexander Guerrero: it's former shortstop Dee Gordon, who has 3.2 career innings
- For Reference: Mordecai Brown vs. Django Reinhardt
as the Horrible. Indeed, perhaps in many cases, this is the result. In the dual cases of great right-hander Mordecai Brown and great jazz guitarist Django Reinhardt, however, such an injury actually
- What Can Domonic Brown Do For You?
It appears, once again, that Domonic Brown's name is out there cooking up in the hot stove. Dave and Jeff each touched on Brown when his name last came up in rumors last month when a Brown for Jose
- Domonic Brown Goes Mashing
The rumor on the street is that Domonic Brown had a breakout season in 2013. But can we trust that to be a sign of things to come?
Brown was once (briefly) the top prospect in all of baseball
- Domonic Brown and Exploring the Reality of Breakouts
It was my initial intent to write something about Tuesday's trade rumor that involved Domonic Brown and Jose Bautista. The rumor, presented straight-up, was absolutely fascinating for the implied
- Domonic Brown and Getting There
Sunday afternoon, Domonic Brown did something he's been doing a lot of lately. Brown faced Mike Fiers in the bottom of the first, with two on and two out. After a first-pitch curveball found the zone
- It’s a Good Time to Grab Dom Brown
If there is one guy I have been following relatively closely throughout this year in case I wanted to pick up a bat, it has been Domonic Brown. In his first year as a starter and his hype at an all
- Gimme Some Dee Gordon
Just two years ago, Dee Gordon was enjoying the fanfare of being listed amongst Baseball America's Top 50 Prospects. The son of major league reliever Tom Gordon, the young shortstop was receiving
- Domonic Brown Has Made Some Changes
It's been five years since Domonic Brown cracked the public consciousness as a five-tooler in the Phillies system. Five up and down years. Three of those years, he failed to impress in short samples
- Domonic Brown Good News/Bad News
. It was promising, and, sure enough, Saunders had a breakthrough season. Spring training isn't entirely devoid of substance.
Which brings us to the matter of Domonic Brown, on Tuesday, February 26
- Prospect Impact: Kolten Wong, Gary Brown, Hak-Ju Lee
ACTION: Giants sign OF Angel Pagan
PROSPECT IMPACT: OF Gary Brown, Giants
The speedy Brown burst onto the scene with a ridiculous 2011 in which he hit .336 with 53 steals, while also racking up 61
- Spotted: A Colombian Person Named Steve Brown
First, Colombia was inhabited by indigenous peoples like the Muisca, Quimbaya, and Tairona. Then, in the 16th century, it was conquered by the Spanish. Then, in 1986, Steve Brown was born
- Dom Brown: Less Shiny, Still Exciting
Domonic Brown is back in the bigs. He was once projected by Bill James to go 30/30, so obviously he has the tools to stick in the major leagues. But just as obvious is the fact that he's not the same
- The Dee Gordon Experience
To say Dee Gordon was overhyped this preseason would be an understatement. Everywhere you looked someone was predicting him to steal 40+ bases. Our man Eno Sarris even made a bold prediction that he
- The Dramatic Decline of Domonic Brown
Coming into the 2011 season, Domonic Brown ranked as the fourth-best prospect in all of baseball according to Baseball America. The Philadelphia Phillies had just watched right fielder Jayson Werth
- A Tweet By Dee Gordon, Illustrated
As part of my series of tweets illustrated literally, I take on this mysterious tweet from handsome Dee Gordon, aka "Skinny Swag 9":
- Dom Brown Up or Down?
On a team accused of aging quickly -- though the space-time continuum has something to say about that -- Domonic Brown is the youngest, most exciting offensive piece. But now he's spent two seasons
- Dee Gordon & Eduardo Nunez: Adding Speed Via the Waiver Wire
. Here's a look at a pair of infielders that just might be able to help you make that jump right now.
