Sort by Date
- A First Look at Jon Gray
summoned 23-year-old top prospect Jon Gray from Triple-A Albuquerque to start tonight's game against the Mariners.
The Rockies drafted Gray third overall in the 2013 amateur draft out of the University
- Sonny Gray On Letting It Fly
for Sonny Gray. The work he put into his mechanics in 2012 is done, and now he's more tinkering than overhauling. In advance of Saturday's Game Two start, we talked about his arsenal and changes, both
- Sonny Gray for Ace
In 12 appearances including 10 starts, Sonny Gray did all the things you want to see out of a potential fantasy workhorse. He struck out over a batter per inning (9.42 K/9), kept the walk rate under
- The Case For Colon, The Case for Gray
Ahead of game five, Oakland manager Bob Melvin had a tough choice to make. Both Bartolo Colon and Sonny Gray were available on full rest. And though he has indicated that Sonny Gray is his starter
- Sonny Gray Has Evolved
I attended the Oakland A’s game last night, something I do a few dozen times a year, and Sonny Gray happened to be on the mound plying his trade against a talented Anaheim squad. Though he was shaky
- A GIF and a Tune: Sonny Gray and ODB
A's pitcher Sonny Gray was four years old when The Wu-Tang Clan released their debut album, so I'm not sure if Gray is privy to the philosophy of the 36 Chambers or not. Be that as it may
- Sonny Gray, Perfecting What Works
Tip: Click on any acronyms for an explanation in the FanGraphs glossary of terms.
With his final turn in the rotation for July completed, we’ve now had almost exactly one full year of Sonny Gray
- 2011 Draft: Scouting Sonny Gray
weeks I'll be profiling some of the higher-profile players.
With Vanderbilt starter Sonny Gray on the mound Thursday night, Vandy fell to Georgia 5-4. Although Gray's line- 4 runs, 9 hits, 3 walks
- The Daily Grind: SaberSim, Shoemaker, Gray
One SaberSim Shortcoming
GB / FB Splits
Tomorrow's Targets - Gray, Boyd, Gutierrez, Aoki
1. One SaberSim Shortcoming
- The Daily Grind: Franco, Erasmo, Gray
Farnsworth on Franco
Daily DFS - Erasmo, Koehler
Tomorrow's Targets - Gray, Gonzalez, Reynolds, Gose
1. Farnsworth on Franco
If you study Maikel Franco's career
- Clearly, We Like Sonny Gray a Lot
Sonny Gray is littered across the RotoGraphs bold prediction posts, so I felt obligated to break Gray down and elaborate on why I and most of the team feel so confident in Gray this season
- Coors Field Won't Scare Jonathan Gray
It seems like every time I bring up how excited I am about Jonathan Gray as a fantasy prospect, the first thing I hear in response is some variation of, "Yeah, but what about Coors Field
- Seven Similes Regarding Sonny Gray's Curveball
In the absence of video evidence like that above, the reader might find some difficulty in articulating to another party the experience of young Oakland right-hander Sonny Gray's excellent
- Q&A: Jon Gray, Rockies Future Ace
Jonathan Gray likes to be referred to as “Jon.” The more informal means of address is befitting his down-to-earth Oklahoma roots. If the 21-year-old right-hander fulfills his potential, he’ll
- Perpetually Looping Video: Jon Gray's Life-Affirming Fastball
rookie right-hander Jon Gray this evening against the Mets for strikeouts -- and all recorded at 95 mph or greater. Mere diversion or monument to human potential: this is the reader's choice, ultimately.
- Darin Ruf and Sonny Gray: Rookies Without Hype Sauce
and linger on your waiver wire until they break out with a big game that lands them on an ESPN or MLB Network highlight reel. Darin Ruf and Sonny Gray may be well-known to the hardcore fantasy players
- The Change: Severino, Gray, Owens, Norris & Rookie Pitchers or Rookie Hitters?
and ESPN rankings are mid-season, FanGraphs' is preseason.)
- MASH Report (4/7/14) - Sonny Gray & Danny Salazar in Depth
• Sonny Gray has me perplexed a bit. First, his velocity is down compared to last season.
More importantly, he has shifted to a new spot on the pitching rubber during each of his first two
- Quick Looks: Ross, Gray, Severino, Hultzen, Tanaka and Others
, but worse. I can see why he hasn't used it.
• I wonder if he could add a cutter to give himself a third pitch.
Jon Gray (60 CV/65 FV)
• He hides the ball well with his release.
• He seemed