- Stephen Drew Cares
So let's dissect this bounceback. Stephen Drew put up a 109 wRC+, nearly 30 points higher than his 2012 mark. We can't point to improved strikeout or walk rates; in fact, both of those trended
- On Drew Smyly, Jim Leyland, & Stretching in Bed
Drew Smyly was a revelation coming out of the bullpen for the Tigers in 2013, posting a 2.31 FIP and 2.65 SIERA in 76 IP. With that number of innings, it's obvious that he wasn't just a LOOGY either
- Contract Crowdsourcing 2013-14: Stephen Drew
is likely to receive, FanGraphs is also requesting that readers make note of how much they'd pay each free agent were they, themselves, actual GMs.
In this edition: Stephen Drew.
- What if Jeff Locke and Rick Porcello were Traded for Each Other?
Jeff Locke and Rick Porcello are two pitchers with large gaps between their xFIP and ERA. How you value them depends largely on your faith in defense-independent pitching theory. Porcello sports
- Jeff Locke & Thanking His Defense
One of the biggest fantasy surprises this year has undoubtedly been left-hander Jeff Locke of the Pittsburgh Pirates. After getting shelled in his first 12 big-league appearances to the tune
- Pitcher Spotlight: Chris Sale
- Drew Smyly: Old School Relief Ace
to be your best relief pitcher. The Tigers might not have a closer, but in Drew Smyly, they have something even better: an old school relief ace.
Smyly has appeared in 26 games this year, which
- Tracking R.A. Dickey's Knuckleball
- FanGraphs Audio: Jeff Locke on Jeff Locke's Success
Pittsburgh left-hander Jeff Locke has been worth about 1.3 wins by WAR calculated with runs allowed (as opposed to FIP) -- a figure that places him between the very effective Jake Peavy
- Miguel Cabrera's Ridiculous Plate Coverage
- Mariano Rivera Breaking Bats
- Matt Harvey's Nearly Perfect Outing
- Visually Comparing Clay Buchholz, 2012-2013
Greetings FanGraphs readers, I am Drew Sheppard, and if you recognize my name it is probably from the Yu Darvish pitch selection GIF that made the rounds last week. Over the coming months, it is my
- Q&A: Drew Stubbs, Continued Develpment
Six years ago, Drew Stubbs was a highly regarded Cincinnati Reds prospect about to play his first full professional season. He’s still looking to fulfill his potential. It’s happening with a new team
- Drew Storen and Tyler Clippard Are Real People
- Stephen Drew Goes to Beantown
The perennially blah Stephen Drew is packing his bags again, this time heading to Boston after signing with the Red Sox last week. Drew was limited to just about a half season worth of at-bats after
- One Drew Was Not Enough: Red Sox Ink Stephen
sorting through those scraps, the Red Sox agreed to sign Stephen Drew to a one-year contract worth $9.5 million today with some more available via incentives. Give Jon Heyman credit for the scoop
- How Much Bounce is in Stephen Drew's Pillow?
Stephen Drew signed with Boston for a year and ten mill, hoping to use that pillow contract to bounce back and get a better long-term deal in the future. For a player that sports an above-average
- Drew Pomeranz Needs Better Secondary Pitches
Drew Pomeranz takes the mound today for the Colorado Rockies. The 23-year-old lefty came into the 2012 season with Matt Moore expectations, but so far has Jamie Moyer results. On Tuesday, he takes
- A's Select Stephen Drew as Stretch Run Random Number Generator
is an improvement, acquiring Stephen Drew from the Diamondbacks in exchange for minor leaguer Sean Jamieson. Nothing against Sean Jamieson, but this is the last time he'll be mentioned in this article
- Stephen Drew: Waiver Wire
Stephen Drew (ESPN: 14 percent owned; Yahoo!: 19 percent owned)
How much venom has been lobbed at Stephen Drew by jilted fantasy owners over the years? Like Francisco Liriano and any number
- Report: Drew Smyly Has "Just a Little" Ebola
CINCINNATI -- Doctors at the Centers for Disease Control announced Tuesday that left-handed Tigers starter Drew Smyly has "just a little" Ebola.
"After extensive testing by a team of leading
- Reimold, Drew, Holland: DL Waiver Wire
is a perfect opportunity for other owners to buy low.
Stephen Drew (21%, 25%) - If any good hitting shortstop is available, they should be picked up. Drew is no exception. He is currently playing
- Smiling on Drew Smyly
Drew Smyly wasn't supposed to be here. Going into the season, it was the more heralded Jacob Turner that was supposed to move into the Detroit Tigers' starting rotation. But then shoulder woes felled
- Toronto Calls on Drew Hutchison
Drew Hutchison has received the call to The Show.
Taken in the 15th round of the 2009 draft, Hutchison wasn’t even on the radar of a lot of teams prior to the draft. Toronto scouts, though, saw
- Drew Storen's Havin' Surgery (Probably)
Drew Storen is off to see Dr. James Andrews about his elbow. Never a good sign. But at least he won't be hearing any gossip while he's there. From the website of one of Dr. Andrews's clinics
- Aaron Crow and Drew Smyly: Stock Watch
is as a ROOGY against the other teams' best right-handed hitters. It will take many injuries to the Royals' bullpen before Crow gets a chance of closing in 2012.
