- Reflections on "Ed"
"Ed" is movie about a monkey who can play baseball and the shitty pitcher who befriends him. There is a mechanical chimp in this movie. Worse, there is a Matt LeBlanc in this movie. Here is a trailer
- Me & Ed
A prescient Ed Lucas at his senior prom.
Each of us has an MLB Twin: that player, active or retired, whose age most closely approximates our own. Carson Cistulli's, for instance, is Joe
- Miller Time in Florida
Andrew Miller may have been the unluckiest pitcher in baseball in 2008.
Miller posted a 5.87 ERA in 107 innings, and eventually earned a ticket back to triple-A. However, Miller’s BABIP was .346
- Shelby Miller's Debut, Animated
Cardinals right-hander Shelby Miller was ranked fourth overall among all prospects by our Marc Hulet on his preseason top-100 list and within the top 10 on most other lists of that sort. Despite
- Andrew Miller's Vesting Option
- I would also accept "sneakiest" - one yet. As first reported by Alex Speier, Boston struck a deal with Andrew Miller that essentially circumvents the waiver process.
Here's the basics - Miller
- Andrew Miller's MLB Return
For a 26-year-old with an even 300 innings pitched in the majors, Andrew Miller has worn many labels throughout his career. He was a college ace at North Carolina and a top-10 pick by the Tigers
- Andrew Miller's Iffy Future
Andrew Miller has two articles linked on his page. One directs to a RotoGraphs piece written by the Talented Mr. Bendix and clicking the other will lead to a detailed look at the tallest rotations
- Is Shelby Miller ready?
Yes. No. Maybe? I don't know. 2012 has been an enigmatic year for the 21-year-old Texan. After being rated highly coming into the year Shelby Miller is the not-so-proud owner of a 5.19 ERA
- Brad Miller Is Worth Claiming
Unable to stomach Brendan Ryan and his .230 wOBA as the team's primary shortstop any longer, the Seattle Mariners have reportedly called up 23-year-old Brad Miller in an attempt to breathe some life
- Who Will Close in Pittsburgh? (Trade Deadline Ed.)
- Extry, Extry: Ed Wade Is Going to Run a Darn Marathon
That, near and dear, is Ed Wade viewed from behind -- or what he'll look like to his doomed Houston Marathon competitors!
Yes, the Astros' front-office lever-puller is in training to run
- Marvin Miller's Legacy, and the Decline of Labor
; — Interview with Marvin Miller, 2008, after asking the Hall of Fame to stop nominating him
Since Marvin Miller's death, there has been a small but respectful chorus of voices calling for Miller's
- Sam Miller Is the Boss of Word Clouds
It's without a trace of chagrin that I reproduce in these pages -- despite it having already been produced in everybody else's pages -- Sam Miller's word cloud experiment from his Angels Blog
- 2009 Impact Rookie: Adam Miller
What should we make of Adam Miller?
The right-handed pitching prospect has been frustrating the Cleveland Indians organization and its fans since he was selected out of a Texas high school
- Will Steinbrenner Beat Out Miller for HOF
of looking at the Veterans Committee vote, and specifically the absence of Marvin Miller from the Hall, the question comes down to either, “How can you not have Miller in the Hall of Fame?”, or “Miller’s
- Deep League Third Base: Luis Valbuena and Ed Lucas
more home runs he might be useful in deep leagues or league-specific formats. But 10 team mixed leagues, if you haven't already, you can move on.
Ed Lucas (Ed Lucas?)
Yes, Ed Lucas. Lucas is 31
- Breaking down Brad Miller for 2014
Believe it or not, when I solicited future shortstop topics last week, the name that came up the most was Brad Miller of the Seattle Mariners.