Dee Gordon |SS| Ownership: ESPN - 16.4% Yahoo - 17%
The son of Tom Gordon certainly has
- Injuries Clear Way For Dee Gordon, Jemile Weeks
to get plenty of big league playing time over the next few weeks, and possibly much longer.
Shortstop Dee Gordon made his debut for L.A. last night as a pinch-runner. Manager Don Mattingly intends
- Domonic Brown, Mike Minor, Rubby De La Rosa: Mining the Minors
(or return, if already sent down) during this season.
Players listed in order of 2011 fantasy impact.
MIXED LEAGUE RELEVANT
Domonic Brown, Phillies OF
- Waiver Wire and the DL: Brown, Blake, Garland and Pineiro
Domonic Brown (2.7% owned) – Wrist – Dominic's return to the Phillies looks to be in late April right now. He entered the season with high expectations, but his wrist injury set him back
- Brown's Bad Break Limits Phillies' Flexibility
The Philadelphia Phillies offensive depth was already going to be thin this season. That was before Domonic Brown broke the hamate bone on his right wrist Saturday afternoon. And while there’s
- The Upcoming CBA: An International Draft
- How MLB Became the Example of Peacemakers
on NFL Parade? (Variety)
FOLLOW MAURY BROWN ON TWITTER @BizballMaury
- Salary Arbitration Mumbo Jumbo
- Chris Brown: Blue Jays Fan
"Teach me how to Dougie Chris Brown." Watch the video. Tell me what you see.
I, of course, obliged.
In the video that's been
- Show Me the $! End-of-Year Payrolls
compensation, buyouts of unexercised options and cash transactions. In some cases, parts of salaries that are deferred are discounted to reflect present-day values.
Follow Maury Brown on Twitter
- MLB Free Agency Dollars to Date
- Not finalized
Bobby Jenks - Not finalized
Tsuyoshi Nishioka - Not confirmed
Miguel Olivo - Working
Follow Maury Brown on Twitter @BizballMaury
- Should Kevin Brown Be in the Hall of Fame?
Is there a more overlooked candidate on the current Hall-of-Fame ballot than Kevin Brown?
Poke around, and you'll find the usual shopworn debates and entrenched positions, but Brown, it would seem
- Making Postseason $ When Missing The Playoffs
- Inside Salary Arbitration
flipped). That has now been corrected. -- Maury Brown
Before Curt Flood’s landmark case, and before Messersmith and McNally held out in a contract year, thus allowing for the reserve clause
- Will Steinbrenner Beat Out Miller for HOF
- A Primer on the Baseball Winter Meetings
- At Game 1 of the World Series: Overflow Media
- At Game 1 of the World Series: Prelude - Different Is Good
- Rays Lose ALDS, San Antonio Dreams the Pipedream
- Breaking Down 2010 MLB Regular Season Attendance
- Weighing Dee Gordon
Dee Gordon is the skinniest baseball player I have ever seen. The revelation was one of my most profound at this year's Futures Game, which might tell you a few things: a) I am not a scout, and b
- Could MLB's Postseason TV Ratings Be Down?
- Playing the God of Baseball
- The Death of Baseball in Portland
- I Really Had a Blackout
- Will Leaked MLB Financials Alter Revenue-Sharing?
- Why Relocation and Expansion are a Pain for MLB
- Rob Manfred on Minor League Drug Testing Program
- What's In Store for the Texas Rangers Auction
- Phillies summon Domonic Brown
prospect in baseball: outfielder Domonic Brown. Most of us expected Brown to get the call once the team traded Jayson Werth, but Victorino's injury makes such a deal unlikely. Werth will instead shift
- Sizing Up Mark Cuban; Potential Owner Of The Rangers
We're happy to announce that Maury Brown, owner of the Business of Sports Network, will be writing for us here every Tuesday. Please welcome Maury to the crew.
Well, this is a fine mess you
- Maddux, Clemens, Pedro... Brown?
and Schilling on this list. No, instead, I am focusing on the starting pitcher that concludes this list: Kevin Brown.
Whenever most people see this list of nine starting pitchers, Brown tends