Truthfully, I had
- Shortstop News: Stephen Drew and Mike Aviles
home runs and steal 10 bases, Stephen Drew suffered a broken ankle in July, ending his 2011 campaign early. The 29-year-old had been hopeful for opening day but it’s now being reported that he’ll
- Can Arizona Win Without Stephen Drew?
Stephen Drew could miss the start of the 2012 season. The soon-to-be-29-year-old has been slow to recover from a devastating ankle fracture, which ended his season in mid-July. With the Arizona
- Q&A: Drew Smyly, Tigers Pitching Prospect
Drew Smyly will come to camp as a non-roster invitee, with an outside shot of making the Tigers starting rotation out of spring training. It’s more likely that the 22-year-old southpaw will begin
- Drew Stubbs and the Strikeouts
A great band name? Definitely. Especially if you've got a series of gigs in downtown Cincinnati. But we're going to stick to fantasy baseball here and talk about the fact that Drew Stubbs' league
- Davis, Smoak, Drew, Garcia, Carrasco: DL Returnees
it as a MLB 1B. He doesn't look like a league keeper and hopefully your team has found a better solution for 2011 at 1B.
J.D. Drew (shoulder, 2%): Drew has played the most games in RF for the Red Sox
- Replacing Stephen Drew
Last night, Stephen Drew broke his ankle and will be out for at least the rest of this season. It's horrible timing for the D-backs, with both J.J. Hardy and now Jose Reyes off the market. So what
- Replacing Stephen Drew
By now you've probably heard. Diamondbacks' shortstop Stephen Drew will miss the rest of the season after fracturing his ankle sliding into home last night, an injury that was Jason Kendall-esque. I
- Drew Stubbs and the Expert League Standings: The Chronicles of ottoneu
on the team perhaps performing beyond their capabilities. Drew Stubbs is striking out 27.5% of the time and has a .349 BABIP supporting his .281 batting average right now. Once that BABIP returns to earth
- Drew Stubbs: Power Threat?
In the minor leagues, Cincinnati Reds center fielder Drew Stubbs hit 28 home runs in 1847 plate appearances, a rate of just over nine every 600 PAs. Stubbs posted a SLG over .425 and an ISO over
- Corresponding Points (with Drew Fairservice)
is Drew Fairservice. Because you frequent better blogs everywhere, you've almost definitely seen Mr. Fairservice's work at Walk Off Walk and Ghostrunner on First (GROF), his Blue Jay-centric blog
- The Other Drew (Arizona Version)
well. The fourth member of the infield, shortstop Stephen Drew, has gotten relatively little attention this season. However, he's actually leading the Diamondbacks' value leaderboard as of today at 1.6
- Up and Down: Stephen Drew
The highly touted Stephen Drew exploded onto the big league scene with Arizona towards the end of the 2006 season with a .367 wOBA in 59 games. An inflated .394 mark on balls in play aided his slash
- Fantasy Links -- 11/17/2009
- Fantasy Links -- 11/10/2009
- J.D. Drew's Contract
. One of the more notable is Boston’s acquisition of J.D. Drew prior to the 2007 season, which has once again surfaced in the Boston media now that the Red Sox season is over. According to Cot’s
- Melvin Mora, Movin' On
- Fantasy Links -- 9/24/2009
- Fantasy Links -- 9/21/2009
- Fantasy Links -- 9/9/2009
- Fantasy Links -- 9/3/2009
- Fantasy Links -- 8/31/2009
- Fantasy Links -- 8/27/2009
- Fantasy Links - 8/24/2009
- Drew Stubbs
With a promotion to the major leagues today, Drew Stubbs is in an enviable win/win position.
If he performs well, he almost certainly sees his gig evolve into a full time one. On the other hand
- Fantasy Links - 6/26/2009
- Daily Linkage - 6/18/2009
- Daily Linkage -- 6/15/2009
- Daily Linkage -- 6/3/2009
- Daily Linkage - 5/22/2009
- Daily Linkage - 5/20/2009
- Daily Linkage - 5/18/2009
- Daily Linkage - 5/15/2009
- Daily Linkage - 5/14/2009
- Emmanuel Burriss and Your Daily Links
- Andre Ethier and Your Daily Links
Hi, my name is Drew Silva. And I'm a baseball addict.
It's my first post here on this wonderful website and I'm absolutely ecstatic. I'll spare you too many details about my arrival, but I
- Aggressive Approach Works for Stephen Drew
Heading into the 2004 amateur entry draft, Florida State star Stephen Drew was considered to be the top talent available. A lefty-hitting shortstop with power and enough leather to stick at a premium
- J.D. Drew Worth The Money
When J.D. Drew signed his 5 year, $70 million contract with the Red Sox, they were destroyed by national media writers such as Bill Simmons who pushed the narrative that Drew was an unclutch loser