Don’t get me wrong, I like Miller just fine, and I
- Andrew Miller and The Art of the Dumpster Dive
Facing one of the worst offenses in baseball last night, Andrew Miller yielded 10 baserunners, became the first pitcher to give up a home run to Orlando Hudson all season, and walked away
- Shelby Miller Gets Married, Pedicures
Sharing space with the lawyers, doctors, and management consultants with quirky artisanal side businesses in this weekend's New York Times weddings section was Shelby Miller, who married his
- Daily Notes, Featuring the Miller's Tale
. Today's Complete Schedule
Featured Game: Milwaukee at Washington, 13:05 ET
Regarding the Original Miller's Tale
In Chaucer's Canterbury Tales, a miller tells a story about a carpenter
- Daily Notes, Feat. a Summary of Shelby Miller's Debut
Table of Contents
Here's the table of contents for today's edition of Daily Notes.
1. A Brief Note Regarding the Regular Season
2. Summary: Shelby Miller's First MLB Start
3. Forthcoming Games
- How Shelby Miller Resembles the Model Starting Pitcher
. Certainly, you wouldn't expect to see his name linked to that of a right-handed young starter with basically two pitches. In terms of scouting reports, Cliff Lee and Shelby Miller don't have a whole lot
- Duane Kuiper Enjoys Jon Miller... and a Bottle of Pinot
Strange thing. There's something in here about Duane Kuiper typing in 'FanGraphs' on a computer and a revealing Jon Miller popping up with a bottle of Pinot Noir. I can't make heads or tails
- Tony Cingrani, Shelby Miller and the Two-Pitch Approach
The rookies are taking over. After a handful of major-league starts, Tony Cingrani and Shelby Miller have exceeded early expectations. While they were never compared to each other in the minors, both
- Effective Andrew Miller Helping Boston's Bullpen
is the easiest way to change performance.
Among the replacements was former Miguel Cabrera trade bait Andrew Miller, who is finally starting to pitch like the sixth overall pick in the country is expected
- FanGraphs Audio: Sam Miller, OC Register
-- Bandied About!
Sam Miller, OC Register
Finally, you can subscribe to the podcast via iTunes or other feeder things.
Audio on the flip-flop. (Approximately 65 min play time.)
- FanGraphs Audio: Sam Miller of the OC Register
about Sam Miller of the OC Register. In this episode, Sam talks at some length about the effects of the Albert Pujols signing. Also discussed: why not to write a novel, lowered expectations.
- Jesus Guzman and Andrew Miller: Mining the Minors
be a smart power and eligibility add in deep NL-only play. And of course, to keep his roster spot, he'll need to hit. But that's the one thing Guzman does well.
Andrew Miller, Red Sox SP/RP
- Spotted: Chris Sabo Jersey at Miller Park
Went to the Brewers-Reds game last night at Miller Park. Decent amount of Reds fans there in a modest crowd (27,000-ish).
Often, I make a point of taking noticing the most popular jerseys worn
- Q&A: Jon Miller, Hall of Fame Broadcaster
The voice is instantly recognizable. So is the easygoing style and depth of knowledge that makes him one of the best play-by-play announcers in baseball. No one calls a game quite like Jon Miller
- Video: Andrew Miller's Entire Sunday Appearance in 30 Sec.
Andrew Miller pitched for Boston on Sunday, March 3rd, 2013, against the New York Yankees. He threw 15 pitches and struck out all three batters he faced. His entire appearance lasted just three
- Daily Notes: Feat. No Fewer Than Two Graphs in re Shelby Miller
and prized right-hander Shelby Miller.
Regarding Shelby Miller, His Performance to Date
Regarding Shelby Miller's performance to date, it wouldn't be inaccurate at all to characterize it as excellent
- Brad Miller and Chris Getz: MI Waiver Wire Help
that perfect guy you're looking for, but you might find someone who will stick for the duration of the season such as...
Brad Miller, SEA |SS| Ownership: ESPN - 20.9% Yahoo - 13.0% CBS - 40.0
- From Busch to Miller, Kyle Lohse Finds a New Home
he put together last season.
The move to Miller Park will also do the right-hander no favors. While Busch Stadium doesn’t rival PETCO Park or Target Field as a pitcher-haven, it is more forgiving