Sort by Relevancy
- Orioles Outfield: Adam Jones and the Hot Bat
until it finally shakes out.
* Geronimo Berroa (1996), Steve Finley (1996), David Dellucci (2005), Brian Downing (1982), Joel Youngblood (1983), Mike Simms (1998), Dickie Thon (1989)
- 2015 ZiPS Projections - Houston Astros
- The Winter of Position-Player Roster Turnover
, Juan Samuel, Steve Jeltz, Mike Schmidt, Phil Bradley, Milt Thompson and Chris James were replaced by Darren Daulton, Ricky Jordan, Tom Herr, Dickie Thon, Charlie Hayes, John Kruk, Lenny Dykstra
- 2015 ZiPS Projections - Washington Nationals
- NotGraphs Longform: The Story From Those Story Ideas Part 2
LRP Charlie Furbush (current)
RRP Rollie Fingers (1968-1985)
1B/OF Dick Sisler (1946-1953)
2B/SS Pumpsie Green (1959-1963)
INF Dickie Thon (1979-1993)
OF B.J. Upton
- Prospect Watch: Dalton Pompey and the Jays' Dilemma
Dickie Joe Thon, IF/OF: Thon dealt with some health woes early in his career but he's having a bit of a breakout season in 2014 at Low-A ball.
- Dan Szymborski FanGraphs Chat - 5/12/14
being a huge HR guy.1:14Dan Szymborski: For some reason, when I think of Machado's prime, a line like Dickie Thon's the year before he got plunked comes to mind.1:14Comment From the Average Sports
- Prospect Stock Watch -- 07/05/13
away impressed but left him off the organization's Top 15 prospects list due to limited views and lack of available information.
Dickie Thon Jr., SS, Toronto Blue Jays
Selected in the fifth round
- Bat Flips from History: Willie Aikens, 1980 World Series
-- to Kansas City first baseman Willie Aikens, at least -- was whether his fly ball against Philadelphia's Dickie Noles in Game Five of the 1980 World Series would be a home run.
"This prophecy Merlin
- Building a Farm: American League East
Yeyfry Del Rosario
- Big Spenders: Toronto's 2010 Draft Class
3rd - Christopher Hawkins, OF
3S - Marcus Knecht, OF
5th - Dickie Joe Thon, SS
7th - Mitchell Taylor, LHP
9th - Brandon Mims, 2B
11th - Shane Opitz, SS/2B
15th - Zak Adams, LHP
- The Way is Empty
and the society combine, and selfishness mingles with virtue. The victors rise to their rightful place, while the bones of Mark Prior and Dickie Thon gleam in the arid dust.
Gone are the days when
- 2010 Draft Review: AL East
because the first four picks were all hurlers, but the team's second-highest bonus getter was fifth-round pick Dickie Joe Thon. Toronto gave Thon $1.5 million to not attend Rice, and he becomes a perfect
- Where Not to Locate
than the shop-a-thon of this year's.
Given how active it was, it is easy to have July 30's Chicago-Colorado game get a bit lost in the shuffle. To recap, here is what happened with two outs